What dishes are yummy at POFQ? (Sassagoula)

PinkMagnolia

I love the Haunted Mansion
SO excited about our upcoming trip and our first stay at Port Orleans! :hyper:

I've read the Sassagoula menus from Allears, and have looked at pics on Tripadvisor and Yelp.

I'm wondering what dishes are particularly good (and maybe not so good...) We plan on eating mostly in the parks, but will have a few meals at our resort as well. We will have (free) DP, so cost isn't really an issue.

I really enjoyed the shrimp Po' boy:thumbsup2 Love the resort too!! Jealous that you got free dining there!!:goodvibes

Fried shrimp. You would think that shrimp would be available in more places, but you can get it here and at CHH in MK.

We loved the make your own pasta for lunch/dinner. its a huge portion! You could even split it.

The Muffaletta sandwich is very tasty! I enjoyed it so much I had it the first day and last day of our trip! You will love PoFQ - my favorite resort on property!

We loved the make your own pasta bar-huge portions and you could easily split it if needed

The pizza is awesome. The fried chicken and collard greens are very good.

I really enjoyed the shrimp Po' boy:thumbsup2 Love the resort too!! Jealous that you got free dining there!!:goodvibes

Thanks for the tip! I googled some pics and it does look good! I booked the FD last summer on a BB, and I've been excited for it ever since. Feels like a a lllloooonnnngggg time waiting for this trip! :goodvibes

Fried shrimp. You would think that shrimp would be available in more places, but you can get it here and at CHH in MK.

I'm glad that you liked the shrimp! My boys love fried shrimp!

I have been looking (studying, haha!) at the menus a lot lately, and you may like to know that they also serve a fried shrimp dish at Typhoon Lagoon too.

We loved the make your own pasta bar-huge portions and you could easily split it if needed

We loved the make your own pasta for lunch/dinner. its a huge portion! You could even split it.

So, do you choose what you like from a bunch of sauces and they whip it up?Was there something about a particular sauce or combination that you liked?

The pizza is awesome. The fried chicken and collard greens are very good.

The personal pizzas or the big ones in the cute Mickey box? I haven't tried the personal ones yet. Thanks for the tip about the fried chicken too!

The Muffaletta sandwich is very tasty! I enjoyed it so much I had it the first day and last day of our trip! You will love PoFQ - my favorite resort on property!

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the sandwich. I actually googled it as I had no idea what it was!

I'd been having second thoughts about the resort as boys (2x DS10) were a bit freaked out about the creepy heads in the dining hall, but I'm feeling good about it now. I think anyone who goes go Disney has 2nd thoughts about their resort choice at some point ;)

I'd been having second thoughts about the resort as boys (2x DS10) were a bit freaked out about the creepy heads in the dining hall, but I'm feeling good about it now. I think anyone who goes go Disney has 2nd thoughts about their resort choice at some point ;)

My son didn't like those when he was younger, but being older he doesn't mind it. Beignets take your mind off of many things.

But if they really hate them, you can just walk over to Riverside and eat at their foodcourt instead.

So, do you choose what you like from a bunch of sauces and they whip it up?Was there something about a particular sauce or combination that you liked?

There's two or three sauces to choose from as well as mix-ins such as mushrooms, artichoke hearts, etc.

I loved the Beignets. I walked over from Riverside one night with my 8 yo daughter (We were on a girls only trip) got an order and she and I split it on the walk back to Riverside. It was amazing.

FYI, The Make you Own pasta choice is actually at PO Riverside but it is an easy walk or boat ride over. Also a great use of a QS credit since the portions are huge. I usually get spaghetti with shrimp and broccoli and have them just saute it with butter and garlic and parmesan cheese. A very basic shrimp scampi-like meal. So yummy! They have some different desserts at Riverside than FQ also. I usually get the Magic Bars which is a 7 layer dessert bar that is also so yummy!. As far as FQ goes, must get beignets!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter