What Dining Plan changes are coming in 2011?

MOM POPPINS

<font color=red>I keep getting SOUVENIRS (wink) wh
What dining plan changes are coming in 2011? Will the Counter Service plan still be a pooled? Do DVC members now have to pay for Dining Plan when adding it to the reservation, or can you pay at check in??? :goodvibes

can't help you with the DVC question or the pooled credits question...don't concern me so sorry haven't paid attention to the chatter about those. I suspect you won't get an answer on the pooled-credits question until 2011 users start posting (pooling credits and how they show up on receipts is not addressed in the brochure.)

However, the 2011 brochure is available, and it does show one meal component change: used to be at breakfast you could get 2 beverages (one was in place of "dessert" so for example, breakfast could be entree, coffee & a bottled water or bottled juice.) The 2011 brochure lists breakfast as only an entree and a non-alcoholic beverage...for counter service & table service (or one breakfast buffet if using table service credit)

So they cut out the 2nd beverage, now it's just your entree and drink.

Editted to add: there's also this post from Cheshire Figment...detailing a new KTTW card for kids under 3 (didn't give one before since they didn't need park tickets or get dining plan.) But he's suggesting they are issuing them now to keep track of who does get in park for free and who should not be getting dining plan components, etc. So maybe that's an indication they plan on tracking meal plan usage more closely? here's the link to what CF posted: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2620186

DVC reservations made after October 14 (I think that's the date) have to pay for the DDP when they add it to their reservation.

Yes DVC is pay when DDP is booked (at least 48 hours in advance). Also DVC members can "segment" their stays under 1 reservation number so they do not have to do DDP the same for every day, although so far the implementation has been a real mess (no training for hotel staff or cashiers at CS and TS).

bookwormde

Also, the segments for DDP reservations still appear to be treated as separate reservations which are linked so the party keeps the same room. It appears that as of this time it means you have to check back in for each segment.

Also, the segments for DDP reservations still appear to be treated as separate reservations which are linked so the party keeps the same room. It appears that as of this time it means you have to check back in for each segment.

So, I'm going to WDW from Wed.-Mon. Was going to get DxDP for Thur.-Sat. nights. IIRC, the dining credits should be good through the day on Sunday.
If I have to check in again on Sunday (for Sun. & Mon.) will my meals still be active on my room card from Sat. night? (I'm planning on Sunday dinner at Brown Derby, so I don't want any issues.)

Your meals for the first segment will expire at midnight after you check in for the second segment, like any other split stay.

Besides the price, the only documented change apparent to the dining plans is that the brochure no longer lists availablity of a second beverage at breakfast.

Great information... So I can add the Deluxe plan for only part of our stay? I would love to be able to do that and not change rooms!

Can we also add it for part of our stay and NOT have any dining plan at all for part of it?

Yes, on a DVC reservation, if there is availability at the same resort in the same type room for all the different segments you want to book. Remember you now have to pay for any dining plans as soon as you add them to the reservation.

I am booked at the Boardwalk in the Villa's. When I call to add on Dining.. Do I just tell them I want the Deluxe Dining for 1 night the Sunday and for Monday-Friday... I want the Quick Service Dining. I hope this works.. this will make us all happy. I don't like planning with to many ADR but this way I can get the free to wing it time as well.

:)

A little update on DVC segmented DDP.

It looks like the system is capable of handling this without the need to check in again, by the post below (wdwfan1 is a very reliable poster). It looks like the issue is that both the way it is booked and the way it is set up at check in have to be done "correctly" for it to work.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2612929&page=3
WDWfan1 post #32

I have created a thread on the DVC boards to help figure out the situation.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2619620

bookwormde

The DDP brochure seems to suggest that Table Service credits no longer include an appetizer for adult meals. Is this true?

FOR LUNCH/DINNER
e Appetizer (Guest ages 3-9 only)
e Entrée
e Dessert
e Non-alcoholic beverage
OR
e One (1) full buffet

The website does not have an appetizer listed at all, FWIW. http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/vacation-packages/2011/dining/

Bummer if it's true, but hey, free dining. ;)

There has been no appetizer on the regular DDP plan for sometime now...

Is the appetizer still included on the deluxe plan in 2011?

The DDP brochure seems to suggest that Table Service credits no longer include an appetizer for adult meals. Is this true?

The website does not have an appetizer listed at all, FWIW. http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/vacation-packages/2011/dining/

Bummer if it's true, but hey, free dining. ;)

Appetizers for adults have not been included as a permanent allotment on the regular/basic (these are now the general names for the 1TS, 1 CS, 1 snack per night plan) dining plan since 2008. They are included in the deluxe dining plan at TS only. This also applies to signature restaurants that cost 2 credits (many posters assume that because signature restaurants cost more, the appetizer must be included - not so on the regular plan). It is also never permitted on the regular plan to trade a dessert for an appetizer.

There are a few options where an appetizer is available at an a la carte restaurant on the regular plan (fixed-price, no substitution three course menus at select restaurants; Fantasmic dining package; Candlelight Processional dining package). Children 3-9 retain the appetizer on the regular plan - but they must be appetizers from the children's menu. These are generally small items - a cup of chicken soup, a small salad, or some celery/carrot sticks with dip.

My adobe for some reason is not working to pull up the dinning plan doc. Can someone please tell the cost for adults on the quick service ddp and regular ddp please and thank you?:worship:

2011 DINING PLAN PRICES:
The prices are (for adults age 10 and over, children age 3-9):

Quick service plan: $34.99/night/adult, $11.99/night/child

Regular dining plan, non-peak: $45.99/night/adult, $11.99/night/child
Regular dining plan, peak: $47.99/night/adult, $12.99/night/child

Deluxe dining plan: $78.99/night/adult, $21.99/night/child

Premium package: $169/night/adult, $119/night/child
Platinum package: $229/night/adult, $160/night/child

Wine and dine add-on: $39.99/night

Peak dates:
February 17-26, 2011
March 11 - April 30, 2011
June 3 - August 13, 2011
December 21-31, 2011

detailing a new KTTW card for kids under 3 (didn't give one before since they didn't need park tickets or get dining plan.)

Totally OT but... :) When our youngest DD was not quite 3, the CM at check-in printed her a KTTW card even though she didn't need it. She said something like, "She going to want her own card like everyone else" with a wink & a smile. She was absolutely right. DD wanted to hold her card when going through the turnstile like her big sisters. It was a simple little thing that the CM did that made our DD so happy. One of those little touches that make us love WDW!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter