• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What did you get with 2014 Military Discount?

OurBigTrip

DIS Veteran
I saw a thread for 2013, but not one yet for 2014...anyone?

Resort
Room type/view
Dates
How many rooms?

For us:
Contemporary
Theme Park View
29 Jul - 8 Aug 2014
3 rooms

I saw a thread for 2013, but not one yet for 2014...anyone?

Resort
Room type/view
Dates
How many rooms?

For us:
Contemporary
Theme Park View
29 Jul - 8 Aug 2014
3 rooms

Grand Floridian - Sugar Loaf Club Level :wizard:
8/16/14 - 8/25/14

1 room

:banana:

We're trying to get a villa at BLT, but will be happy with AKV Kidani...just got 3 nights with 40% off, so we're on our way!!

:goodvibes

I am a chronic resort changer and have been booked since the 2014 military discount came out. I have been booked at CR Garden Wing, GF Sugarloaf, AKL CL, and back to GF Sugarloaf again...:rotfl:

I really want to stay at the Poly, however, I will not do so with construction, so I feel (at least on paper) that GF is the next best thing for my family....::yes::

Stay tuned to see if it sticks....:laughing:

I know what you mean...we started out with AKL Savanna view with AAA, then changed to CR TPV with the military discount, but we really want a 2BR villa.

Checked on BLT tonight (our first choice) and although 2BR TPV are available for part of our stay, the military discount isn't available. So, I booked 2BR AKV Kidani Savanna view for three nights, and I'll keep working to get the rest.

I still have CR rooms, so we'll have someplace to stay for sure!

are there any rooms for the military rate that hold 7 people?

Some of the villas hold 8. You would just have to call and check availability. I bet they are pretty expensive though. You might want to check into renting points too, to see what the better deal is. :goodvibes

Thanks- I've looked into points a few times, but it's always so crazy expensive, plus the Magic Express saves us several hundred too. I thought maybe getting a little fancier of a room this time with the mil rate might be nice- but probably wayyy out of our price range :)

Thanks- I've looked into points a few times, but it's always so crazy expensive, plus the Magic Express saves us several hundred too. I thought maybe getting a little fancier of a room this time with the mil rate might be nice- but probably wayyy out of our price range :)

I've personally never been able to find a points rental that beat the military discount, but I think that's a function of when we go and how long we stay. To me, the loss of daily housekeeping is enough to keep me away from renting points, but again, that's just personal preference.

Could you give me an idea how much you spent (total) with the military rate? Is it 40% off rack rate? Is there a minimum stay to get the military discount?

Sorry if this has been asked before.

Could you give me an idea how much you spent (total) with the military rate? Is it 40% off rack rate? Is there a minimum stay to get the military discount?

Sorry if this has been asked before.

It's 40% off rack rate, and I don't know if there is a minimum stay or not.

I did get the rest of my nights at AKV Kidani, so now it's just a matter of trying to see if BLT 2BR TPV ever becomes available with the discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter