What discontinued Disney food/restaurant do u miss most?

Bonfamilles at Port Orleans (French Quarter)

And I wish Ohana was still Papeete Bay Veranda.

I remember a big Christmas dinner show production at the Contemporary - was that at Top of the World? It was cheesy, but I loved it.

Bonfamilles!! Absolutely! That is one of my husband's fondest memories of his first trip. :lovestruc:

Jiko-Tomato & Cucumber salad with the watermelon dressing

FF-Hearts of palm and Avocado salad stack

Not sure this counts but I miss Spoodles and I mean the
old Spoodles' Hitipi Dip - does anyone remember that?

I make Hitipi all the time at home! So simple and tasty.

I haven't been a Disney World visitor long enough to miss much, but breakfast at Boatwright's immediately springs to mind.

Alfredo's in Epcot. While Tutto Italia is pretty decent, I used to love that trio pasta dish that they did at Alfredo's. The Fettucine Alfredo in particular. Absolutely AMAZING.

Annnnnnnd I found an old pic of the delicious Strawberry Swirl.

IMG_5704.jpg

This looks SO good & I would buy in a heartbeat!

Alfredo's in Epcot. While Tutto Italia is pretty decent, I used to love that trio pasta dish that they did at Alfredo's. The Fettucine Alfredo in particular. Absolutely AMAZING.

I agree! Alfredo's was my favorite restaurant in all of WDW. It made me soooooo sad when it went away. I went to the one in NYC last time I was there & had the Alfredo but I missed eating it in Epcot LOL

I have the Fettuccine Alfredo recipe & make it at home now & then :)

Papeete Bay Verandah
Tangaroa Terrace
Fireworks Factory
Bonfamilles
(Davy) Crockett's Tavern
Steerman's Quarters

I miss many that were mentioned.

Top of the World
Papeete Bay Verandah
Tangaroa Terrace
Empress Lilly

Those were all old favorites that disappeared.

Also, I miss the ORIGINAL Chef Mickey's when it was located in The Disney Village (Downtown Disney Marketplace). That place was just great, more intimate and the meatloaf was awesome.

Another favorite was The Magnolia Room at the former Golf Resort. Their fried ice cream was just incredible. I miss that a lot.

Really miss the comfort foods and just good quality food you used to get at Disney. Things have changed since the advent of the DDP, sorry to say. I also get tired of all the frou-frou formal meals they serve now. Maybe they are more continental, or fancy, but I miss when you'd go out to a good restaurant and could just have a good meal. Not all the fancy sauces and weird hard to pronounce ingredients that are arranged on a plate 10 times too big for the amount of food with sauces drizzled all around. Those meals are OK too, but in their right place. Guess I am just old-fashioned.. :)

breakfast at Boatwrights

Specifically their sweet potato pancakes.:love:

But the one I miss the most is the CRT lunch before they had characters. I used to love to eat up there-I always got the same table by the window and always ordered the same thing for lunch-it was a chicken caesar salad.

I loveStitchnippyjon said:
At Pinocchio's in MK, I think they were called Gepetto fries (maybe not!) Fries topped with lettuce, tomatoes, and sour cream. Delicious and filling for 1 snack credit!

The Figaro fries are definitely my most missed CS item! So yummy.

The grilled salmon at Tusker House back when it was QS. My mother adored their fried chicken sandwich.

Amen on the chicken sandwich. That was worth a trip to the Animal Kingdom park. Large, moist and flavorful.

In addition, the Ostrich filet appetizer at Jiko. Mmmmm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter