What did you forget to pack????

LisaNJ25

DIS Veteran<br><font color=aqua>I paid $300 back i
ok.. so I am leaving monday and have not packed a thing. On top of that I have 2 birthday parties tommorrow and my daughter birthday party Sunday.

I would love to hear of things that you forgot to pack. Maybe this will help some of us to remember

:smooth:

Actually, I forgot two things:

1. My Cell Phone - I made sure I charged it completely the night before and left it on top of the fridge like an idiot . . .when we arrived at the airport I wanted to call my parents to let them know we arrived and then realized I left it at home . . .Needless to say, I ended up making $36 worth of calls from my room:rolleyes: when I could of just used my free nationwide long distance on my cell.

2. A Watch - Nobody remembered to bring one . . .Ok, I don't know about you, but I like to know what time it is . . .every time I needed to see what time it was I either had to find a clock or ask someone. Very inconvenient . . .I almost missed a PS because of it . . . :rolleyes:

It's the simple things you forget . . .

Have A Great Trip!

I forgot Tylenol or Advil my last trip! Won't do that this trip! Have a good trip! I'm leaving on THursday (8-22)

Kristin

I forgot hairpins and a scrunchie ... Seems kind of silly, but I have long hair and it can get really hot sometimes :(

I also forgot Tylenol and an emergency eye glass repair kit. Luckily, the jewellery store in MK had a screwdrewer I could borrow.

... I also forgot my hat and aloe lotion for the sunburns :)

Once I forgot my hubby's underwear.:o

I hate going to Wal-Mart while on vacation.:(
Now, I make sure and buy new packs 2 weeks before I leave and pack them in suitcase!!!! May cost a little bit extra, but I have peace of mind.

Shoot, I gotta run to Wal-Mart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: :eek:

Extra battery for my camera. I started taking pictures of the resort when we arrived and then noticed the little battery sign was on...$9.00 for the camera battery. *sigh*

This really isn't something we forgot to pack, but more like something we forgot to do. Before we left, we didn't check our video camera to make sure it was in working condition. Well, when we started taping, DH noticed the "clean head" symbol showed up. We couldn't tape anything since the head was dirty...made the picture REALLY choppy. We looked all over WDW, but could never find a head cleaner for our video camera. :( I miss not having video, but it was nice to not carrry it around.

One year we forgot my DHs shaving kit, which had his razor, aftershave lotion, deoderant and our toothbrushes and paste in it. Sooo..we made a stop at Walmart and he got some disposable razors shave cream and all the other things we had left behind too.

My daughter's favorite stuffed animal--her bunny--which she left on the couch in the family room. We drove as far as North Carolina when we stopped for the night, and she realized she left bunny at home. So we had to call home to a friend who has our house key, and ask her to put bunny in a box and ship it to disney world. When we arrived the next day, there was bunny waiting for us at the front counter!!
Don't forget your child's favorite stuffed animal!!!!:p

Last year I forgot DS whole suitcase. I didn't remember till we checked in and we only had a 45 minutes left till our flight left. We had to purchase him all new clothes when we got there. Michelle

Just remember, you're traveling to a civilized area and can buy just about anything you forget! Just don't forget that special "can't sleep without" bunny. :)

We had to buy a thermometer and children's cold meds at the gift shop one year. VERY expensive. Now I bring any meds we might possibly need (children's and adults Ibuprofen, cold medicine, motion sickness medicine, Ben Gay, etc.)

Don't forget sunscreen, hats, sunglasses.

I bring a tiny bottle of antibacterial liquid soap. I HATE the powdered soap in the parks. I truly HATE it.

A night light for the bathroom.

The most commonly forgotten item that I seem to observe...

Common Sense.

On a day to day basis, I encounter a lot of different people. And for the most part, all these folks are extremely intelligent people. But yet, simple things can baffle them.

The biggest thing... If you read the signs, 97% of the time, they will answer your question before you even ask it. But unfortunetly, with the Common Sense forgotten at home, just laying on the kitchen counter... folks wont read that sign.

For example... I'll pull into we'll say the Swan... I'll be driving one of the new Nova low floor busses, with the giant amber LED destination sign. You can read these things from a mile away. Anyways, I'll pull into the Swan at night with "MAGIC KINGDOM" on the sign. 75% of the time, someone will come up to me... "Do you go to Downtown Disney?" Sometimes people will just jump right onto the bus, without asking, and then wonder why the bus is headed in the "wrong" direction.

My favorite though... my friend pulled up into the Magic Kingdom load zone at one of the All Stars. This guy and his wife walk up to the bus. The guy looks at the sign at the bus stop... then looks at the front destination sign on the bus. He thinks for a minute, then looks at the signs again. He then gets on the bus, and asks, "Do you go to the Magic Kingdom?" The wife at this point takes her purse, smacks him, and says, "You saw the sign at the bus stop, you saw the sign on the bus, you KNOW the bus goes there, now why are you asking him? Go sit down!" My poor friend had to bite his lip to keep from laughing.

Originally posted by Barb D
I bring a tiny bottle of antibacterial liquid soap. I HATE the powdered soap in the parks. I truly HATE it.

It's all liquid soap now... :)

Thank you, Disney, for getting rid of the awful powder, and thank you Tyler, for telling me!

He then gets on the bus, and asks, "Do you go to the Magic Kingdom?" The wife at this point takes her purse, smacks him, and says, "You saw the sign at the bus stop, you saw the sign on the bus, you KNOW the bus goes there, now why are you asking him? Go sit down!" My poor friend had to bite his lip to keep from laughing.

ROFLOL Tyler.:cool: :cool:

Thanks for that story.

Sharbear

On our trip in Feb 01, the first place we used the powered soap was in the Restaurant Marakesh. My DD thought the powdered soap was a Moroccan prop. We were able to max out our APs that year with two more trips, and the Moroccan soap was a running gag! I'm gonna miss that stuff.

On the subject of what did I forget? Nothing! What we couldn't carry on our 10-day trip I shipped to our hotel room. And there was nothing I regretted bringing, either!

SUNGLASSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Drove to the airport, parked the car and left them there.

SUNGLASSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Drove to the airport, parked the car and left them there.

Although I didn't forget it, I highly recommend ambesol - for tooth pain. My son who was 6 at the time started losing a tooth and I was so glad that I packed it! I am taking temporary dental filler this time also - you just never know!!!!

Rae

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter