• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What DID you like about POP???

I feel like the have been a lot of threads focusing on the negatives on... EVERYTHING! Not something I like going around hearing, it's a total bummer.

So like my anti-Animal Kingdom bashingg thread, I want to start an anti-Pop bashing thread.

What do you like about Pop Century?

Me:

1. I don't think the bus system gets any better than at Pop. At every other resort, you have to potentially make more than one stop, either internally in the resort itself or to a different resort. Pop is the ONLY resort where it's point A to point B.

2. I like the oversized icons... especially the fooseball table.

3. The food court has something for everyone, it's wonderful and very big. Is it crowded at times?... duh, but what counter service that is good, isn't busy at dinner time?

4. I think it's a really fun resort to walk around in, very visually stimulating. And walking along hourglass lake, finding the year you were born and doing a little reading :thumbsup2.

I love Pop!

1) The food court -- as crowded as it could get, it had a great selection

2) The gift shop -- it was huge and had a little of everything

3) The walking/jogging trail -- I loved walking around and looking at the Lake

4) The decor (somewhat) -- my son loved the big big wheel and playdoh, etc. -- I thought it was nice if not a bit cheesy

5) Just staying in Disney for so cheap -- Yeah, it wasn't a deluxe or even a moderate but it was a great place to go if you don't have too high of expectations and you want the full Disney experience on a smaller budget! :cheer2:

My likes:

1. Tie Dye Cheesecake!!
2. The goofy water area - DD would spend the day there if she could.
3. the room I had overlooking the lake (& hope to get again this trip)...so nice to wake up to that!

I love POP. It's not w/out faults, but what resort is?

The pool areas are cute, and the pools around the far perimeters are usually empty during the day.

Also, the price is right.

The pool areas are cute, and the pools around the far perimeters are usually empty during the day.

Also, the price is right.

1. The choices of food at the food court.
2. The oversize icons
3. The proximity of my room, on my last few visits, to the bus system. Also the fact that it has it's own bus and ONE stop.
4. If we choose to drive while we are staying on property, everything seems just a couple of minutes away. Except TTC of course.

I'm sorry, I started the what didn't you like thread. I was just trying to get a feel for everyone's dislikes so I knew what to expect and to not be disappointed. I am expecting a GREAT trip and I am SURE POP will meet or beat our expectations.

Although I haven't stayed yet I liked the idea of some things PP have mentioned.

I love that the bus services only one resort. We stayed at ASMo and had to stand EVERY SINGLE TIME we took the bus. EVERY TIME. And that was AFTER waiting for a bus that even had standing room. Also the movie resort is the LAST stop for those buses so it stunk!

We like the oversized icons. We loved them at Movies and I am sure will love them at POP.

We like that there is a CS food court. We want quick and easy at the resort. Our TS are mainly used for character dining and dinner shows. We don't need, nor would we use a TS.

We love Pop so much - we've stayed in DVC resorts and deluxe resorts, and we still love going back to Pop every year! It's a great "family" resort, very kid-friendly. We love the food court - great selection and good food. And I definitely second the tie-dye cheesecake! The walk around the lake is really nice and I also love reading all of the fun facts everywhere! We also think the bus systerm is best at Pop - even though you'll have to wait in long lines if you stay till close at MK! Overall, I think Pop is such a great "value" for your money - you get to stay on Disney property and enjoy all the perks of the resorts and it doesn't cost a lot of money!

I thought it was neat to look across the lake at the ghostly unfinished phase 2 of Pop Century. I wanted to try and sneak over there but I figured daddy shouldn't get arrested at the happiest place in the world.:laughing:

We loved walking around and reading all the signs with the facts on them. We also got really excited when we arrived there our first night to see all the lights on the bowling pins and other structures all lit up.

The price, the food court and shopping area, the theming. We're not value resort people (yes, I'm a snob ;)) but I'd stay at Pop again in a heartbeat if budget demands it. It's tied for my second favorite resort!

We like:

1. How playful the resort is, we are really happy with all the themes

2. Variety in the food court

3. Hippy Dippy Pool is large and really quirky

4. Get a room facing the lake 70's or 80's - top floor very quiet

5. Love the signs going into the resort ....color tv.....air conditioning...dont miss the magic kingdom...ect

6. Price, esp. with a PIN code

ok...I'll admit it.

I have stayed at a number of Disney properties. I am a DVC member. But I still have a fondness for the quirky POP.

We have only stayed there once, but are going back in November.

The food court had something for everyone, and was pretty tasty!

My son loved the arcade. Raved about it, and still does. LOL

The gift shop was great!

I loved seeing all the giant icons and little pieces of the past wherever we went. Some of the things I saw shot me right back to being a kid again.

We found the bus system to be just fine to and from there.

I love that we save a ton of $ staying there....get all the bonuses of staying on site, and can spend the $ we've saved on other fun stuff!

We had an amazing Mousekeeper, Elizabeth! Pool bar was great. Classic Hall shadow boxes were interesting. Arcade had lots of fun games. And all for a reasonable price.:banana:

I'm sorry, I started the what didn't you like thread. I was just trying to get a feel for everyone's dislikes so I knew what to expect and to not be disappointed. I am expecting a GREAT trip and I am SURE POP will meet or beat our expectations.

Although I haven't stayed yet I liked the idea of some things PP have mentioned.

I love that the bus services only one resort. We stayed at ASMo and had to stand EVERY SINGLE TIME we took the bus. EVERY TIME. And that was AFTER waiting for a bus that even had standing room. Also the movie resort is the LAST stop for those buses so it stunk!

We like the oversized icons. We loved them at Movies and I am sure will love them at POP.

We like that there is a CS food court. We want quick and easy at the resort. Our TS are mainly used for character dining and dinner shows. We don't need, nor would we use a TS.

You have no reason to apologize, most of us understand exactly what you were trying to do. I personally love that there is a value resort with a ake/firework view. I love it that the rates are low enough that I can extend my vacation at Disney a couple of more days, I love the bus service............I love everything about POP!:dance3:

I may be one of the few people to ever say this, but we loved how quiet our room was at POP. We stayed in a corner room on the 3rd floor of Building 10 (70s). We felt like we had the 8-track stairway all to ourselves since we never ran into anyone else using it. We weren't aware that anyone else was even staying near us since we never saw or heard anyone. We loved it! And this was a busy time of year - December 15 - 25. The parks were packed yet we felt like we had our own little corner of Pop to ourselves.

We also liked the food court, even though it was crowded at times. Once we got our food and found a place to sit, we were all happy. I shopped at the gift shop several times and liked that I could leave my husband and kids to finish eating while I could get up and browse.

1) I love the oldies music they play while waiting at the bus stop.
2) Helps me bond with my dad because of all the huge icons, it's really cool how he was telling me about his childhood and all the games he played.
3) I love all the different decades, the 50s are my favorite :thumbsup2
4) The extreme proximity of the gift store and the food court
5) IMO, the rooms aren't very far away from the buses, food court, etc.
6) Hard to believe, but I never have a problem with noises through the wall, lol.

The Pop, to me, is my 2nd favorite (The first being POR, might change, staying at Poly in Sept) I love the cute icons and the nostalgia of everything. I love the very laid back and fun atmosphere. Pop, to me, screams Disney. :goodvibes

Our room at Pop was super quiet, too. We were on the top floor, back corner of the 50s. Only heard another family go by once. The food court was crowded at breakfast, but we're not big breakfast eaters. We had lots of granola bars in our room to snack on. We usually swung through there to fill our cups in the morning on the way to the buses. We never waited more than 20-30 minutes for a bus in the morning or at night. Once, we even got to ride in a Dis Cruise Line bus to MK. Now that was a sweet ride!:cutie:

My kids loved the icons, the pools, the grounds. The only time I remember fussing about the walk to the rooms was after MNSSHP. It was after midnight, my DH was pushing our 4yo in the stroller and I was carrying our 2 yo in a Mei Tai on my front. I carried her from the Castle to the bus, on the bus, all the way to our room. By the time we got to the bowling pin pool, I was on auto pilot anyway. :scared: But isn't there some statistic about how many miles per day the average person walks at Disney? What's another .5 mile? :scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter