• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What did you do for breakfast on DDP?

katebeth

Mouseketeer
I am curious what people usualy did for breakfast on the Diseny Dining Plan. We are leaving in a couple of days and are doing the plan for the first time.

All but one of our ADR's are dinners and lunches....trying to figure out if we should use CS on breakfast or snack credits? Any suggestions or tips?

We will be paying OOP for breakfast at ASMo - it shouldn't be too expensive....

We will be saving our CS credits for lunch in the parks and only have a few TSs for lunch - if you have TSs for lunch and dinner, then it may be more beneficial to use the credits for breakfast....

We usually eat breakfast in the room after a stop at the grocery store when we get there. We usually do 1 or 2 breakfasts out per trip.

To be honest, we didn't even eat breakfast after the first day. The first day we used our snack credit. After that, we slept in, had lunch at 11 or so and then did our TS meal as dinner, usually around 5:30/6. There was a LOT at dinner to hold us through til the next morning.

We're bringing cereal from home, and buying jugs of milk from the general store.

We used our snack credits for Entenmann's Donuts, a 1/2 Gallon of Milk and Juice. :thumbsup2 This was at OKW last week.

I don't eat breakfast, but DS10 bought donuts from the food court or a little something from one of the carts in the parks (just make sure they take the Dining Plan).

We did a mix of things....some days we booked a sit-down breakfast (at Crystal Palace or Kona Cafe) and used a sit-down dining credit. Some days we actually had a sit-down breakfast and sit-down dinner planned, so we would pay out of pocket for the breakfast (b/c it was cheaper as compared to the dinner meal) and use the dining credit for the dinner meal. Other days we used a counter service (in AK at Tusker House - great counter breakfast!! :thumbsup2 ). So, I guess it just depended on the day. At the end of our trip, we had extra counter service meals....so I guess we should have used more for breakfast!!

Hi, We used mostly snack credits for Breakfast. We stayed at the BCV so we were doing breakfast at the BC Marketplace.They have a nice selection of pastries and my FAVORITE the Yogurt and Fruit Parfait(that they mix up right in front of you!) We paid OOP for our drinks. When we went in July they also allowed us to use a CS and get cereal(single serving) with milk,a fruit and a juice drink as one credit. They allowed this in the AM,but when I tried to get the same deal the night before we were leaving, the CM did not think I could do that. She finally asked another CM and she said it was fine. Joan

A few mornings we used our CS credits to get breakfast at Pop Century. We got pancakes, eggs, etc. Those days we didn't eat lunch. The other days we used our snack credits for breakfast and saved the CS for lunch. We had the refillable mugs, so we used the snack credits on bagels, cereal and muffins.

Even though we are doing the DDP for the first time and therefore I have no actual experience, I can tell you what we will be doing based upon how we have eaten at WDW before. We are a family of four (two adults, two kids, 10 and 12). Our plan is to split two breakfasts at the CBR food court in the morning and then split two cs meals at the parks for lunch. The portions at WDW are so huge thats what we always do. And since we all get a snack to boot, we definitely will have plenty to eat before our ADR's at dinner (when the all out pig fest really begins). So thats what has worked well for us in the past, and now its a good use of our credits too!

We actually never ate breakfast. When we woke up were we all still full from supper the night before. We had a cooler in our room and would buy the big jug of milk. Most days one of us were to full to eat our desert either from lunch or supper, so we would bring it back to our room and our DS 14 would eat it for breakfast with a glass of milk the next morning. We typically set lunch (CS) for around 11-12 and then supper (table) for around 6-7.

We've done the DP for our last 2 trips & we've never eaten breakfast. We eat an early CS lunch at about 11am - this way we get to avoid the long lunch lines as well. This works great for us!

My bf and I are not daily breakfast eaters normally. However we are doing Chef Mickey's and Ohana character breakfasts. We are going to be there for 9 days. I really like the experience. We love Crystal Palace for breakfast but wanted to try something new. As far as the other days we will wing them. But usually if we do not have an ADR for breakfast we will skip breakfast altogether or get something like a donut or muffin real quick. We may try one counter service meal but again we are not big breakfast eaters. We are on the DP but have opted to do 2 signature dinners so we are paying OOP for the breakfasts.

There was only DH and myself on our trip, and since he was so excited about getting to the parks every day we mostly just used our re-fillable mugs each morning! Though we did have granola bars from home (once), and leftover chocolate cake (once), most of the time we just split one CS for an early lunch and then a second CS for a late lunch. And since most of our dinner ADR's were for 7pm this worked out well. The only time we actually sat down to eat a breakfast was in the food court the day we left (no park visits).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter