• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What discontinued Disney food/restaurant do u miss most?

Annnnnnnd I found an old pic of the delicious Strawberry Swirl.

IMG_5704.jpg

Lunch at Garden Grill. I still cannot figure for the life of me what went into that decision. There were always oodles of people wanting to eat there for lunch. We are very rarely in Future World in the evening so it never seems to work out for us to eat there any more.

On the first night of our trip in 1999, my sister and I had dinner at Marrakesh in Epcot. We had the Royal Feast, which was: Moroccan bread with dipping sauce, a plate of mixed salads (like olives, cucumber/tomato, etc.), an appetizer plate with chicken bastilla and seafood bastilla, half a lemon chicken, sliced roast lamb, couscous, and apple crepes for dessert. It was fantastic!!! We did the feast again in 2004, but they had already cut back on and changed some things. Now it looks like they've cut it back even further (chicken or lamb, not both, for one thing). :sad1:

Kungaloosh!:drinking1 Actually, it's not so much the drink that I miss, but the Adventurer's Club itself. It was a one-of-a-kind experience. Sooooo fun.

Papeete Bay Verandah.

Tangaroa Terrace for breakfast.

Concourse steakhouse.

princessallegra said:
Thank you! My parents took me in middle school and we did the character breakfast and I was soooo awkward! We have the pics to prove it. Braces and all. This was in 1994 I believe!

I just remember being a six year old kid and Pluto waking in to the dinning room. I can even as an adult get excited about seeing the characters just makes me feel like a kid.

As for my bring it back would be the village restaurant at DTD I was so sad it was gone when I finally made it back as an adult. Mickey sang and the staff me happy birthday once there :)

SPOODLES! By far one of our favorite restaurants. We were really disappointed when they closed it. Even my daughter misses it...she's almost 8 now, but we went there on her first trip when she was almost 3 and then again when she was almost 4....but then next trip it was gone! I think she even cried!

Also The Empress Liyly! I LOVED that one when I was a little girl! I was disappointed to find out it was gone when I was older and was planning my 1st trip with my daughter! We always had a great time as kids and I still have a pennant I got there!!!!

Concourse Steakhouse, Bonfamilles (best breakfast)
Lemon Chiffon cake at Main St bakery
Sunday Brunch at Top of the World

Monkey Bread Pudding @Rainforest Cafe and Beaver Tails @Epcot!

Coffee Smoothies at MK- They used to have them at the Sunshine Tree in Adventureland, then moved them to Main Street Bakery. Now they have a different kind of smoothie in Tomorrowland, but they are not as good. The original ones were like a coffee milkshake!

Tusker House when it was Counter Service!!!! We used to get a veggie wrap and the corn chowder. YUM!

Seriously? :sad2: I think the brand new thread's doing ok without the help....

Back on topic - I miss the Concourse Steakhouse, King Stephan's Banquet Hall and Wolfgang Puck's Express before the remodel.

ETA - and Sunshine Season's before the remodel; don't care for the place at all now

Papeete Bay Veranda
Tangora Terrace
Top of the World Dinner Show

Ice Cream Social at the Garden Grill
Figaro Fries
Cream cheese mashed potatoes at LeCellier

Bonfamilles at Port Orleans (French Quarter)

And I wish Ohana was still Papeete Bay Veranda.

I remember a big Christmas dinner show production at the Contemporary - was that at Top of the World? It was cheesy, but I loved it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter