What did you like or dislike about your non-traditional wedding?

Dizzy627

Earning My Ears
I have been a lurker on this board for months and I love reading everyone else's threads. They answer so many questions I never knew I had!:rotfl2: I would love to have a wedding at WDW (Wedding Pavilion) and I am trying to figure out how to make it happen. Originally when I thought about my wedding I always pictured an afternoon/evening ceremony followed by dinner reception and dance. At this point I am starting to consider some other options to save money and was wondering what other people liked or disliked about their NON-traditional wedding. Was there anything you felt you missed out on afterwards? Was there anything that you were thrilled you were able to have as a result?

With our morning wedding and brunch reception, the only thing I missed out on was sleep! :rotfl: But it was totally worth it. The thing I was thrilled to be able to have was a fabulous in-park ceremony.

I never imagined having a traditional ballroom wedding with a DJ and dancing, though, so it wasn't a lot to wrap my head around.

The only thing I worried about briefly was the break between brunch and our dessert party, but it turned out to be one of my favorite parts of the day. Our guests got to relax or go to the parks, and DH and I got to spend time together talking about our wedding and swapping stories, plus we took a nap!

I had my ceremony in the WP, reception in the Boardwalk Ballroom and a dessert party afterwards. I didn't want a ballroom but that's a whole other story!

I never really had a vision of what I thought my wedding day was going to be like but I still had some traditional aspects with the ceremony and "ballroom" reception but we added lots of Disney touches to make it unique and the dessert party was the best decision ever!

I had my ceremony in the WP, reception in the Boardwalk Ballroom and a dessert party afterwards. I didn't want a ballroom but that's a whole other story!

I never really had a vision of what I thought my wedding day was going to be like but I still had some traditional aspects with the ceremony and "ballroom" reception but we added lots of Disney touches to make it unique and the dessert party was the best decision ever!

I too am anti-ballroom, but may have no choice (other than to not do it at WDW). What did you do, in terms of decorating?

I too am anti-ballroom, but may have no choice (other than to not do it at WDW). What did you do, in terms of decorating?

I liked my non-traditional wedding. Doing the chicken dance in a banquet hall is not for me. I also think the dessert party was a once in a lifetime thing and something no one will ever forget. I challenge my sisters to top my wedding ;) :thumbsup2

Thanks for your responses everyone! If you had an brunch or lunch reception did you also have dancing. Did your guests actually dance or was it really just backgroud music?

We did first dances with each other and our parents but no other dancing. I made iPod playlists of music to play in the background. :thumbsup2

We were married this past November. Our reception was at Atlantic Dance Hall. We had 50 guests at our wedding. Our prereception was from 10:00am to 11:00am and our reception was from 11:00 to 3:00. We had a brunch menu. We had a DJ (DJ Scooter) and we had everyone up dancing except when they were eating. I think everyone danced throuigh most of the reception. We wanted alot of dancing and we really had it. We wanted everyone to have fun and make it a big party and it really was. I will also say that we are an over 40 year old couple so most of the people at our reception were over 40 (except for four people) and everyone was up all day.

Linda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter