What do Canadians think of Le Cellier?

I plan on booking this for the next trip. Never been. However, I think I will book it as an after dinner dessert-only reservation. Not every adr has to be for a full meal. Maybe San Angel Inn dinner and Cellier for dessert.

I want to try the maple creme brule!

Would you be able to ddo two reservationd that close together still? Just wondering. Msense to me that you would do that. Excellent idea. Just not sure if you could online. Maybe over the phone? I seem to remember being asked if I wanted to change a ressie that was close to an existing one.

Would you be able to ddo two reservationd that close together still? Just wondering. Msense to me that you would do that. Excellent idea. Just not sure if you could online. Maybe over the phone? I seem to remember being asked if I wanted to change a ressie that was close to an existing one.

I think it's a two hour timeframe, meaning you can't have two reservations within two hours of one another. If that's the case, it sounds like perfect timing. :)

Hey all!
This may be a silly question, but I haven't been to Le Cellier yet, and I'm wondering what you all think of it? Is it worthwhile, or am I better off with the Alberta beef I can get here in Edmonton?

Obviously we don't really need to experience Canada in the WS, since we live here, but I just wanted to see how you all feel about the restaurant (and the rest of the Canada pavilion, for that matter). We haven't been to WDW since we moved here, so I'm interested to go back and compare! I know I find the American pavilion rather mortifying. I promise there is more to the States than greasy burgers and Revolutionary War re-enactors!

I thought it was good. Pretzel bread is great. Steaks were good. ( I wouldn't rave about it ). They serve Unibroue beers, which is cool. But it's quite expensive, hard to get in, and if you're on the DP, not worth TWO table service credits imho.

A very common complaint about Le Cellier food is that it's too salty. Which I find amusing, because that just goes to show you how authentically Canadian the place is. Many, many foods are reformulated for the Canadian market with extra salt. For an American palate, which tends towards the sugary, I can certainly understand where the complaint is coming from.
That said, we loved it. That cheddar cheese soup is so good I had two bowls of it. The service the night we went was exceptional, some of the best service we'd had in a restaurant in our lives.

A very common complaint about Le Cellier food is that it's too salty. Which I find amusing, because that just goes to show you how authentically Canadian the place is. Many, many foods are reformulated for the Canadian market with extra salt. For an American palate, which tends towards the sugary, I can certainly understand where the complaint is coming from.
That said, we loved it. That cheddar cheese soup is so good I had two bowls of it. The service the night we went was exceptional, some of the best service we'd had in a restaurant in our lives.

You're right about the salt. I enjoyed my meal at lunch and I didn't think it was too salty while I was eating it, but I remember being so thirsty for water the rest of the day.

It doesn't deserve to be a signature, but it's good. We've had a good, friendly waiter both times we've been, and good steaks, too. No, not worth the bucks, but what the hey. The bread's great, and the soup. The poutine, being made with regular cheddar cheese, is hilariously off the mark, but in an endearing way.

I have to admit I'm a little sick of snobby-sounding steak lovers that go on about how it's no better than Sizzler, Outback, etc., etc. It might be true, it might not; but, for my money, being super snobby about the quality range of simple charbroiled beef is about on par with being super stuck-up about which reality show is the best.

It doesn't deserve to be a signature, but it's good. We've had a good, friendly waiter both times we've been, and good steaks, too. No, not worth the bucks, but what the hey. The bread's great, and the soup. The poutine, being made with regular cheddar cheese, is hilariously off the mark, but in an endearing way.

I have to admit I'm a little sick of snobby-sounding steak lovers that go on about how it's no better than Sizzler, Outback, etc., etc. It might be true, it might not; but, for my money, being super snobby about the quality range of simple charbroiled beef is about on par with being super stuck-up about which reality show is the best.

I think the reason it became a signature restaurant was because it became so popular that they didn't have any tables available for walk ups or pole that didn't book it 180 days in advance.

We didn't love it and agree that, to us, it doesn't deserve signature designation.

I had read the mixed reviews so I wasn't expecting the world, but would have been pleasantly surprised if it did blow our mind. ;)

Our entire group agreed it was one of our least favorite meals at WDW. I really don't understand the hype over the soup :confused3 and for atmosphere, service and quality of food, we much preferred Yachtsman.

But, yes, to each their own! Thankfully there are enough options to please everyone. :thumbsup2

Were not big red meat eaters. We have been a few times. Its good, but as a sometimes treat. We do love the cheddar cheese soup and now make it every thanksgiving for our family.

My beau and I had a nice time there for a late lunch at the end of February. I didn't find it took terribly long to be seated, and the restaurant didn't seem to be very loud despite being busy. I had the soup, which unfortunately I didn't enjoy all that much because it was different from what I expected (more seasoned than I thought it would be, but most people love it). The pretzel bread is fantastic, we ended up splitting the filet which was really nice, and the maple creme brulee was amazing! I think the only gripe I have is when sometimes I hear even CMs pronounce the "r" at the end of the name. :rotfl:

When I went I tried the cheddar soup and the dinner version of a poutine.

The soup was great.

The poutine was horrible: the fries were GREAT fries and would have made for a good poutine, but the cheese they chose was so NOT fresh that it didn't even melt under their bitter "rosée" gravy. The cheese also tasted horrible - not the salty curds I'm used to growing up so close to the Quebec border. I was not impressed at all by that poutine.

But my friends both had steak and were both happy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter