• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What did you get Mom and Dad for Christmas?

If your going to buy someone a chicken statue you should make sure they like it first.

This is one of the best pieces of holiday advice I've received! Thank you so much. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

My mom has been talking for months about going to China so we went with a China theme gift basket -- we got her a big coffee table book about China, a Mandarin phrase book (with CD so you can hear the words), a pair of earring and a matching broach with the character for "good fortune" on it, and teapot in the shape of a swan (she collects bird things, especially water birds). DS8 painted a bowl for her with a special hole for inserting chopsticks.

This weekend we took her to a Christmas concert and she commented that she's changed her mind and is going to Germany instead. :rolleyes:

Luxury hamper from Fortnum & Masons.

No, not the £20,000 one :scared1:

Rich::

Well, my folks said they have everything they need.

So in their honor I got them Honeybees from www.heifer.org

Basically, you "buy" an animal for someone in poverty around the world. Heifer International supplies a needy family with the means (animals) to get out of poverty, the family in turn gives some offspring to their neighbors, and the cycle continues. I'm doing a horrible job describing it, you really need to check out the site to get an idea of what they do.

My Dad is a retired Entomologist and my name means honeybee, so that is the "animal" we chose.

If your going to buy someone a chicken statue you should make sure they like it first.

Oh Tag Fairy...!:rolleyes1

I got my mom some bath salts, her favorite kind of socks, a camping lantern, and an ornament.

I got my dad a subscription to the Steeler Digest and a book he's been wanting.

My dad has a neighborhood bar that he likes to go and watch the football games. They don't sell gift certificates, so we go in and pay a tab, take the receipt and put it in a card.

mom: books, mug, tea bags, CDs, DVDs

dad: books, mug, CDs, DVDs

for both of them: calendar, tree ornament, picture frame, DVD player

We got my inlaws a Wii and my mother (who is 80 and has everything) jewelry and dinner out.

We are getting Mom and Dad a new TV. They will be surprised and thrilled! Also got them each a book and some other small things to unwrap.

Katy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter