What Disney Movies to Watch Before an Upcoming Trip?

daisy2jae

DIS Veteran
We will be going to DL in 4 weeks. We usually have family nights and watch Disney movies before we go to update us all on the characters, themes, stories, etc... My DH hasn't seen a lot of the movies. What movies are must sees?
1. Toy Story 1 & 2
2. Monsters Inc
3. Lion King
4. Cinderella
5. Sleeping Beauty
6. Aladin
7. Bugs Life
8. Snow White
9. Mary Poppins
10. The Little Mermaid
11. Disneys Cars
12. Peter Pan
13. Alice in Wonderland
14. Dumbo
15. Winnie the Pooh
16. Mickey Mouse...Some movie
17. Catch up on Playhouse Disney shows....

Any other ones that we need to add?

I would watch brother bear - Their show in California Adventure was a highligt for my 5 year old daughter

thanks for the idea...I would have never thought of it. I don't own it but get netflix. That would be a good place to get it from without having to buy a copy unless I can find it on ebay cheap...

We usually watch Brother Bear, Bugs Life, Toy Story, Peter Pan, Disneyland Fun, and Happy Hauntings. This year my kids fell in love with House of Villains too. We should have watched Aladdin, but we didn't.

ETA: Maybe Lilo and Stitch, if you plan on eating at the Lilo and Stitch breakfast.

Need to add: :thumbsup2

Pinocchio (PDJ, Magical fireworks)

Just for fun, here's some 'food for thought': :goodvibes

Tinker Bell (Pixie Hollow, fireworks)
The Muppet Movie (Muppet*Vision 3D)
Tarzan (Tarzan's Treehouse)
The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad (Mr. Toad's Wild Ride)
Honey I Shrunk the Kids (HISTA)
The Sword in the Stone
Pirates of the Caribbean
Star Wars (Star Tours, Jedi Training Academy)
Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark
Who Framed Roger Rabbit? (RRCTS)

Edited To Add:

For Fantasmic: :upsidedow

Fantasia (Sorcerer Mickey, Chernabog)
The Jungle Book (Kaa the python)
Walt Disney Treasures: Mickey Mouse in Black and White (Steamboat Willie)

For "The Three Little Pigs" in Storybook Land Canal Boats: :dance3:

Walt Disney Treasures: Silly Symphonies

Have a fun trip! :earsboy:

You should watch Wall E & Bolt, even tho they aren't really in the parks they are still so much fun to watch. :)

I'm a little conflicted on this one because as a kid, the only Disney movie I ever saw that has a ride version in the park was Snow White. I had only seen Mickey Mouse cartoons during the yearly free weekend preview of the Disney Channel (Back when it was still a premium channel like HBO) so pretty much my only Disney Exposure was in DL (I'm pretty sure that I didn't even know Casey Jr. was from Dumbo until I was a teenager at least). I was an adult with kids before I finally saw most of the rest of the films (I actually still haven't seen Pinocchio or Mr. Toad). It never hurt my apreciation of the rides though. I quickly figured out the jist of each ride's story and was content with those abreviated versions (and I still am).

My kids on the other hand. We'll sit through a couple of the movies the week before going as a way to get them excited and to refresh their memories of certain stories. Next year will be my DD's 1st trip and she loves the Disney Princesses so we'll probably watch the princess movies before heading down. My DS is really into Cars and the other Pixar movies so we watch those with him. I think any Disney movie that they like is a good warm up.

I don't know if one way is better than the other. For me, there is still a definete seperation between Disney movies and the Disney Parks and I like it that way. When I see the movies, I'm thinking about the ride version. For my kids, they are probably thinking more about the movie while on the ride.

Need to add: :thumbsup2

Pinocchio (PDJ, Magical fireworks)

Just for fun, here's some 'food for thought': :goodvibes

Tinker Bell (Pixie Hollow, fireworks)
The Muppet Movie (Muppet*Vision 3D)
Tarzan (Tarzan's Treehouse)
The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad (Mr. Toad's Wild Ride)
Honey I Shrunk the Kids (HISTA)
The Sword in the Stone
Pirates of the Caribbean
Star Wars (Star Tours, Jedi Training Academy)
Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark
Who Framed Roger Rabbit? (RRCTS)

Edited To Add:

For Fantasmic: :upsidedow

Fantasia (Sorcerer Mickey, Chernabog)
The Jungle Book (Kaa the python)
Walt Disney Treasures: Mickey Mouse in Black and White (Steamboat Willie)

For "The Three Little Pigs" in Storybook Land Canal Boats: :dance3:

Walt Disney Treasures: Silly Symphonies

Have a fun trip! :earsboy:

I never thought to do it that way...Thanks for the tip!

We useually watch my Disney Treasures Disneyland DvD and my Your Host Walt Disney one. And then what ever else were in the mood for, this last time we watched Mr. Toad.

My sister and I watch alot of the movies and sometimes I can get my DBF to watch, but only when hes in the mood. Sometimes its just lonely old me. :sad1:

The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad (Mr. Toad's Wild Ride) I've never heard of this before....who is this? Disney Character? I'm a little lost....

The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad (Mr. Toad's Wild Ride) I've never heard of this before....who is this? Disney Character? I'm a little lost....

Both Mr. Toad and Ichabod Crane are based off the characters of the same names from, respectively, "The Wind in the Willows" by Kenneth Grahame and "Legend of Sleepy Hallow" by Washington Irvine. Disney did a double feature based on the two stories, titled "The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad", released in 1949.

I'm a little conflicted on this one because as a kid, the only Disney movie I ever saw that has a ride version in the park was Snow White. I had only seen Mickey Mouse cartoons during the yearly free weekend preview of the Disney Channel (Back when it was still a premium channel like HBO) so pretty much my only Disney Exposure was in DL (I'm pretty sure that I didn't even know Casey Jr. was from Dumbo until I was a teenager at least). I was an adult with kids before I finally saw most of the rest of the films (I actually still haven't seen Pinocchio or Mr. Toad). It never hurt my apreciation of the rides though. I quickly figured out the jist of each ride's story and was content with those abreviated versions (and I still am).

YES! I remember the free week of Disney! I also remember my mom furiously recording things on tape that week, haha! Its how I fell in love with the original Parent Trap, watching that old bootlegged tape...*sigh* :)
Sorry to threadjack, but ahh, memories...:goodvibes

on top of all those we also watch the disney planning dvd we got free from the website just to get us excited about the actual park.

I saw this the other day & it's a really great film! I love all the Disney films & this one is no exception. There are some good Disney movies out on DVD & Blu-ray right now. see the list of new Disney movies.

I put Monsters at the top of the must see list. The Monsters ride in DCA has so many details that if you have seen the movie it really adds to the ride. You can pick out so many more funny things. If you haven't seen the movie, much of the ride goes over your head.

My DH (for whatever reason) didn't care that much for Monsters when it first came out. Later he watched it again and really liked it and doesn't know what he was thinking before. Now that ride at DCA is one of his favorites because of all the "jokes" in it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter