What did you wish you had packed?

We just brought our refillable mugs from the Disney resort we stayed at before the cruise and they worked great!

An extension cord. There were not enough outlets now that the cell phones need to be charged. My refrigerator did not fit in the cabinet so it was underneath the desk and used that outlet.

I took a wide white photo mat with an 8X10 cutout. Left it at the front desk and all the characters signed it. Brought an 8x10 photo of us on the cruise and now we have a wonderful reminder of the trip.

Next cruise August 2011

LOVE that idea!!!!

:woohoo:I have been on other cruises ( not Disney) and was never allowed to bring my own alcohol. Does Disney allow that or were you lucky enough to sneek it in? Thanks for all the tips!

For a person getting ready to book their first cruise this was the best Thread I have looked at yet!! I know have a file of cruise info going and a what to pack list. I guess it is time to book a cruise now!!
Thanks - I will check back often to see if any new ideas have come up!

:woohoo:I have been on other cruises ( not Disney) and was never allowed to bring my own alcohol. Does Disney allow that or were you lucky enough to sneek it in? Thanks for all the tips!

Yes, Disney allows you to bring on alcohol. But it must be CARRIED on with you, not in your checked luggage. You cannot place it inside your checked luggage, as if it is broken it will ruin other cruisers luggage as well. And remember you will have to shlep the alcohol carry-on around with you until your cabin is ready. We are excited to bring our own "adult bevvies" on board, as well! :woohoo:

We stopped at the publix near the ship and got four bottles of wine and a case of water. we selected the water that was most securely shrink wrapped and bought one of those four bottle bags for the wine. We carried the bag o wine with us, and slapped stateroom luggage tags on the water and it was delivered to the room.

we were soooo glad we did. We did not drink much of the wine,but over all spent only $35 or so, as opposed to $84 for the smallest (3 bottles) package of wine on board. and we really loved having the bottled water. By far the two best things we brought.

I got a collapsible duffle bag at wal-mart. It is 10 in. and collapses to about 1 in wide. This always stays in the front pocket of my suitcase to bring home any souvenirs that will not fit in my regular suitcase. This has saved me quite a few times and I can check it on the plane if needed.

If we are taking the transfer shuttle from the airport to terminal, are we out of luck for bringing alcohol?

I would suggest asking someone on your meet thread that is driving or using a lime if they would be willing to stop and buy for you...

Here's the one that everyone is missing

What I wish I had packed ......

A ticket for the next cruise (back to back) as I did not want to get off the ship!!!!

Did that and STILL DIDNT want to get off... :rotfl2:

I have cruised before but my mom brought all this stuff! Now that I am a big girl I have to be the one with the bag full of EVERYTHING? I love the tips but worry I now have to get a bigger bag.

On the plus side, I have learned that I don't have to buy an entirely new wardrobe (just 1/2 of one).

One thing I didn't see listed was drink crystals. I don't mind tap water if I can flavour it. A box or two of Crystal light helped (but bring a couple varieties as I can no longer drink Tangerine-Grapefruit because of an overkill on this trip).

Question: We are flying in and taking a transfer to the Port....is there somewhere close to stop for baby food, wine, snacks to take on the ship? We are flying in from Canada and don't think I can bring jars of baby food unless I check them (how do you check baby food?)

How do you check baby food?

On the one trip we did with diapers and baby food, we packed up both (and the swim diapers) into a diaper box, which we taped up. We put our names and DD's cell phone number on it just in case and checked it like luggage. We were going to Mexico from the US, so I'm pretty sure you can do the same thing from Canada to the US.

It meant that we didn't have to have diapers and baby food in the suitcase, which meant more clothes for everyone. At that time, I had two babies in diapers, so I needed a lot of diapers for a week's vacation. At the end of the week, I simply left the not-quite-empty box of diapers in the room and left the baby food in the room fridge.

Yes, this wasn't on a cruise, but I was flying and it's nearly the same thing.

(how do you check baby food?)

I don't have any children, so by no means am I an expert. But I did find a link earlier that actually is supported by DCL that can deliver these to your staterooms.

www dot babiestravellite dot com/?AFFIL=DCL

(yikes, apologies on the dots....you know what I mean, dang boards!)

Hope it's helpful, I've no clue on pricing and how it compares to normal food/diapers etc.

DB - Jen :bride:
DG - Derrick :groom:

I have cruised before but my mom brought all this stuff! Now that I am a big girl I have to be the one with the bag full of EVERYTHING? I love the tips but worry I now have to get a bigger bag.

Question: We are flying in and taking a transfer to the Port....is there somewhere close to stop for baby food, wine, snacks to take on the ship? We are flying in from Canada and don't think I can bring jars of baby food unless I check them (how do you check baby food?)

Disney has a contract with a baby company that you can order items and have them deliver items right to your cabin (Diapers/Swim Diapers/food/snacks) Go to this site and it will re-direct you to their site.
http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/leaving/?destination=BabiesTravelLite

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter