• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What did you bake today ? OK if not from scratch

Lemon Madeleines. Made one batch, took it out of the oven. Realized I forgot to put butter in the batter.
Threw them all in the trash. Went to the store for more lemons and flour. Made lemon madeleines. Again. Grrrr.

What is fun and sometimes not fun ablit namkng and cooking is the first try may want you to try a different way lol.
My crockpot lasagna was good but next time I totally need more meat for my liking.

Hoping it is ok to ask this here. I’m looking for some new apple recipes ideas. Besides the usual apple pie and applesauce what else do you do with apples? My parents are going to take a ride to a couple of orchards this week and I was going to ask them to get me a bag of seconds for applesauce and baking. I love apple season and was hoping to try a few new recipes.

Hoping it is ok to ask this here. I’m looking for some new apple recipes ideas. Besides the usual apple pie and applesauce what else do you do with apples? My parents are going to take a ride to a couple of orchards this week and I was going to ask them to get me a bag of seconds for applesauce and baking. I love apple season and was hoping to try a few new recipes.

I make spiced apples to go with pork chops. Which is really just warm, chunky applesauce but it tastes really good.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/236250/skillet-apples-with-cinnamon/

Last night I made buttermilk fried chicken for dinner. Unfortunately, the oil was too hot so the chicken was getting dark before it was cooked through so I had to finish it off in the oven.

Does that count?

I make apple butter. I loosely use this recipe. I use more apples and a little less than half the sugar (so less than 2 cups). I will also start it late in the day so it can cook overnight in the crackpot.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/21205/all-day-apple-butter/

I made cranberry almond coffee cake. It's OK. I cooked it two minutes less than the minimum time stated in the recipe but I still feel like it's overbaked (I have a temp thermometer in my oven that says it's the correct temperature, but I still feel like my oven runs hot.) The family liked it... but if I make again, I might add more cranberries... maybe some orange zest... and check it even earlier.

Apple crisp. I picked the apples at a farm a week ago but got sick. Finally felt up to doing something with them.

We will have leftover moussaka for the main. I managed that two days ago.

Illness and fresh produce aren’t a good mix. Hope I’ve regained my stamina by the time I get to Disney 5 weeks from today!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter