What did you forget to Pack

Warm clothes!!!! We are here now and it's FREEZING!

Sandwich bags.

My boyfriend and I are kind of cheap, being in college and all, so we packed lunches every day at the parks. We had PB&J sandwiches, but forgot sandwich bags! We ended up having one ziploc bag that held my toothbrush, so we ended up stuffing both our sandwiches in it the whole trip, it was awful!

Smartest thing we did pack, besides the collapsible hamper, was a power strip! We had so much stuff to plug in and recharge every night, there never would've been enough outlets in the room without it. DH thought I was nuts for insisting on bringing both items until he realized how much we used both.

We do this too, in fact this year we may need to bring 2 strips (3 cell phones, 2 cameras, 2 laptops, Video camera, 2 Nintendo DS's, white noise machine/alarm clock):eek:. The older the kids get the move electronics we seem to bring along. One tip that DH did the last few trips was the night before the trip he set up the power strip and plugged everything in. That way he made sure all was charged and all the items had their chargers. Then in the morning he rolled the strip up with all the chargers still plugged in, and put it in a plastic bag. At night all we have to do is attach the items to the strip.....and best of all no forgotten chargers.

I have a label maker and I made a label for each charger that way it makes matching the charger to the camera, Video camera, cell phones, etc. simple

Renuzit adjustable solid air freshner

I also sent one with ds for his class trip. He shared the room with 3 other guys. He said I received, wow, thanks your mom is awesome compliments about that one!

4 boys and one bathroom, enough said.

I dont think the bathrooms have good ventilation.

One tip that DH did the last few trips was the night before the trip he set up the power strip and plugged everything in. That way he made sure all was charged and all the items had their chargers. Then in the morning he rolled the strip up with all the chargers still plugged in, and put it in a plastic bag. At night all we have to do is attach the items to the strip.....and best of all no forgotten chargers.

I have a label maker and I made a label for each charger that way it makes matching the charger to the camera, Video camera, cell phones, etc. simple

Oh, this is fantastic! I'm also one of those people who uses a customized ultimate packing list. I rarely forget anything, but I love finding time- and sanity-savers like this!

I'll also second (third/fourth/fifth?) the moleskin, especially precutting some small and larger rounds and strips BEFORE you leave (but don't cut it all up - you may need custom pieces later). Last trip I spent about 45 minutes one morning doing this - losing valuable park time! (Only about 15 minutes in total, but still!)

I also have a detailed park-bag list, itemizing what goes where - tickets and debit card in a sleeve clipped to my belt loop; $ and chapstick in pocket; sunglasses and hat on head; tissues, jackets, snacks, water, etc. in my bag; cameras, sunscreen, etc. in dh's bag. Seems nitpicky, but one day I walked out the door without my sunglasses - doh! Another time I forgot my chapstick and got sunburned lips. I try to keep all park bags packed and ready to go at any time. And I refer to this list EVERY TIME WE LEAVE THE HOTEL ROOM. 10 seconds is worth it!

My in-laws paid for the whole family(5 kids and all their kids) to stay at AKL and paid for the tickets as long as I planned everything and got the tickets. This was quite some time ago and I bought everyones park passes at the dinsey store. I spent the whole time planning and doling out advice about what to pack and what to expect, in general being a know-it-all. Well, we checked in first and went to get settled in our room. I have to unpack as soon as I get to the hotel. Could not find the tickets any where, I had left them at home!!! My wonderful husband spent the afternoon at guest relations and re bought the tickets and got it set up so we could return the other tickets when we got home...something I thought was not possible. That was a very humbling experience....

Make a list of things you might need and head to the dollar tree. That's where i got the pop up hamper :thumbsup2 Best place to get tums,ibuprofen,glow sticks for the kids. Don't forget throwaway cups,plates too. No sense wasting a ton of money on those things when u can waste it on disney things. :rotfl:

Last trip, DH forgot his deodorant.

Good thing that Secret is strong enough for a man...although he wasn't too crazy about the baby powder scent. :laughing:

I forgot to pack my underwear on one trip. Good thing I had two pairs in my overnight bag or I would have been in deep kaka. :headache:

I've tried packing lists in the past but have always managed to lose them. So now I just pack ahead of time - easy to do since we live in Michigan - and then I just need to remember to pack incidentals before we leave.

On our first night last week, my husband realized he had forgotten to bring pajama pants or shorts. Since we share a studio villa with our daughter, he does wear PJ's on vacation. Off to the gift shop to buy a very expensive pair of Mickey Mouse boxer shorts!

The next morning when he was getting dressed, he realized he had forgotten to pack socks! He is now the owner of some very expensive WDW socks.

Funny you should mention this. We were there in October. We took small jackets with us, just in case the nights got a little cool. Well our last night at MK, it did get a little cool. Some how, DW conveniently forgot her jacket back at the room. We own a timeshare offsite so there was no going back to get it. So we had 2 choices leave for the day or go buy DW something to wear to keep her warm. This was our only night planned to see Wishes and the Electric Light Parade. So guess who's the proud owner of a new hoodie sweat jacket from MK? Now I know the trick to getting these type of souvenirs. :laughing: I can't complain though, she did spoil me to while we were there; and this has now become her favorite jacket to wear. So money well spent.

All of our phone (5 of them) all use the same charger so I thought well just one charger is enough so I didn't waste space packing all of them except guess what happened to that one charger....YEP it broke and all of our phones died until we could get to the store and buy another one.

I haven't forgotten to take anything but have made a silly mistake with what I did. I saw a well known brand of toothpaste in a cute little mini pump dispenser which I thought would be great for our trip. Only thing I never thought of was to check that we were okay with the flavor first as it was a 'new' one.

Well we werent and we had arrived in the evening after a 9 hour flight plus a connecting flight and had still taken ourselves to DTD (I know, martyrs :rotfl:) So when we finally got back to our room ready to collapse into bed we discovered that the toothpaste I had brought was absolutely :sick: Who would have thought?!?! So not in the mood to get dressed again, I dragged my DD along with me to the gift shop in the resort, in our PJ's to buy toothpaste, literally minutes before they closed. I was too tired to care at the time but did remember to be embarassed the next day :lmao:

I forgot to pack my underwear on one trip. Good thing I had two pairs in my overnight bag or I would have been in deep kaka. :headache:

I've tried packing lists in the past but have always managed to lose them. So now I just pack ahead of time - easy to do since we live in Michigan - and then I just need to remember to pack incidentals before we leave.

I couldn't stop laughing at this :rotfl2: And I am also one to pack the night before. I keep a list on my laptop so I can't lose it ;)

Our first trip was this last May and I spent 9 months planning. I had lists and more lists, including the ultimate packing list. We forgot our glow sticks, which wasn't that big of a deal. The really bad thing was that we forgot the kids' gift cards!! They each had a card that had $100 on it. :scared1:

We realized when we stopped in St. Augustine, FL. I was heartbroken. I actually started crying because I was sure I had just ruined our trip. Luckily DH was there with a clear head and said we would just get them new one when we got there. (we gave up some out of pocket items we were going to do and DH and I gave up our souvenir $). Good news is that they already have spending money for our next trip!! And I will never forget the giftcards again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter