What did you spend your disney gift card on?

janeyb

Mouseketeer
Ive just been getting everything together for our trip this weekend and remembered that I have a $200 free gift card included. What a lovely surprise! The trip was booked almost two years ago and postponed so I had forgotten all about it!

It got me thinking - How do others spend their gift cards?

It's my eldest DD's birthday a few days after we return and she has asked to go to T-Rex again as her treat. Does anyone know if they accept them? I know they are part of the Landrys group but we have gone there previously on DDP so I'm hoping it will be ok.

From what I remember, I Exchange the voucher for the gift card inside The World of Disney in Jewellery section. Is this correct it have I got it totally wrong?!

You can use a Disney GC inside T-Rex. Do you have a voucher to claim your giftcard?

Sorry, I meant to thank you for T-Rex info! Thank you for replying so quickly.

Just to add if you join landry's club with your daughter's birthday you will get $25 free credited to the account to spend at T rex for her birthday.

We charge to the room via magicbands for food/merch etc and then use the gift card towards the balance at check out.

It cost us $25 to join and we got $25 off our next purchase.

the $25 off your next purchase are the $25 you pay to join

you get an additional $25 on the first of the month of your birthday (valid until the 15th of the next month)

so if you enter a birthday for the month of your stay, you pay $25 and have $50 to spend.

---

re: $200 gift card.
we had one ($100) on our last trip.
we exited world of disney and entered LittleMissMatched for DW.
when we were out, she handed me the GC and told me "there are $2.98 left on it, spend them wisely"... I was like :rolleyes1

Thanks everyone.

Chmurf - that made me really laugh as my middle daughter has already decided that's where she's spending all of her money, or rather my gift card if she reads this!!!

We will be using it for tips at restaurants too! Will just charge the tips to the rooms if possible then use the gift cards to pay off the balance.

Last year we had $100 and I got a hooded zip up jumper and a rucksack and some other bits. :)

Next year we will use our $200 towards doing a couple of TS meals out of pocket :)

We used ours to pay most of the tips. I just filled in the tip amount on the gratuity line and gave over the gift card for payment. My travel agent sent actual gift cards rather than a voucher to collect out there.

DD scored by getting the gift cards to boost her spending money. She was then responsible for managing her own spending money. It worked out very nicely.

Nothing it's still in my purse and came home with us :blush:

It will now pay for CM breakfast in December and I may add the breakfast at GG :goodvibes

We used ours in a D&B handbag, which is still getting me brownie points from the wife and friends! Cheers Disney! Lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter