What Disney Tip Are you really glad you listened to?

Discussion in 'Disney World Tips' started by barbaraann, Mar 22, 2005.

1. levenhopper

levenhopper DIS Veteran

I thought so too...but he didn't say which company he recommended renting from. Weird...

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. GirlOutlaw

GirlOutlaw Mouseketeer

I stopped for a photo op at the umbrella twice (each time it was feb . 2010&2012) neither time did the rain feature work. They may shut it off during cold weather?.?

4. ZoZo

ZoZo DIS Veteran

I use carabiner clips to attach things like my visor to my messenger bag. But I can't imagine attaching a tablet like my iPad to my belt loop with a twist-tie! Besides worrying whether it would fall off and break, I wouldn't want to walk along with bunch of stuff like a refillable mug attached to my belt loops. That's why I stopped using a big heavy mister bottle - hated having it bump along against my hip all day long. Just sayin'.

5. Rememberingthe70s

Rememberingthe70s Old School

It's no wonder this poster needs a rolling vehicle.

6. 2012bella13

2012bella13 Mouseketeer

:yay:Planning a trip the same week Feb-Mar 2013!!
    I am so excited!!
    Here is praying for safe travel & good weather!!pixiedust:

7. chiburple

chiburple Mouseketeer

Oh it looked totally tacky, I will definatly give you that! Lol

But I didn't really feel either bump along my hip and I was super careful to fasten the tablet very securely to avoid losing it. But of course it's a matter of preference. For me I go nuts carrying anything around in my hands all day - even a jacket. I even have trouble wearing a watch or a ring all day.

8. prekteacher

prekteacher Mouseketeer

:woohoo: Keep the tips coming !

9. erynsmom

erynsmom Mouseketeer

We'll be there the same time! :cool1:
    Hoping for good weather so I won't have to pack a lot of different clothing :goodvibes
    Love this thread...looking for more great ideas :thumbsup2

10. 2012bella13

2012bella13 Mouseketeer

This will be our second trip, went in May of 2011, it did not go so well. Stayed off site, it was record heat 96, DD wanted to go back to play in the water & once there, her & DH did not want to go back to the park. It was also the first time she had been anywhere on vacation, (Make A Wish Trip).
    Over the past yr, she keeps asking to go back, she wants to eat at Cinderella Castle, we could not get reservations the last time, so we are planning an early Birthday celebration for her, & Yes!! I have reservations this time!!:cheer2:

Will be staying at AOA, Cars section.
    Checking out all of these wonderful tips, I am trying to be better prepared this time!:thumbsup2

11. APB513

APB513 Wishing I was back in my Laughing Place

I'm so glad that you all are going back and that you were able to get reservations at Cinderella's Royal Table.

Have a magical time!

12. chiburple

chiburple Mouseketeer

That is a good theory. Defiantly could be it.

It also seemed like the giant coke bottle wasn't releasing mist and I know that was working back in September of this year.

13. 2012bella13

2012bella13 Mouseketeer

Here are a couple of tips:

1. Take a wet wash cloth put it in a ziploc, stick it in the freezer overnight. Put it in your cooler or backpack, Use it on hot days to cool off your face & neck, it will refresh you, it will be wet & cold by the middle of the day. This is from a beach bather - she gave me that tip a long time ago & it cost you nothing.

2. When taking a bag or cooler to Disney if you have anything like a cup or bowl, you will want to put it in a clear ziplock because when I went last year a bag checker had a stick & used it to look at everything, he poked in all the cups & bowls, so I could not use them for my DD, who knows what that stick has touched!:scared1:

3.Take something for you child to have to snack on while pushing her thru the parks, they will see all of the other kids with lollipops, the second day I figured out that if my DD had a ring pop she was quite as a mouse! & I did not have to buy one of those expensive ones that take you forever to open & they never finish, you either eat it, save for later or throw it in the trash!! ( next trip is in Feb. I going to try that again - but she is older almost by 2yrs, so I do not know if it will work as good-LOL!!-going to celebrate her 5th birthday)

I finally got thru the whole thread, great tips!!:woohoo:

14. bdklein

bdklein DIS Veteran

Free filtered water (not bottled) at counter service (like most fast food places).

15. gracer9977

gracer9977 Happiness is Disney

I had read that tip for the baggies with the frozen washcloth and I remember thinking I am not going to be that hot (we left from NH in Sept). :rolleyes1 However by midway through our first 90 degree day I had my baggies with the washcloths in the stroller. :)

We always bring a cooler of food in with us and make sure we have snacks for the kids. Seems like they are always hungry and always want something when they see another child walk by eating something. This saves us from having to constantly find something for them to eat and pay $5.00 for a bag of popcorn, a lollipop or Popsicle. :)

16. fuzzlekins

fuzzlekins Mouseketeer

How can you tell whether or not the water is filtered? I'm not fond of drinking water from foreign locales (can create stomach issues of course) so I'm wondering if the water being filtered would fix the issue. We typically pack bottled water and this time we'll have the big mugs from the resort, but in the restaurants, I really don't want to order a high-calorie or carbonated drink (we're on the DP).

17. afnaechiquita

afnaechiquita DIS Veteran

You might want to look into something like this: http://www.waterbobble.com/

18. jemh628

jemh628 Mouseketeer

We took the Camelbak water bottles with the charcoal filters and just hooked them to the outside of our backpack. It was easy and a huge moneysaver and the water tasted great.

19. fuzzlekins

fuzzlekins Mouseketeer

This sounds good. Does it really kill the bad taste that FL is notorious for?

20. Sandie08

Sandie08 Earning My Ears

Thanks for this advise we will be there the week of Christmas I will make sure we volunteer for this!

21. disneyjes

disneyjes Mouseketeer

Thank you everyone for the great tips! Subbing so I can keep reading them! <3