What Disney Tip Are you really glad you listened to?

The best tip I ever heard was to not let the rain stop us. We stayed in the parks no matter the weather and found that it kept the heat down and the crowds too. We had a great time walking on to rides during the early July crazy-ness, ponchos and all.

if you have little princess pack their princess dresses in a plastic bag before you head to a princess breakfast/bbb boutique

collect as many easy passes as you want they do not generally snub you if you are late only if you are early

try the value resorts...they are great!!! I have done deluxe, moderate and value and they are all great

take your time you can always return to disney...go with the flow and take it all in instead of rushing through thinking you will miss something...we don't rush to the parks first thing in the morning b/c that is not fun for us. However, some families love it. Do what works for your family.

Tie a bright colored bandana/ribbon around your stroller to tell it from the sea of strollers you will encounter there

Always bring raingear to the parks

Bring a collapsable dirty laundry hamper it keeps the troops organized in tight quarters

Bring a shoe organizer you can hang over the door to store necessary items all in one place...q tips, suntan lotion, barrets etc....

Last but certainly not least wear your most comfortable shoes

We were in the world in 08 dring the second half of our stay hurricane Faye hit. Parks were open in made things cooler and less crowded. One of best memories in one night of on and off rain we were @ MK in our ponchos and we were just walking on everything. It was so much fun!! Haunted Mansion was so cool on a dark, rainy night!!! We are going back again this Aug and I'm bringing ponchos and I don't care if it rains or not.:cool1:

One of the best tips I learned from dis was when you get a fastpass you can use it ANY time after the stated return time.:cool1:

The best tip I ever heard was to not let the rain stop us. We stayed in the parks no matter the weather and found that it kept the heat down and the crowds too. We had a great time walking on to rides during the early July crazy-ness, ponchos and all.

We did this to. We went to Sea World in the morning. By the afternoon it was pouring. We went to Epcot in the afternoon and we were surprised at how many people were leaving as we were walking in. Couple of hours later it stopped raining and it seemed like we had the whole park to ourselves.

Here are my favourite rides:
1. Splash Mountain
2. Big Thunder Mountain
3. Rockin Roller Coaster
4. Space Moutain
5. Test Track
6. The many adventures of Winnie the pooh
7. Norway Ride
8. Haunted Mansion
9. Its a Small World
10. Carousel of Progress

If you have kids, avoid the light up sneakers - the power pack in the heel makes their feet hurt badly. It took me forever to figure out that was the problem.

I thought you had to go through the security line if you had stuff - is that not true? Really, bags only? If I have a water bottle, and no bag, I can walk right in? I was surprised to read about folks packing cargo pants full of stuff and skipping security.

Babyswap is Great!!!
we did it back in 2005 and we got to go on all our rides and some of us got to ride twice bc only one person needed to stay with our son!!!
so double the fun!!!

half the stuff to carry
double the money

* Get a wallet insert for pictures. $0.50 at Claire's Boutique or Icing acessory shops in most malls. They had colorful plastic inserts too.

Put Driver's license, room card, park card and a little cash in each of four pockets...neat and compact in my pocket.

* Use fastpasss whenever possible.

It allowed us to check out the surrounding area and possibly try a less crowded attraction while skating past the long line at the appointed time.

* Use priority seating

Just so helpful when selecting such popular character meals

* Get extra package of pinbacks

Dh lost most of the pinbacks that came with the ones he purchased. Rather than lose the pin itself...replacements were in his pocket already.

* Use cell phone or prepaid calling card instead of hotel room phones.

The operator assisted surchage on direct or collect calls, while posted, was highway robbery!

Madison :)

pack lightly and do laundry once during your trip. Also sending a box of odd and ends by mail to your resort before leaving. Remember the return address label if sending back home.

I see lots of advice all over about taking breaks to go back to the hotel, swim, relax, etc. so that around dinner you're rejuvenated adn ready to hit the parks again.

What kind of schedule do you recommend if you're going in October and the parks are only open until 7:00? It seems like a lot of what I've read says about 1 or 2 to take a break and get back about 5 or 6, but that would only leave you another hour or two in the parks (the week we're going there's only one EMH in the evening we can partake in). Would you still recommend a break, just shorter/earlier or something?

Just curious. :)

I see lots of advice all over about taking breaks to go back to the hotel, swim, relax, etc. so that around dinner you're rejuvenated adn ready to hit the parks again.

What kind of schedule do you recommend if you're going in October and the parks are only open until 7:00? It seems like a lot of what I've read says about 1 or 2 to take a break and get back about 5 or 6, but that would only leave you another hour or two in the parks (the week we're going there's only one EMH in the evening we can partake in). Would you still recommend a break, just shorter/earlier or something?

Personally we have done off season visits 2 out of 2 times, and we just go all day then are done by the time the parks close at 8p or so. Of course we haven't been there when it was hot so I am not the authority. Going back to the hotel takes a big chunk of time, esp. if relying on Disney transportation (mono. or bus). Walking back to the front and to the car/bus/monorail station, it does take a lot of energy and time just for that. If your group needs a break just find a decent place to chill for a snack and regroup. We don't even get park hoppers because w/ the shorter hours, there just isn't time. HTH!

Best tips Ive gotten:

Carry a bag of snacks
Start early and Fast pass whenever possible
Once you have started early and rode everything possible, go back to the hotel, relax rejuvenate yourself then head back out. This has worked wonders with little children in tow

I think the "take breaks" rule is more for the peak season when it is very hot and crowded. Since you are going in October when it is cooler and less crowded, you won't need to take the big breaks. Also, if you have little ones, you may want to take at least short breaks around lunch just so they can get a quick nap in. If they go all day nonstop, they tend to have major melt downs later in the afternoon. But if it is just adults or older kids not needing naps anymore ... stay the entire day and take advantage of every second. If you get tired, stop, have a snack and relax for about 30 minutes to get rejuiced.

Have fun!

Ordering from gardengrocer.com, asking to sit up front on the monorail, taking flavor packets for water fountain refills of your bottle (to disguise the sulfur taste), taking a break in the afternoon, making ADR's, eating meals at less busy times, leaving plenty of time to get from resort to parks, packing light and doing laundry, doing rides during parades, grabbimg FP's first thing, and a million others thanks to all of you wonderful people!

Ordering from gardengrocer.com, asking to sit up front on the monorail, taking flavor packets for water fountain refills of your bottle (to disguise the sulfur taste), taking a break in the afternoon, making ADR's, eating meals at less busy times, leaving plenty of time to get from resort to parks, packing light and doing laundry, doing rides during parades, grabbimg FP's first thing, and a million others thanks to all of you wonderful people!

Sadly, they don't allow you to ride up front in the monorail anymore. :sad2: I hope they change that back some day. Riding up front was a real treat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter