What did you buy at WWOHP?

The pink puff thingy kind of freaks me out, lol. But I could definitely see my SIL getting this...Might make for a good present in the future, though I guess we would have to name it in the shop then ;)

I picked up a cauldron cake, chocolate frog, and two bottles of pumpkin juice today. :)

4672352815_ae02327fe2.jpg

OMG that's so cute. I want one. Ha I'm going to be so broke after Universal this year hahaha

that pink pygmy puff is ssooo cute!!! does it do anything, like make any sounds or stuff?

My DD got a pygmy puff this morning and whenever anyone purchased one, the TM would "ding" a giant bell and call out "Ladies and Gentlemen, a pygmy puff named ______ has just been adopted" and everyone would start clapping and yelling.

The TM also would say to you that it is tradition to name the pygmy before you leave the store and you would tell her its name.

It was a pretty cute little "ceremony" They must have done it about 5 times while we were in the shop.

Awesome! I might have to buy a pygmy puff just for that reason!

My DD got a pygmy puff this morning and whenever anyone purchased one, the TM would "ding" a giant bell and call out "Ladies and Gentlemen, a pygmy puff named ______ has just been adopted" and everyone would start clapping and yelling.

The TM also would say to you that it is tradition to name the pygmy before you leave the store and you would tell her its name.

It was a pretty cute little "ceremony" They must have done it about 5 times while we were in the shop.

That sounds adorable! I hope they keep that up as I'm definately getting one :goodvibes: but what to call it..

I got
1 souvenir mug of butterbeer
1 Harry Potter wand
1 Ginny Weasley wand
and 1 lanyard for the my friend who was watching the dog.
We used our AAA discount as well

i don't get it?:confused3 why would you want to buy it at a yard sale?

Well, for instance when we took the grandkids in March the granddaughter had about $300 worth of costumes from the Disney store that we bought for $1 each. That $300 would cover the cost of 2 1-year preferred annual pass renewals. She was just as happy as if we would have walked out of the Disney store with them ourselves and we'll be going back next month to renew our passes with the money we didn't spend. Do you really think that if we send them wands for Christmas they are going to care if I bought them inside the park or at a yard sale? Or that the butterbeer mug you paid $9 for is going to make a soda taste any better than the ones we get for 25 cents each?

If buying a few souvenirs would break the bank I probably shouldn't be going on this type of vacation.

To each their own. Buy lots of stuff so we have a good selection :laughing: BTW, over the years I have managed to personally meet quite a few Disboard members at the parks and I have yet to see that any of them were having any more or less of a good time based on how many souvenirs they had and where they bought them.

My dd really scored on this trip. She used most of her own money.

She got:
Slytherin Cloak
Slytheran scarf
Slytherin tie
3 slytherin pins
slytherin lanyard
Slytherin pillow
a pigmy puff
3 wands (she was chosen for one of them and one she bought for her friend)
2 choc frogs (1 for her friend)
quill suckers
butter beer (too many to count over 5 days)
pumpkin juice
the collectors Map with display case
Hedwig
a set of sealing wax and Slytherin stamp
A dragon statue (don't know the name of it)

FIREBOLT broom!!! (Dad paid for that!!!)

I think that was about it...might have left something off.

They have brooms! I am going to have to figure out how to get that on the plane home-lol. How much was the firebolt-I know my youngest will want one and we are going in September.
Also I read somewhere about remote control snitches- do they have them and does anyone know how they work?
Thanks!
Can't wait to have a butterbeer. My youngest is so excited- he was just over a year old when the 1st movie came out on DVD and he was just barely standing and talking-after seeing the movie once- the next time he stood up at the broom scene, held his arm out and said UP-I should have know then he was hooked for life-lol!
About 5 or 6 years ago I made him an invisibility cloak and he still plays with it. He is going on 10 and he just loves everything Harry Potter.
:wizard:

The Firebolt broom was I think $300. They had run out of all of the brooms last week but on Wednesday they had only gotten a few more in.

It is VERY heavy and comes in a huge box. I would estimate that is weighs at least25-30 pounds and the box it is packed in is 4 1/2 - almost 5 feet long.

Are there any Potter snow globes or nice Universal ones. That's the only thing I usually buy but I can't seem to find much info on them. Thanks!!

Yep our Firebolt is from the Noble Collection. That was written on the box it came in. They were ot of the Nimbus 2001 at the time but Dd an Dh liked the Firebolt better anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter