• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What did you do for your husband's 40th b-day?

lattemomof3

DIS Veteran
I am really at a loss:confused3, his birthday is Jan 23, and I'd love to do something, but have no idea what. He is really not the "throw a party" type. He has a few close friends, but some of them don't know one another, and a few of them don't like one another:rotfl:. We are going to DW in Feb, so a big trip is out. He loves football, and is on a fantasy football leauge. It is getting late to get tickets to a pro game, and tickets for next season don't come out until much later. He likes to golf, but has enough golf stuff. He is a very simple creature, who could'nt even think of anything he wanted for his stocking. See my dilema;), anyone have any ideas?

DH's 40th was this summer, and he threatened me within an inch of my life if I threw him a party. He doesn't have many close friends either, so it would have really just been family. So we took a weekend trip to our timeshare, at a place he really loved within driving distance, in Northern Michigan. Pretty low key, but had a cake, and just hung out as a family. For him, it was perfect.

We renewed our vows in Las Vegas - got friends to take our kids for 1 night and just told him at my son's soccer game that we have a plane to catch - bags were packed in my car and off we went! He said he had everything so I gave him 'me' again as a present - now we have renewed our vows again on DCL and at the Garden Grill in Epcot with Mickey!

Good luck - I know it's hard to come up with a great idea for a 40th birthday present!! :goodvibes

My DH turned 40 in 2008. He had always said he wanted to see Yankee stadium. That was the last year for the old stadium. So I bought him 2 plane tickets to NY and 2 tickets to a game. He and my son flew out on the first flight. Took the train from the airport to the stadium and went to the game. Thet spent the rest of the day sightseeing and took the last flight home. We live in Buffalo so its a quick flight.
He loved it, and he and our son will have that memory forever.

My husband had always regretted getting rid of his 1988 Nissan Pulsar. He had been looking at them forever as a fun "tinker car." For his 40th I told him to go get it. He & my son have had a blast tinkering for 3 years now =)

Other ideas- A night away away for the 2 of you with maybe a couples massage. Or if likes to golf- how about a golf w/e with a buddy?

My DH and a good friend of ours turned 40 within a couple of months of one another. Our friend's wife and I surprised them with a trip to Vegas to celebrate. None of us had been before. We had a great time!

We also got together with several "couple" friends of which 4 out of 8 people were turning 40 within weeks of one another. We went out and made a whole night of it - drinks and apps, dinner somewhere else, dessert at another place.

Since he likes to golf, what about a season pass to a course near you?

I am really at a loss:confused3, his birthday is Jan 23, and I'd love to do something, but have no idea what. He is really not the "throw a party" type. He has a few close friends, but some of them don't know one another, and a few of them don't like one another:rotfl:. We are going to DW in Feb, so a big trip is out. He loves football, and is on a fantasy football leauge. It is getting late to get tickets to a pro game, and tickets for next season don't come out until much later. He likes to golf, but has enough golf stuff. He is a very simple creature, who could'nt even think of anything he wanted for his stocking. See my dilema;), anyone have any ideas?

I would love some ideas too. My DH's b-day is the day after Christmas and he is turning 50 this year. By the day after Christmas no-one wants to go to another party! And we can't really go anywhere. He does not help me by giving me any ideas either.

I found some over the hill magnetic car stickers and stuck them to the car. And the kids and I made him a cake. I on the other hand will not be turning 40I will be aging backwards:rotfl: I think we went to a night at Sybaris which is like a adults only hotel with a hot tub and pool in your room. It's nice to get away for a night.

Dh and I will turn 40 in 2 years. Our B-days are 1 1/2 months apart. MIL wants us to have a HUGE party(over 100 people) with food, drinks and D.J. . Well that would be fine if we wanted that but we dont because DH and I would be paying for it ourselves. I'm trying so hard to convince dh for us to take a cruise. I dont want to spend so much money on a party we both dont really want. MIL was pushing for me to have the party for DH but he doesnt want a huge party with D.J. but well see if she convinces him. I'll tell her she can pay for it-lol!

I would love to do a cruise for my and dh's 40th B-day but if not maybe a simple get together with a small group of close friends and family.

You could treat him at WDW to:

one of the Richard Petty Driving experiences

a SEGWAY tour

a Golf special that they have [ I know nothing about golf]

something like that...

DH is turning 40 in Jan, I am probably taking him on the Epcot Segway tour or dinner at Victoria and alberts in feb.

forgot to say what we did...we both turned 40 last year....

he went skiing with his buddies and I went to Mexico with friends. We'd never done a girls / guys trip. It was a blast.

For his 41st birthday, he got a HARLEY. LOL. :lmao:

We had a party. Had a ton of fun. Our b-days are 2 weeks apart and we are 10 years apart. So he turned 40 and I turned 30 the same year. We had big parties for both. Next time though, we will do a combined 50/40 party.

my dh's is this march. I've rented a suite to see a hockey game and the team, pom pom girls and mascot are going to be there as well as friends/family. it's a surprise. actually, not a bad deal except the soda part - $14 for a six pack:scared1: It's annoying bc everything else is such a good price.

My DH turned 40 last April. He does not like surprise parties. We went out to eat with some of our good friends. I gave him a gift certificate for a Discovery Flight at the local airport. For $69 he got to go up with a flight instructor for one hour. He even got to take the controls. I was able to go with him and we had a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter