What DIDN'T you like about POP?

NOISE!!! It was very loud after "bedtime" hours....noise during the day or even early evening is understandable...but at 11:00 or 12:00 at night....I didn't have that problem at Port Orleans-Riverside...and I am hoping that I won't have that at Caribbean Beach

The All Stars are noisy too when there are school groups or teams there. Especially if you are staying in the football building facing the field at AS Sports.

I agree with most of the remarks. We stayed at POP last year for 2 weeks in a preferred room in the 70's. We had a car and the 70's lot seemed like it was a mile away. We used the 90's lot which was directly beside our building.

I would stay there again but would prefer not to. We aren't big fans of the monster sized resorts. We found POP to be super crowded and busy all the time. There was very little shade at the pools and what was there was umbrellas over the tables on the outside of the pool area. Another thing we noticed was that there were an awful lot of rude and obnoxious guests. Which is something we have not experienced at any of the other 4 resorts we have stayed at. I do realize that this can happen anywhere but it was something that both DH and myself noticed and remarked on while there.

I dont know when some of you go to POP but we have been there in July/Aug and the only time we had to wait for any length of time for buses was at park closing. We have never not gotten a table in the food court at all different times....I guess we have been extremely lucky. The kids running around they are on vacation too! They were probably just excited!!

Sorry to those of you who have had bad experiences, I love POP and cant wait to go in July/Aug....:cool1::cool1:

I liked my stay at the POP, it was my first (and likely last) value, I'd rather save for a moderate. That being said, I did like the price, (kinda) strange theming and the CMs. A couple of negatives did stand out:

Very long walk between car parking and room.

Not a biggie, but our room was very dusty and unkempt upon checkin. The rooms seemed very small, but adequate.

Still, not too many negatives!

Thank you to everyone for being so honest! I really appreciate the insight.

My Dh can tend to be a tad impatient, so maybe I will let him lag behind while we try to find a table/bus/etc and he can catch up once we are settled!

Thanks for your honest criticzm. I am hoping that when I return from my very first trip to Pop Century this August, I will have nothing but rave reviews.

We have stayed at the Pop many times...including busy summer months and Christmas week - and we have never had any more issues with buses here than at the WL or the Poly. In fact, at night's end, in the parks, they often had multiple buses at the Pop stop to accommodate the long lines.
We enjoy the Pop and would return in a hearbeat. We do not "hang out" at the resort, nor do we have small children anymore, but we find the Pop to be the most convenient to the parks of the values - less than 10 minutes to Epcot and the Studios - longest trip is MK at 20 minutes. We don't usually eat at the food court - we get breakfast or night snacks and bring them to the room to eat. My preference, especially in the morning. We do that no matter where we stay. THe times we have eaten at the food court, tables were available. It was noisy, but that would be expected.
I am sorry that they removed the frozen coke machine - but no other resort has them either, as far as I know.
We always stay in the 50's. We don't pay for preferred. I found the regular rooms to be only a few steps away from the preferred, so it's not worth the cost difference.
I don't understand the parking issues. When we parked at the Poly or the WL, we parked much farther from our rooms than the lots at the Pop. My only stays at the AS were without a car, so I don't know about the parking there.
Enjoy your stay at the Pop. I always do!

I am staying there in August because of all the positives that I read on here. So, I will be praying for the best for us:)

We stayed one night at POP last year. I really liked it. The only negative thing for me was the walk from our building (80s) to the main building. If I had a refillable mug I would not have been happy.

We only stayed at POP for one night. We liked it well enough - we were checking into our DVC the next day. The only thing we didn't like about POP was the double beds. Dh and I have a King at home. We each took a bed and our niece slept on the floor on an air matress. That was okay - but not the best.

Hated everything about it. Have stayed there twice - due to friends who are poor and unable to afford anything else. Will never stay there again!

Food court was filthy every time - kids running around screaming, food without flavor.

The entire resort looks like a prison - If the doors had bars on them it would look like a brightly colored jail. Big icons to hide staircases - yuck.

Buses were always jammed.

Resort as a whole was very noisy.

I have stayed at every value, every moderate and every deluxe. POP ranks dead last on my list.

I am a fan of POP but in all fairness, nothing is perfect. So my dislikes are as follows:
Spread Out Plan *distance to bus can be tiresome at the end of a night, but we're POFQ junkies where nothing is a far walk.....

No TS Restaurant

That's about it for me!

:thumbsup2
Just general information ;) Pop Century is the most compact of the four Value resorts; and foodcourt-only is one of the differences between Value resorts and the more costly Moderates.

Just like CarolB we are going w/out kids this trip and pretty much plan to use the resort just to sleep. Only 1 morning we don't have a breakfast ADR somewhere and plan to either eat something in the room or get up very early, get ready, then go to the food court and grab some breakfast and then walk to the buses right after wards.

Don't plan to come back mid-day for anything, so main issue for me looks like leaving the parks at night.

here's some pixiedust: all of us staying at POP during FD

Hated everything about it. Have stayed there twice - due to friends who are poor and unable to afford anything else.

How rude to say that.... many people who are far from poor ( myself included) choose to stay at a value for many reasons beyond income.

Anyway... we like POP the most out of the values and mods.... we have always found the food court has lots of choices... I would say the worst thing we have found is the buses. They are usually crowded and you often have to wait for several to come and go before you get one if you are leaving a park at night. For this reason we usually rent a car if we stay POP.
We have stayed here several times and our room has always been clean and the staff has been helpful....

We've stayed at POP twice and enjoyed it both times. We love all of the noise and activity there because we have kids and don't want to worry when they make a little noise. We don't let them run wild, and we have seen children without supervision, but we've seen the same thing when we stay at POR. I guess it doesn't really bother us as much as others to see kids running wild. One year we had kids running past our room at POP late at night and I woke up, but it wasn't enough to keep me from falling back to sleep.

The food court can be hectic but we knew that going in so we weren't surprised. DH and the younger kids find a table and my older DD comes to help me order/carry food. The available seating at the food court should be a little larger to alleviate congestion.

My only complaint is that the restroom right next to the gameroom in the lobby was disgusting any time of the day we had to use it. So much so that we either went back to our room or waited until we got to the park.

We definitely would not hesitate to stay there again. In fact we were considering POR for our next trip but our DDs talked us into POP again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter