What did you all book for Summer 2023? - thoughts on prices?

Yes we were! Except... our DD had an accident in Cozumel so we had to cut the trip short... you may have heard?
Ended up staying in Cozumel for the next 2 weeks and the beginning of the Rona.. surgery, rehab, nightmare...
Had several ppl contacting me on the facepad page to ask how she was doing. Thank GOD all went well.
DCL refunded us the cruise and we took our daughter to this year's WBPC, which she loved. Best cruise, maybe best trip of our lifetimes... We are so grateful with life, with the Cosmos.

She will be 18 for the for that Med cruise... I'm sure she'll like to hang with your DS on the 1820 society.
That’s right, I remember about you having to stay in Cozumel. Glad everything turned out well. Our son has been a little nervous about aging out of the kids clubs. He met lots of friends who hung out around the ship. He is still in touch with some of them. He has lots of friends who are girls, so he would welcome a new friend. We were lucky enough to do two PC cruises...the best!

We booked the 11-night Med on the Dream.

Maybe because early booking is the 'cheapest' but I was surprised at the prices.
The 2023 11-night Med is cheaper (!!) than the 12-night Med we had for this summer but ended up canceling.
Of course it's 1 less night but compared on a per-night basis, the 2023 cruise we booked is about 12% cheaper.
We also booked the summer 2022 Med cruise late & I guess that's why it was more expensive.

So, lesson learned, gotta book early to snag the best deals.

Hope you all get what you want at a price that works for you.
The 2022 9-night Med cruise I booked on gold opening day but later cancelled and the 2023 7-night Med cruise I booked this morning were both roughly $1000/night for the same room category. Lost our placeholder discount and FCC switching to next year but we're breaking even because the new cruise is shorter.

Last edited:
I forgot to answer the original question. Well yes, I think the prices are high. When you compare them to other cruise lines they are absolutely ridiculous. So no I did not book anything. That's not to say I don't like DCL if things go as planned I'll have sailed DCL four times in the past year. I just don't like to overpay for things.
I have ventured away from DCL enough to feel comfortable with the other lines and to be frank other cruise lines have better itineraries. I'm currently considering a 12-night med cruise on Odyssey that visits the Greek Isles, Isreal, and Turkey, It's priced around 5,500 for a balcony. I still haven't decided yet.

We booked the 11-night Med on the Dream.

Maybe because early booking is the 'cheapest' but I was surprised at the prices.
The 2023 11-night Med is cheaper (!!) than the 12-night Med we had for this summer but ended up canceling.
Of course it's 1 less night but compared on a per-night basis, the 2023 cruise we booked is about 12% cheaper.
We also booked the summer 2022 Med cruise late & I guess that's why it was more expensive.

So, lesson learned, gotta book early to snag the best deals.

Hope you all get what you want at a price that works for you.
We are booked on the 11 night Med. Next year on the Dream as well! We had two 50% discounts because we had B2B on the Wish that were cancelled. So this year we are going to Alaska for 7 nights this year with one of the discounts and the other going towards the 11 nighter. Two bucket list cruises we never would have been able to afford without that discount!

We used our OBBs to book the 7 night Greek Isles for our family of 5. The longer Greek Isles were too early with our high school schedule. Had to trade in the 9 night that we couldn't go on this year - so while we lost a couple of nights, we gained Mykonos, for which we are very excited!

Last edited:
Booked the 8 night greek isles. Almost 12K for 2A 1C (3 years old). Going to apply our 50% because our wish cruise was cancelled, like many others here.

No way we could've afforded it otherwise! Now I'm just hoping I'm not crazy bringing a 3 (will be almost 4) year old to Greece! Hope it goes well.
We took our daughter on a 12 night Med and Greece cruise with Turkey on DCL when she was three. It was great! We did do some of the excursions without her and left her in the kids club. She had much more fun there. You will love it!

I wonder if some of the European cruises are cheaper per-night because the Dream will be there instead of the Magic. It seems to me that the Dream-class ships are always cheaper than the Magic-class ships, regardless of the itinerary.

I booked the 8/19, 7 night Fantasy. This is only for 3 guests when in the past I have been booking for 4. Taking that into consideration I would say the price is comparable to what we paid in 2019, our last 7 night.

I would have loved to do the 10 night southern but that would have only been 2 of us, and that was just too much than I can justify.

I wonder if some of the European cruises are cheaper per-night because the Dream will be there instead of the Magic. It seems to me that the Dream-class ships are always cheaper than the Magic-class ships, regardless of the itinerary.
That definitely isn’t true for most cruises. Look at the Wonder out of San Diego - for Disney those are incredibly cheap.

The Dream class have more verandahs so if you book a verandah it is normally cheaper. But for me who likes the cheapest room on the ship, the Magic class are normally cheapest.

That definitely isn’t true for most cruises. Look at the Wonder out of San Diego - for Disney those are incredibly cheap.

The Dream class have more verandahs so if you book a verandah it is normally cheaper. But for me who likes the cheapest room on the ship, the Magic class are normally cheapest.
Oh, maybe. I usually only look at the verandah prices. I've noticed that upgrading from a regular verandah to a family verandah on the Dream-class ships is usually a few hundred dollars, but doing the same upgrade on a Magic-class ship is often well over $1000. I guess because there are fewer rooms? I don't know. Every time I look at the typical Caribbean cruises out of Florida, the Magic always costs more than the Fantasy.

We booked Dream Sept 3rd 7 night Northern Europe and Norwegian Fjords from Southampton

Category 07A, 2A total is $4646 with taxes and fees after 10% from the placeholder. Another $380 Costco gift card back after the cruise. I am very happy with their service. I compared RCCL , princess, and celebrity for the same route, Disney prices is not that bad surprisingly.

We booked 7-night Norwegian Fjords in August on the Dream. Used our 20% off discount for missing a port in December. Sailing in a one bedroom - expensive, but with the discount it's about the same as some other cruises in Veranda cabin. The Fjords cruise seemed one of the less expensive European sailings in 2023.

We booked the 8 night Southern on the Magic with my In-laws and their platinum status (so right now I’m with my MIL and DS/DH are with FIL). This is to make up for them cancelling their Alaska. I think we did pretty good… the May date helped the price a lot!

I’m planning to pick up placeholders in Alaska in a few weeks and if the price is worth it we will rebook then.

That’s right, I remember about you having to stay in Cozumel. Glad everything turned out well. Our son has been a little nervous about aging out of the kids clubs. He met lots of friends who hung out around the ship. He is still in touch with some of them. He has lots of friends who are girls, so he would welcome a new friend. We were lucky enough to do two PC cruises...the best!

Why didn't you go to this year's WBPC? - Might have been the last one according to rumors in the ship itself :(
Met lots of ppl this year's that were 'carryovers' from 2020, many were seasoned PC folks too.

I booked the Fantasy 6 night and prices seemed typical for July. I was using a placeholder, so I called the second the lines opened and was done with my booking in less than 15 minutes from the time I called. Got the 7A stateroom of my choice.

Booked the 8 night greek isles. Almost 12K for 2A 1C (3 years old). Going to apply our 50% because our wish cruise was cancelled, like many others here.

No way we could've afforded it otherwise! Now I'm just hoping I'm not crazy bringing a 3 (will be almost 4) year old to Greece! Hope it goes well.
We did that, but are going this Summer. Not only did we get the 50% off, we had FCC's that would have expired in September of this year that we booked the original Wish booking with, so applied those as well, and since that original booking was done with a placeholder, also stacked another 10% on that, so.... yeah...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter