What Disney Tip Are you really glad you listened to?

Put an address label on all electronic equipment (camera, phone, mp3 player...) Guests frequently leave small items behind, and CM's will turn them into GR. They check to see if you are a guest at their hotels, and if not, they will mail your gadget back to you, if they know where to send it! A friend of mine learned this the hard way. :grouphug:

If you have kids, avoid the light up sneakers - the power pack in the heel makes their feet hurt badly. It took me forever to figure out that was the problem.

I thought you had to go through the security line if you had stuff - is that not true? Really, bags only? If I have a water bottle, and no bag, I can walk right in? I was surprised to read about folks packing cargo pants full of stuff and skipping security.

I've often thought that bag check is a waste. If you wanted to bring anything illegal into the park who would put it in a bag that was going to be searched. So you can smuggle anything past them. Why put the guest through this.

I've often thought that bag check is a waste. If you wanted to bring a gun or anything else illegal into the park who would put it in a bag that was going to be searched.

The bag search is not just a bag seach. It also serves to slow people down, so that security can eye-ball everyone.

I've often thought that bag check is a waste. If you wanted to bring anything illegal into the park who would put it in a bag that was going to be searched. So you can smuggle anything past them. Why put the guest through this.
Don't they have metal detectors you walk through? Last trip to Disneyland they did. That was three years ago.:cutie:

Just like with airport security, It's not just there to "catch everything that shouldn't be there", but also a deterrent designed to make people think twice. Plus, As someone else mentioned, It helps create a choke point where they can see people coming into the parks which allows them to see if someone may be acting suspicious and therefore maybe in need of a bit of extra questioning.

And from experience, I'm one of those people who never bring a bag into the park. Anything and everything I may need for the day will be in my pockets, so i will walk thru the "no bag" entrance. Back in March on a kind of nasty weather morning (slightly chilly and rainy) I was walking to the gates of AK with all my stuff in my jacket pockets (including my hands) and had security come over from the bag check tables and ask what was in my pockets causing the bulges. I had my camera and camera bag in one pocket, and 2 packs of cigs, my keys, and lighter in the other. It wasn't that big a deal, but it does go to show that they will check even people who can technically bypass the bag check.

Don't they have metal detectors you walk through? Last trip to Disneyland they did. That was three years ago.:cutie:

Nope.... no Metal Detectors in Florida.

....at least, during "regular" park operation. I don't know if that holds true during special events such as Grad Nights, etc.

Where do you find these discount codes everyone here seems to use?

The codes are released by Disney. Some are public, and anyone can use them, others, called PINS, are available to the issued party only. Disney releases them to entice crowds, especially during their low seasons. You may receive an e-mail, or you can just call Disney up, and ask them if there are any PINS attached to your name. I just tried, and even though our trip was paid in full, we received a room upgrade and saved nearly $100. That's not much to some folks on here, but it was enough to pay for me to go parasailing while I'm there! Every penny counts these days.:hippie:

Booking Town Cars for off property excursions .... using a sling bag in the parks (non gender specific colour so DH Husband can take a turn or two holding it too) .... to not stop touring durin the rain.

What is the best day during the week to go to MK? I've heard Weds are better days-any advice?

Well let's turn that into a tip. Use one of the crowd calendar apps to decide. There is no one "good day" to go to MK. You want to avoid EMH days (unless you are taking advantage of them) as it increases crowds. Avoid special events. That sort of thing.

There are crowd level apps from Unofficial Guides (http://touringplans.com/) and Undercover Tourist (http://www.undercovertourist.com/) that I think are essential in planning our park visits. They have yet to steer me wrong. There are other apps too, those are the ones I use; small subscription fees may apply. They now also come as apps for Android and Apple iEverything, so you can stay up to date while travelling.

Honestly, after our 2010 trip someone on DIS was posting about how horrible the crowds were over March break. DW and I were wondering what they were talking about? Thanks to the apps we picked the best days to tour every park, and didn't even notice the crowds!

Have fun!

Has to be the brita water bottle. $9.99 in two different colors. Disney gives you free ICE water. You can have instant ice cold water any time you want. The bottle is slightly insulated. Alot smaller than the Bobble (sp) water bottle. I just kept a microfiber towel wrapped around it, (duel purpose it kept in our back pack and kept my back cool not to mention the towel to cool us off). We could fill it up anywhere.

Also the cut sponges to clean it. I cut up a sponge ($1 at dollar tree for 2) into 10 small long pieces and then washed the brita water bottle and my refillable mug!~ OMG....BEST TIPS EVER. Loved the clothes line one too. Got a great one at my hardware store for $1.99.

Has to be the brita water bottle. $9.99 in two different colors. Disney gives you free ICE water. You can have instant ice cold water any time you want. The bottle is slightly insulated. Alot smaller than the Bobble (sp) water bottle. I just kept a microfiber towel wrapped around it, (duel purpose it kept in our back pack and kept my back cool not to mention the towel to cool us off). We could fill it up anywhere.

Also the cut sponges to clean it. I cut up a sponge ($1 at dollar tree for 2) into 10 small long pieces and then washed the brita water bottle and my refillable mug!~ OMG....BEST TIPS EVER. Loved the clothes line one too. Got a great one at my hardware store for $1.99.

Wait...what is the clothes line tip? I must've missed it.popcorn::

Oh, and I just thought of someything else. Each year we decorate the window in our room. But it always takes so much time to do it. Time we'd rather spend in the pool. This next trip, I think I might get some painters plastic, cut it the size of the window and then decorate it here at home. Then once in theroom at the resort I can just tack it up with 3M removable strips. :)

Oh, and I just thought of someything else. Each year we decorate the window in our room. But it always takes so much time to do it. Time we'd rather spend in the pool. This next trip, I think I might get some painters plastic, cut it the size of the window and then decorate it here at home. Then once in theroom at the resort I can just tack it up with 3M removable strips. :)

I have seen other posts that elude to window decorating...is this a tradition I am not aware of? Do many people decorate their windows? It sounds like fun. What's the dealeo?:sail:

We decorate our window each trip (usually a Halloween theme). Just be sure to not use tape or anything that cannot be removed easily. No nails or tacks. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter