What Disney Tip Are you really glad you listened to?

Yardbird said:
Discount Codes! When I joined Dis last year, I had no idea that discount codes existed. Last June we were able to use a McDonald's code and paid $79.00 a night for POFQ. Then in October we used a room only code and got WL for $139.00 a night. This June we will be returning for our first DVC trip (another tip)!

There are so many useful tips that I learned from these boards, that I can't even begin to mention them all!

Where exactly do you get the codes from? Thanks, still new here!!

I'm also interested in where you get the codes from. :confused:

Another tip: Not sure if this tip has been mentioned or not, but I just downloaded the "Disney Parks.Verizon Mobile Magic" app on my cell phone and it's looks pretty neat. I'm sure it will be fun to ck out prior to going and helpful while I'm there.

There have been soooo many wonderful tips on this thread. Thanks to everyone soooo much...:cool1:

When we went to Disney with a 1-year old a million years ago, a friend of mine gave me the best advice: take a roll of masking tape in your suitcase. When we got to the room, I was able to cover the outlets with a stip of tape, and I taped the dresser drawers shut so his little fingers wouldn't get caught in the drawers (because I knew he'd be trying to open and close them a zillion times). Even now, I take a roll of masking tape because I still find so many uses for it. It was a great baby-proofing solution for a hotel room!

Satnin

Bring milk and cereal to your hotel room from the grocery store. It's cheaper than eating in the parks and you don't have to rush tired kids out the door so early for breakfast. The sell cereal right in the plastic cups so you don't have to bring bowls.

Take a picture of your camera, so that when you lose it, you'll at least have a picture of it!
:rotfl2:

Anyway, in more seriousness, regarding pressed pennies, how many are we talking about here? Got my M&M container/film container/RX container all ready to go w/ quarters & pennies, but not sure if I have enough!

Do I need 10? 25? 100? more? Just how widespread are these things? Are they everywhere? (Haven't been to WDW before, just DL).

There are more than any one person could do and still ride any rides! Here is a guide: http://www.presscoins.com/listings/#newlistings

My suggestion....pick a theme (favorite character/s, ride, etc) so that you narrow down how many you need. While it was great fun over the years collecting these.....they sit in a box now. "Someday" I plan to put them into a shadow box, but that probably won't happen anytime soon, lol.

When we went to Disney with a 1-year old a million years ago, a friend of mine gave me the best advice: take a roll of masking tape in your suitcase. When we got to the room, I was able to cover the outlets with a stip of tape, and I taped the dresser drawers shut so his little fingers wouldn't get caught in the drawers (because I knew he'd be trying to open and close them a zillion times). Even now, I take a roll of masking tape because I still find so many uses for it. It was a great baby-proofing solution for a hotel room!

Satnin

Thank you so much, that's a great tip!! We'll be traveling soon with a 17 mo old who gets in EVERYTHING!

This thread is amazing! My DH and I are going on our honeymoon in October, and I have already started a "disney box" for stuff from this thread (moleskin, disney bandaids, etc.) I am also planning on bringing an inflatable foot soak tub, as I always have problems with my feet.

I have seen a few references to wearing double socks and the use of moleskin. I have lived in Florida for years, and am blessed to have been able to go to WDW fairly often. We are a Crocs family! Myself, DH, 3 children and GM. I have never had a blister, nor over-tired feet, and I am someone with serious joint issues in my legs and feet. We also like how waterproof the Crocs are for the water rides and possible rain storms. They are easily wiped off and dried, without having to wear soggy socks and shoes for hours afterward.

On an early trip, my DH decided to wear socks and his favorite sneakers one day. When he got back to the hotel room, he said his feet had never been so tired. The next day he wore Crocs and swore he would never do WDW again without them.

Just my two cents. But as a Florida resident, that is my biggest Disney recommendation.;)

moleskin :thumbsup2

I wrapped my "problem" toes in moleskin to prevent blisters. Just be sure to try this out before your Disney trip to make sure it's comfortable for you to walk in. The thinner moleskin works better for this than the thick moleskin. Also first aid tape is helpful to keep the moleskin from falling off.

My other tip is to buy high quality thick, padded socks (they're expensive but so much more comfortable than cheap socks.) Coolmax and Smartwool are some choices that provide wicking. Don't use cotton socks and make sure your socks fit correctly (not too big.) I like Thorlos socks too.

Another moleskin tip that's really useful if you don't get to the stuff before a blister forms: use the thick moleskin. Cut a square that's bigger than the blister area, fold it in half, and cut a circle out of it that's ever so slightly bigger than the blister itself. This will protect the blister from getting rubbed more (you can use tape to keep it from sliding around), and will also prevent you having to worry about sticking the sticky side to delicate blister skin.

DP used exactly this method after some wicked blisters developed when we went to DTD on the day we got to WDW. The blisters never popped or got worse, and never hurt either!

I don't know if that was mentioned but...

For those who like to journal what they have eaten/purchased and keep receipts. Bring long letter envelopes with you. Use one for each day. You can keep the receipts inside the envelopes. And, write your memories on the outside of the envelope. Thought might be a little cheaper than buying a journal and you will have somewhere to put your receipts (instead of your wallet or bag pocket). And, you will already be organized! So, when you get home, you can read what you have done/ate that particular day and have the receipts/stubs as mementos.

Maria

TOTALLY TRYING THIS ONE! :thumbsup2

This will be our first trip without the DDP so this is a great way to be organized and keep my thoughts straight for each day! THANKS!:flower3:

an earlier post said you could rent a stroller free is you had a disney visa card. Does anyone know if this is still true?

OMG!! I finally got to the end of this thread! Lots of great ideas and I can't wait to try them out when we go! Thank you all and I hope to add some of my own soon.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We stayed at Animal Kingdom Village & rented a car - definitely the right move given how far the resort is from the rest of the resort...we tried the bus a few days to see how long it would take -- it was bearable, but driving to places was definitely much faster since we tend to hop around a lot and take breaks in the afternoon.

I have seen a few references to wearing double socks and the use of moleskin. I have lived in Florida for years, and am blessed to have been able to go to WDW fairly often. We are a Crocs family! Myself, DH, 3 children and GM. I have never had a blister, nor over-tired feet, and I am someone with serious joint issues in my legs and feet. We also like how waterproof the Crocs are for the water rides and possible rain storms. They are easily wiped off and dried, without having to wear soggy socks and shoes for hours afterward.

On an early trip, my DH decided to wear socks and his favorite sneakers one day. When he got back to the hotel room, he said his feet had never been so tired. The next day he wore Crocs and swore he would never do WDW again without them.

Just my two cents. But as a Florida resident, that is my biggest Disney recommendation.;)

Definitely crocs for me too - my feet don't ache at all even when having a 15+ hour stint in the parks compared to trainers where my feet throbbed so much it was difficult to sleep.

Shezzy

The one thing I am thankful I stumbled upon are safety tattoos. I hope I won't lose my DD2' but now at least my cell is on her arm. We watched a little girl at Busch gardens get lost, and when she was found she was so far away in such a short amount of time. We don't go to Busch Gardens, ,Water Country, or WDW without them.

Bring milk and cereal to your hotel room from the grocery store. It's cheaper than eating in the parks and you don't have to rush tired kids out the door so early for breakfast. The sell cereal right in the plastic cups so you don't have to bring bowls.

I like to bring protein bars. They make a quick breakfast, are easy to carry and keep me full until I find a convenient lunchtime. Give it a try!

:thumbsup2

Finally finished reading through all this long thread!
Thanks everyone for the amazing tips! Will surely use many of these!

After reading it all over a couple weeks I'm not sure of everything that was mentioned, but I'll include a couple that I found were very helpful on our last trip:

- When you enter MK after rope drop, head over to Fantasyland as it will get REALLY crowded throughout the day (specially after the opening of the new section in December) and people usually take longer to get there. I was able to get a FP to Peter Pan, do Pooh and small world and then use that FP in less than 40 minutes or so. Then it was off to Haunted mansion and Frontierland for us!

- Dole Whips!!! (always good to remember! I got one last trip for the first time and it surely will become a must-do for all trips!)

- Some people forget about DTD and DisneyQuest: the Pirates of the Caribbean battle in DQ was one of the highlights of our trip! We did it several times, changing the captain for each time and creating strategies to beat the other ships!

- At MK hub there are some classic characters statues. When I went with my grandparents in 98, my grandma took a picture of me and my sis with our favorite characters (Dumbo for me and Chip/Dale for her) and since then we took a picture every time with those characters. Its great to see those pictures side by side marking each trip!

I just read this entire thread and was so impressed with how many helpful and great tips, suggestions and innovative ideas were shared! I wish I was clever enough to add something...thanks again for sharing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter