• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What Disney Tip Are you really glad you listened to?

Well, last year when we went, granted IT WAS FREE DINING during September, but my husband and I just had the most HORRIBLE experience at Magic Kingdom EMH one night. The lines were EXTREMELY LOOONG.. AND it was A MADHOUSE getting out of the park. It took us 2 hours to get back to our hotel. We vowed NEVER AGAIN!:sad2: SO next time I will actually LISTEN to Tour Guide Mike's advice!!!

DON'T DO Extra Magic hours at the Magic Kingdom!! Especially at night!!!!

I have to disagree w/ this. We just did EMH at MK (the morning one) and we got all of Fantasyland done in ONE HOUR!! Never happened before. :) We did a bit more, and had all of MK done by 3pm...left after the parade to nap.

I also want to thank whoever posted the tip about using the ironing board as a table! In POP that really made a HUGE difference when we put all our food and stuff on it instead of the little table that's there. Thanks again!!

I have to disagree w/ this. We just did EMH at MK (the morning one) and we got all of Fantasyland done in ONE HOUR!! Never happened before. :) We did a bit more, and had all of MK done by 3pm...left after the parade to nap.
We love gettting to the parks for early EMH, regardless of the parks. You can get so much done in the 1st hour! It is perfect with 2 young ones who are up anyway! DH and I also are so excited, we can't wait to hit the parks!

Some of my tips:

One of those mesh pop-up laundry baskets. They fit in the bottom of your suitcase and are great when you have 4 people in your resort room throwing their dirty things everywhere.

Remember that when you use the shops on Main Street in the Magic Kingdom to exit at the end of the day... only the shops on the left hand side as you leave the park (the Tomorrowland side) are the ones that connect. If you use the other side, you can't get out, especially if you're trying to leave during a parade.

I type out our rough itineraries, any notes of special things about the parks I want to remember and some of the restaurant menus onto 4x6 pieces of paper. I insert these into one of those cheap photo brag books you can get at Walmart. Long ago I paid $1 for them. You can even insert your own "cover photo" on some styles if you want. I've used this idea for my last three trips. Keeps everything handy including reservation numbers, the "cheat sheets" from TourGuideMike's website for each park, our touring plan, copies of our park passes and photopass and more.

I also want to thank whoever posted the tip about using the ironing board as a table! In POP that really made a HUGE difference when we put all our food and stuff on it instead of the little table that's there. Thanks again!!

Okay...I guess I should clairify something.....I miss typed when I alluded to the fact that EARLY EMH was a mistake....My husband and I NEVER went to the AM EMH....I see how this could work out for a lot of you. We just did the EMH PM and it was EXTRA crowded THAT night. I guess I am a little weary about the EMH PM since then. Just MY opinion:confused3

Some of my tips:

I type out our rough itineraries, any notes of special things about the parks I want to remember and some of the restaurant menus onto 4x6 pieces of paper. I insert these into one of those cheap photo brag books you can get at Walmart. Long ago I paid $1 for them. You can even insert your own "cover photo" on some styles if you want. I've used this idea for my last three trips. Keeps everything handy including reservation numbers, the "cheat sheets" from TourGuideMike's website for each park, our touring plan, copies of our park passes and photopass and more.

Love the brag book tip, that's a new one for me. Thanks:smokin:

DON'T DO Extra Magic hours at the Magic Kingdom!! Especially at night!!!!

Well, last year when we went, granted IT WAS FREE DINING during September, but my husband and I just had the most HORRIBLE experience at Magic Kingdom EMH one night. The lines were EXTREMELY LOOONG.. AND it was A MADHOUSE getting out of the park. It took us 2 hours to get back to our hotel. We vowed NEVER AGAIN!:sad2: SO next time I will actually LISTEN to Tour Guide Mike's advice!!!

Okay...I guess I should clairify something.....I miss typed when I alluded to the fact that EARLY EMH was a mistake....My husband and I NEVER went to the AM EMH....I see how this could work out for a lot of you. We just did the EMH PM and it was EXTRA crowded THAT night. I guess I am a little weary about the EMH PM since then. Just MY opinion:confused3

We always go to EMH at nite in MK and we go in July! Always loved it my family looks forward to EMH. Cooler at nite, no sun beating on you and most families with little ones go to early EMH so the little ones are in bed.

We've never had trouble getting back to resort. We are normally one of the last out of the park. Last time we were only ones on monorail ( we knew this because we sat up front and could hear radio and CMs talking.) and we were the only ones on tram to go to cars grandson got to talk on the microphone, tell driver it was all clear to leave. He loved it. another time they only had vans taking the last few ppl to their vehicles. And it was just us and one other family CMs came out and said that was it park is clear.

Give it another chance. Always make sure you are already in the park (nite time) and have your bracelets before EMH starts, you can get in lots of rides while the late parade is still going and the line of ppl outside are trying to get in the park and are in line for there bracelets.
We did this 5 yrs straight and go for 10 days at a time.

Another idea for a laundry hamper is to use the great big (XXL) blue ziploc bags and hang it from the adjoining room door. When you pack you can just put the entire bag minus the air into your suitcase, so it takes up less space and then take it directly to the laundry area when you get home. We found this very handy, although you should be mindful of the weight of the suitcase as we discovered ours was just slightly too heavy at the airport. We ended up being the people we never wanted to be, taking things out of that suitcase and putting them into another at the check-in!

We drive down and like to use Web sites like gasbuddy.com so we know the cheapest places to fuel up along the way.

bringing a backpack to the parks!!! This was a money saver for us. DH didn't mind carrying it. Wipes and hand sanitizer is essential. Advil,Aleve, etc. glow sticks for kids (make sure to buy before the trip) You can get these at the dollar store. Pennies for the penny press. We did invest in a penny press book so that the kids can put them somewhere they wouldn't lose them.

I have a tip that I don't think anyone mentioned yet. This was actually a suggestion from my friend's daughter when I took her last August.

We went to AK when they had pm EMH, and had reservations at Rainforest Cafe at 7. We got out at the same time the park was closing (8pm). We stayed at ASMo and the line for the bus stretched at least halfway from the bus stop to the entrance to AK.

She asked if we could go somewhere else, and I told her 'no, I'm just too tired'. Then she asked if we could take the monorail back (it was her first time in Disney), I explained why we couldn't. Then a light bulb went off, I grabbed her hand and said to her 'but we can take a bus to Epcot and grab a bus to our hotel from there.'

That easily saved us from waiting 2-3hrs in line for the bus from AK!!!!

Moleskin! Holy cats, by the end of the first day my feet were way sore, and I put moleskin on the spots that were getting sore and it was a miracle cure! I was so impressed. So, thanks DIS!

Moleskin! Holy cats, by the end of the first day my feet were way sore, and I put moleskin on the spots that were getting sore and it was a miracle cure! I was so impressed. So, thanks DIS!

Stupid question alert:
um, what exactly is "moleskin" made out of?

My Podiatrist New I Was Going To Disney, Ds & Dd Have Foot Disorders, He Recommended Crocs - Only Dd & I Would Wear Them, We Went To The World With 23 Others - They All Made Fun Of Us And Our Ugly Shoes, But No Blisters, No Feet Or Knee Pain. Thank You Dr. G

It Has A Sticky Side And Soft Side, You Cut It Bigger Than Your Blister, Cut A Hole So Blister Is Not Covered And It Will Cushion Around The Blister So It Doesn't Hurt, Ds Is A Boy Scout He Taught Me All About Mole Skin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter