• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What did you never get to experience growing up?

Going on vacations. My parents never went anywhere. My first vacation was my honeymoon at WDW in 1981 when I was 19.

Same here, Lynn. At least 2 healthy ones. How blessed I was though ti have my dad and grandparents.

I wish as a kid I had gotten to experience growing up as part of a church family.

My dad passed away when I was 9. I never knew my Grandparents, 3 had passed away before I was born. And as much as I wish that were different, I had no control of that, and those are life events that made me who I am today

Sleep away camp. Our family just never believed in it or had the money to send us. Travel by air.....took my first flight when I was about 18.

Last edited:

My dad was a bit of a hippy. So we tented on vacation. I don't think I stayed in a hotel until I was around 12/13. And that was the ultimate heaven. A bathroom!! a shower! food that wasn't cooked over a campfire.... As an adult, I refuse to tent. That's why we bought an rv. :)

We were there in October. I remember seeing the cranes working on Spaceship Earth.
We were there in February and remember that as well. we didn’t go back until 2001 and told our son that it was only MK when we were last there. He was quite surprised.

I only ever knew one grandparent. It would have been nice to have known the other 3 growing up.

We didn't vacation either. One trip to WDW when I was young and a couple trips over the years elsewhere. I go on more trips now in one year then my entire childhood. As a child of the 80's though I don't think it was common (at least not where I grew up) where people traveled like they do now.

What did you never get to experience growing up?​

Until the age of 22, kissing a girl/woman other than the obligatory *family hello/goodbye peck. Total introvert goof, never had a *girl friend or acquaintance* but that ended when a person I met in 1st Grade and went all through school with happened to stop at the gas station I was working at for a tank fill-up and my life and hers did a 180° turn.

This month makes it 51 years since that meet-up at the station and in June is our 50th Anniversary. STILL the only one I've kissed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter