• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What did you do today?

Made homemade chicken pot pies in my new pie maker.

Learned about a two-striped walking stick insect that spits venom in your eyes.

Wasted a LOT of time on the internet.

Did zero housework.

Will never be the 1st to ask about separate checks. ;)

Today I helped my DS make a water rocket for his water day at Cub Scouts tomorrow.

Then we made invitations to his birthday in 2 weeks. We went to print them and we were out of some colors of ink in the printer. 60 dollars later, I was wondering why I didn't just buy invitations :rotfl2:

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

It was a truly exciting day here. Took the kids to school, looked online for a job on & off all day, had a training session at my PT job, stopped by the grocery store and picked up DS. Tonight, DH & DS watched a movie while I cleaned 3 bathrooms, DD18's room (gone at school), did laundry, and went through a pile of coats to donate or sell. Topped off the day with a second grocery trip to get veggies/sale/cold stuff that I don't get from the other store. Wheeee. :cool1::rotfl:

Do you ever look at your day and think, OMG, what the hell has happened to my life??? THIS was my Friday night?

Plus I agreed to meet a friend really early to walk and I"m a night owl. :crazy2:

Happy Bday to your BF! Yum on CF - did you get a yummy dessert?

Today was my boyfriend's birthday.

I decorated the bathroom for him before I left for work!:rotfl2:

Then he met me at work and we went to the Cheesecake Factory because we both had gift cards we had from Christmas.:bitelip: NOW that's me being cheap!;)
(when you're together so long, you can get away with things like that)

Now he's happily playing video games and I'm here bothering you all....

how was your day?

LOL, I'm curious how/why the bathroom was decorated for his b-day. To answer your question, I went to BJ's & spent about $100 more than planned.:sick:

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

It was a truly exciting day here. Took the kids to school, looked online for a job on & off all day, had a training session at my PT job, stopped by the grocery store and picked up DS. Tonight, DH & DS watched a movie while I cleaned 3 bathrooms, DD18's room (gone at school), did laundry, and went through a pile of coats to donate or sell. Topped off the day with a second grocery trip to get veggies/sale/cold stuff that I don't get from the other store. Wheeee. :cool1::rotfl:

Do you ever look at your day and think, OMG, what the hell has happened to my life??? THIS was my Friday night?

Plus I agreed to meet a friend really early to walk and I"m a night owl. :crazy2:

Happy Bday to your BF! Yum on CF - did you get a yummy dessert?

Caramel Pecan Turtle cheesecake!! Half of it is in the fridge!

LOL, I'm curious how/why the bathroom was decorated for his b-day. To answer your question, I went to BJ's & spent about $100 more than planned.:sick:

I always put up decorations (little stuff, like homemade signs) around the apartment on his b-day. This year I decided I would act like I forgot, but then he would see it in the bathroom!:rotfl: I should have take a picture of the toilet, I tried to wrap it!:blush:

I always put up decorations (little stuff, like homemade signs) around the apartment on his b-day. This year I decided I would act like I forgot, but then he would see it in the bathroom!:rotfl: I should have take a picture of the toilet, I tried to wrap it!:blush:

I once heard of "someone" who filled their BF's tub/shower with balloons for his birthday (thought about filling the tub with jello but figgered it'd be too messy). :rolleyes1

Just some ideas for next year...

Today was pretty darn boring. My husband worked on his car replacing some hoses. And getting really greasy. I spent my day watering the plants for a couple of hours since it's been so hot. Then did some housework.

Then hubby suggested that we go to Cheesecake Factory for dinner. We hadn't been in over a year. Our daughter joined us and we had a great time. And we all made sure to leave room for cheesecake! I tried the Pina Colada cheesecake. Really yummy.

And no split check; hubby treated us :).

Denisem- I'd love to hear about your pie maker. Does it do all of the work for you? TIA

I put down some sod in my back yard. The dog had decided to dig there. The approach of Issac will bring a nice amount of rain for the sod! :goodvibes

I once heard of "someone" who filled their BF's tub/shower with balloons for his birthday (thought about filling the tub with jello but figgered it'd be too messy). :rolleyes1

Just some ideas for next year...

My HS Geometry teacher said in college there was a fire at a local grocery. They sold off a bunch of smoke-damaged inventory afterwards so he & his friends bought a TON of Knox Gelatin. They'd sneak into people's dorm rooms and fill sinks, toilets, and bathtubs with "jello". A few folks were smart enough to figure out that hot water would dissolve the gelatin, but most didn't think of that. He said the best one was the guy on the 4th floor who was throwing chunks of the gelatin from his bathtub out the window onto the sidewalk below. They kept hearing this "thwack!" noise & when they went to investigate, they found him emptying his tub this way :cool1:

I went grocery shopping, masterfully avoiding both state fair traffic and the parade. Then I made a big breakfast of homemade egg mcmuffins.

Now everyone else in the family is getting ready to go to the fair. It's overcast and almost 60 degrees, and DS14 is looking for shorts because he says he will NOT go out in jeans in such hellish hot weather. :rotfl2:

I am not going to the fair :cloud9: Instead, I will just look up pictures of giant cabbages and save myself a ton of money and having to deal with crowds. I'm going to stay home, make a pot of chili for when the kids return, and reread Cordelia's Honor by Lois McMaster Bujold.

We discovered that the stray cat that has been hanging around the house has just given birth to three tiny kittens. Now the kids have been begging me all day to keep them. Not gonna happen. :laughing:

DH has been cooking dinner and it smells wonderful. He loves to do that, and believe me I don't mind at all since he is a better cook than me. :rotfl2:

He has also been watching football. Just hearing it on the TV makes me want to decorate for fall. :goodvibes

Today we slept in until 10:45 am. We've both been not sleeping well and just decided to catch up on some sorely needed ZZZZZZZZZ's.

Now, I'm relaxing on the couch with a kitty in my lap and Husband is buying new music on the office computer in the next room.

Zero plans for the rest of the day and I am LOVING this.

Tomorrow is housecleaning day. BOOOOOOOO!

Went to sleep at 11:30, woke up at 11:30... fell asleep at 1:00, woke up at 3:45...

a day wasted... lol.

Went to Hampton Beach for our last day of summer. Had dinner at a restaurant on the beach. Gonna jump in the shower and in bed!

DH worked and I cleaned house. Once he got home, we went shopping for some last minute stuff we need for our upcoming trip. Managed to find a pair of shorts and two tank tops today. Then we went out to dinner ... MMMM Skyline! :thumbsup2

Now I'm settled in getting ready to watch some football.

Took DD for cheerleading photos this morning then DH treated us to sausage & olive pizza (never split checks unheard of to me between marrieds

Then I had to get postcard stamps even though we are back a week from vacation, still want to mail them. Made a small trip to Costco for Tylenol and they were out of it!!!

Getting ready to make dinner, 8pm here but we weren't hungry til now;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter