What do eat for breakfast?

McKclanof6

Earning My Ears
Happy New Year everybody!

I was just looking for some new ideas for breakfast. My kids do not like typical breakfast foods such as cereal (although I'm not sure that is such a bad thing). I just discovered greek yogurt for myslef however the kids want no part of that(its a texture thing). So I would appreciate any new ideas.

Thanks!:)

Sue

I have fruit (right now grapefruit/oranges/tangerines) are plentiful and available off neighbor's trees. I also have omellettes many days- normally I just through some meat and vegies in the pan with the eggs (I don't eat cheese).

I never ate much in breakfast foods when I was a child- I liked sausages/bacon/pancakes/waffles but that wasn't available every day. Since I didn't like breakfast foods I normally just ate what I did like- sometimes it was soup, granola bars, baked potato. I treat breakfast like every other meal- I eat what I want.

Rebecca

Get English Muffins and toast them with a piece of cheese inside. Meanwhile, make some scrambled eggs and a sausage patty, and assemble it together.. kind of like eating a McMuffin from McDonald's!

My kids either have cereal, fruit (apples generally:rolleyes1), muffins (English) or bagels. DS(11) also likes tins of Heinz spaghetti and sausages - no idea why:rolleyes1

Vitamuffins are so delicious and good for you. I would resist buying them at the grocery store and instead order the baking mix online from them. It's cheaper. The chocolate muffins are my favorite.

Many years ago, my Mom used to get as bored fixing the same old things for school day breakfast as we did eating it. So she would often make hot lunch food instead. Quesadillas, grilled cheese sandwiches, burritos and vegetable soup are items I remember her serving to us. Her theory was at least we ate a warm meal at the beginning of the day!

Thanks everyone! My kids eat leftovers whenever there are any. I will have to try the vitamuffins.

cereal, oatmeal, DS14 makes breakfast on Saturdays and it's usually a muffin mix, english muffins and bagels.
On weekends we eat pancakes or scrambled eggs.

The kids aren't big breakfast eaters so a lot of times they skip it. The above is what I keep in the house just in case.

Sometimes I make a batch of plain oatmeal and lay out some mix ins for them - raisins, chocolate chips, diced apples, chopped nuts....

Smothie. Frozen fruit, such as peaches, banana, strawberries and such, but always blueberries. Leave in fridge overnight to thaw. Then add light soy milk for protein and purple juice (pom or grape) for more liquid.

Smothie. Frozen fruit, such as peaches, banana, strawberries and such, but always blueberries. Leave in fridge overnight to thaw. Then add light soy milk for protein and purple juice (pom or grape) for more liquid.

:thumbsup2

if i make crepes on the weekend we will freeze them and then kids will stuff with fruit or just have with syrup...easy and tasty

I threw cholestral to the wind last weekend.I made a breakfast fit for a king.REAL SMOKED BACON,Jimmy Dean suasage(1/2 to eat the other for gravy),cheesy grits and about 2dozen eggs.Topped it with buttermilk biscuits.

Out of a family of four,they were no leftovers...YUMMM

I do this once a year,thank goodness!!!!!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter