• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What did you hate as a child but love now

Cheese! Until the age of 19 (after studying abroad in Europe) I would ONLY eat cheese if it was on pizza or on top of pasta! Now I love many types of cheese!

Broccoli rabe (rapini). It was way too bitter for a kid, but I like it now.

Other vegetables too. My mother usually only served disgusting canned veggies.

My parents boiled all vegetables to death and I didn't even know you could eat raw vegetables as a kid.
Now I love veggies!
Same here...just wondering if your parent(s) are/were Scottish? I can't say I didn't 'like' vegetables as a kid but yeah, once I realised there was 'another way' to eat them besides boiled beyond all recognition, I was much more of a fan. I still don't cook most veg.

Same here...just wondering if your parent(s) are/were Scottish? I can't say I didn't 'like' vegetables as a kid but yeah, once I realised there was 'another way' to eat them besides boiled beyond all recognition, I was much more of a fan. I still don't cook most veg.
My parents were Irish/British and our vegetables consisted of potato, carrot and turnip. I don't think I tasted a green vegetable til I was a teen.

My first thought was naps but someone beat my to it haha. I remember lying awake for what seemed like hours upon hours at daycare waiting for nap time to be over. It was torturous having to lie still but not sleep. Now if someone brought me a mat, turned out the lights, but some soothing music on, and told me the next hour was mine to sleep I'd think I'd won the lottery!

Onion rings. Hated them as a kid - why would anyone hide an icky slimy onion inside a delicious fried coating? Seemed like someone's idea of a cruel trick to me. Now I love them.

Also, solving arithmatic problems. Math used to make me cry when I was a kid. Now I try to convince kids math can be fun. :)

Onions, burgers, spicy food, sushi (never had it as a kid but I know I wouldn't have liked it), coffee, coconut, coleslaw...I was a very picky eater and that's why I was blessed with 2 picky eater DDs (mom always wished I'd have 2 just like me).

My dad is Scottish & always liked his veggies a little on the crisp side. My wife (German descent) boils them to death :(

:hyper:
Mine is from my elementary school years. History!! hated it, thought it was boring as all get out. now I love it, lol maybe because I live in Philly.
Wooo baby, the American Revolution is big here.

Me too! Hated history as a kid, now I absolutely love it. Philly is on my to do list!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter