What did we think of TEEN MOM 2?

Last nights Teen Mom is still on my DVR, I will watch it later. But Farrah posted on Twitter that they started taping season 3 today.

I like Megan. She was really hands on with Aubrey and she seems to be a cool chick.

I really wonder about Kailyn's mom, do you think she had the money and just didn't want to let her daughter borrow it?
No, I think she really is borderline homeless herself. I'm thinking about the scene where she and Kailyn met for lunch, and when Kailyn told her that she and Joe broke up, mom's face just fell and her tone of voice changed as she asked where she was going to live -- you could tell that she was gearing up to say NO.
Leah and Corey's trailer looks terrible, but has a beautiful view. Why is her mom always talking her out of being with Corey (on 16&Pregnnt) and moving too quickly with Corey (this last episode)? Crap advice.
Well, if someone had broken your baby girl's heart once, you'd be pretty careful, wouldn't you? Especially if there was the potential that your two granddaughters'd be hurt if the relationship went sour a second time.
I really feel bad for Kailyn, but at least Jo's parents seem somewhat together, even if I don't agree with what they do/say sometimes.
I think Jo's parents are just average people, though overly "soft" in the parenting department. They're just caught up in a no-win situation: They don't really want Jo's ex-girlfriend living with them, and Jo would benefit from being forced into some independence, and the two of them are constantly fighting and aren't very responsible with housework -- but at the same time, they can't put their grandson our on the street.
What strikes me with Janeel is that she has no attachment to her son, at all.
Yeah, she likes him in the same way all teenaged girls like cute babies. Cute, fun for a few minutes, but then it's time to get back to their own lives.
At the same time, if you want your kid back,you cant go out and party and say i know I shouldn't stay out late when i will have my kid the next day.
Yeah, it's like she has a big disconnect with reality. I want my kid back -- oh, but I still want to do the things that caused him to be taken away from me. She said she'll have him back in a month, three at the most. She'll never get that kid back. She doesn't know HOW to do it, doesn't have the money to do it, and she isn't taking steps in the right direction.
Chelsea- shes stupid and lazy- finish your school work already and pick up those clothes off the floor. that guy is only there to be part of the fame and fortune and free house.
Yeah, I was thinking STUPID, STUPID, STUPID when she put the baby in the high chair (without any food, books, or toys) and sat down to try to do her homework. Do you really think the baby's going to sit there quietly and let you study? Shoot, I wouldn't sit there quietly.
Jennelle: Honestly say 1 more time you have to babysit your own kid and I will just scream.
Actually . . . he's not her kid anymore. She signed over custody.
Chelsea - I have little respect for her. Did you see the condition of that house - that house that HER DAD PAYS FOR...not only the clothing all over the bedroom - they showed a shot of the bathroom - OMG it wasn't just messy, it was dirty & there was garbage all over the place. Her dad was way too nice. I play tough love in my house - I would have said here is the mortgage & the bills, I'm done. You want to play house with Adam then you can pay for it too BUH BYE.
Yeah, her dad's too nice -- but that's part of why she's in this situation. Her parents never set any limits for her, never taught her to set limits for herself.

"The past is history, the future is a mystery, but right now is a gift, that's why its called the present" … that was the ONLY thing I liked about the show this week!

Leaves you pondering.

"The past is history, the future is a mystery, but right now is a gift, that's why its called the present" … that was the ONLY thing I liked about the show this week!

Leaves you pondering.

Arggghhh...I can't stand that guy. He seems like such a sleeze-ball. He just screams LOSER!!!!

I've heard that nice quote that Keiffer said on the episode, so he certainly didn't make it up!

Regardless, I liked how he told Janelle that she brings on some of her problems herself. Janelle does put up with a lot, with her mom's yelling and attitude. However, for Jace's sake, you'd think she would want to keep the peace and do everything in her power to see him. So screwing up again when it is her time to watch him was hard to watch. I just want to reach through the screen and ask her what the heck is she thinking!

Kailyn is trapped. She doesn't want to be with Jo, but doesn't have another option. I wonder what happened that got Jo kicked out? There must be more to that story.

Chelesea is going to get hurt. She really should have tried dating Adam for awhile before moving him in. She rushed into it and is going to get hurt... Sad to see.

I felt bad for Leah, because there is nothing harder than being a mom and feeling like you can never get a break. Even when she went to the store shopping, she still couldn't really relax and enjoy herself, because corey kept calling and guilting her into coming home.

PS. What is up with all these people changing poopy diapers on the carpet.... EEEKKK... I know I am a germaphobe but still!

PPS. Keiffer's place looked really run down

Arggghhh...I can't stand that guy. He seems like such a sleeze-ball. He just screams LOSER!!!!

Ohhh, let me make this perfectly clear …. ITA, he is a HUGE loser. I just like the quote. :thumbsup2

I just had not heard it in awhile.

Leaves you pondering.

They say that line in Kung Fu Panda. My first thought was that Kiefer must have watched that movie recently. :laughing:

Psst - Hi, Kar! :yay:

I feel such sadness for Kailyn. Being a parent is already hard, but add to that being a single parent, no education or job skills, and having NO family support, it seems to almost be a hopeless situation for her. She needs a leg up so she can get ahead a little. I know these girls are paid, there are rumors about how much, so maybe that'll help her eventually. Right now, I think her only choice is to stick with Jo :confused3

Janelle just makes me shake my head more and more each week. Someone already said what I was thinking - she seems to have no attachment to Jace at all. Very bizarre, esp when you compare the instinctual mothering abilities found in Leah, Kailyn, and Chelsea. Her mother is a hot mess and they seem to have a very Farrah-like mother/daughter relationship, but she isn't doing anything to get past that. Her mom gave her another chance and she screwed it up. I hate to say it but I think Jace may just be one of the thousands of grandbabies raised by their grandparent and that is probably the best thing for him.

I agree with others on comments about Chelsea - good mom but she's totally infactuated with Adam. And why can't he just put a shirt on?

I hope Leah's time out shopping was a wake up call to Corey regarding her life right now. According to their FB page they are happily married now but I'm anxious to hear what is going on with Ali. I have a feeling they will be okay.

I feel such sadness for Kailyn. Being a parent is already hard, but add to that being a single parent, no education or job skills, and having NO family support, it seems to almost be a hopeless situation for her. She needs a leg up so she can get ahead a little. I know these girls are paid, there are rumors about how much, so maybe that'll help her eventually. Right now, I think her only choice is to stick with Jo :confused3

Janelle just makes me shake my head more and more each week. Someone already said what I was thinking - she seems to have no attachment to Jace at all. Very bizarre, esp when you compare the instinctual mothering abilities found in Leah, Kailyn, and Chelsea. Her mother is a hot mess and they seem to have a very Farrah-like mother/daughter relationship, but she isn't doing anything to get past that. Her mom gave her another chance and she screwed it up. I hate to say it but I think Jace may just be one of the thousands of grandbabies raised by their grandparent and that is probably the best thing for him.

I agree with others on comments about Chelsea - good mom but she's totally infactuated with Adam. And why can't he just put a shirt on?

I hope Leah's time out shopping was a wake up call to Corey regarding her life right now. According to their FB page they are happily married now but I'm anxious to hear what is going on with Ali. I have a feeling they will be okay.

I do feel bad for Kailyn - she is in such a hopeless situation but I have to give her props for trying to make something of herself.

Chelsea - she's a spoiled child and has no respect for her father or all he has done for her. Adam is there for free rent and his 15 minutes of fame.

Jenelle - love how Kiefer called her out. She needs to get her life together before she can even think about being a Mom to Jace.

Corey and Leah - love them but BOY can I relate to the constant phone calls on the rare chance I am out and my DH has our youngest at home. Men just don't get that it is NOT easy staying home with kids all day. I can't imagine taking care of twin infants, let alone doing it when I was a teenager!

Do you have a link to Corey and Leah's facebook page?

First of all...I miss the 'real' teen mom so I'm glad to hear that they have started filming the next season!!!

Tuesday wasn't the best episode ever, here's what I thought:

Janelle: She's a mess. In a way I feel sorry for her even though she brings on a lot of it herself. Her mom is VERY negative with her and that is obviously not working. She is a mom now of course, but she still needs to be parented and I feel like she is not getting the guidance she needs. All her mom does is scream at her and that is NOT helping the situation. I think she needs to forget college for this semester, rent a room in a house, work full time and save some more money for college and start some type of supervised visitation with Jace. I also think she would benefit from some type of parenting course. Of course, none of this will happen until Janelle starts taking some steps on her own. If I was Janelle's mom I would make a list of these things and other things she should be doing to help straighten out her life and provide her with a copy. The best thing Janelle has done so far is sign over temporary custody of Jace to her mom but she doesn't realize that she will NEVER get Jace back unless she takes some serious steps to straightening out her life. Jace will not be a baby forever and if she waits until he's older he may not want to go and live with Janelle and that will come into play in court...cause you know that's how it's going to be handled!

Kailyn: I feel very sorry for her. She has been abandoned by her mom pretty much and Jo is not right for her (at least right now). Jo's parents have been great but really, where is she supposed to go with Isaac??? Jo's parents are looking out for Jo and of course Jo is looking out for Jo. Kailyn is taking excellent care of Isaac so this is all around a tough situation. What would be best for Isaac??? For mommy to get her education so she can provide for him. I worry that what might happen is Kailyn drop out of school and rely on Jo for money (by herself or with him) and her and Isaac will live in poverty for a long time. Jo's parents should recognize that Kailyn is trying to make a good life for their grandchild and provide a list of rules that Kailyn must abide by to live in their house (stay in school, work, participate in house work, not date anyone except perhaps Jo if she choses etc...). Kailyn is a smart enough girl to do what is necessary to get ahead. This way she can get her education and move on with Isaac and hopefully Jo will straighten out and follow suit.

Leah: Poor girl has so much on her mind. She needs to teach DBF how to take care of the girls independently. She would benefit from a support group or a bi-weekly outing with another mom. She wants to do school but that might not be an option for her until the girls are a bit older especially with the uncertainty of what's going on with Alleah. She is a great mom though and is trying to make things work between her and Corey.

Kailyn: Her dad needs to tell her to finish school and kick Adam out OR start paying the rent and bills on the house! I cried when Adam did what he did in 16 and pregnant and I am appalled that she would take him back. He has not changed at all and should not be a part of her life other than to visit DD if he is paying child support. It's not that hard to finish school if you budget your time. A lot of moms work and take care of their kids which is a similar situation...especially when she says she's almost done. Maybe when DD goes to bed she should devote two hours to her studies. Likewise when DD is napping. The messy house doesn't bother me because there are more important things in life than cleaning...like playing with your kids! Plus, she's young and living on her own for the first time...things will change.

Who watched tonight's episode? Whew!

Jenelle: I almost cried when her Mom said that Jace had really started walking that week and she missed it, she can't get that moment or time back.I can't imagine missing that.

Leah: Um, did she just tell Corey she was going to get on BC again?! What?! You been playing house and hadn't been on it?!

Chelsea: Wow. Loved how she told Megan oh, I am staying out of it?" really cause Chelsea is the dummy who let him move in knowing they didn't get along. Interesting that Adam brought up about since they are legally livng in the same house he wouldn't have to give child support, which is right, but he is just slimy and a mooch.

Kailyn: Seriously, what is up with her DM?! she is living in a house, not even offering her to stay there until she gets on her feet? I know she said before it wouldnt be a good place for Issac, but she seems so trapped. Tonight, it wasn't smart to say oh I don't want to be with him but I will still live here to his parents. what did she expect them to say?

Poor Kailyn just can't get a break!

'Teen Mom' Kailyn Lowry and son in Lower Nazareth crash

8:39 p.m. EST, February 15, 2011
E-mail Print Share Text Size mc-kailyn-lowry-teen-mom-crash-20110215
Kailyn Lowry, star of the MTV show "Teen Mom 2," and her 1-year-old son were in a two-vehicle crash Tuesday afternoon on Route 191 in Lower Nazareth Township.

No one was hurt in the 5:30 p.m. accident, but Lowry, 18, of Nazareth was upset. She was driving a car, which rear-ended a sport-utility vehicle that she said suddenly slowed for a turn.

"The person in front of me didn't use their turn signal or show a brake light, and they stopped short," she said. "Their car doesn't have any damage and my car is totaled."

Lowry was taking her son Issac home from day care when her northbound car collided with the SUV, also driven by a woman.

She said the SUV made an abrupt turn at Route 946, giving her no time to avoid the crash.

Northampton County emergency center said Colonial Regional police are investigating the accident. A Hecktown EMS ambulance was sent to the scene, but no one required attention.

A new episode of "Teen Mom 2" was broadcast at 10 p.m. Tuesday. The weekly reality show follows Lowry, her son and her new boyfriend Jordan Wenner.

So I just have to say that I NEVER put my children in their crib with a bottle. Never, not even once!

I can't stand to see this, week after week after week on this show! A whole generation of kids watching this is going to think this is the proper way to put your child to bed. I wish they wouldn't show it!

I know, I know, in the grand scheme of things on this show, this is the least of the worries these kids have but still, it's a horrible thing to do and I can't stand that every single kid is being put to bed with a bottle.

So I just have to say that I NEVER put my children in their crib with a bottle. Never, not even once!

I can't stand to see this, week after week after week on this show! A whole generation of kids watching this is going to think this is the proper way to put your child to bed. I wish they wouldn't show it!

I know, I know, in the grand scheme of things on this show, this is the least of the worries these kids have but still, it's a horrible thing to do and I can't stand that every single kid is being put to bed with a bottle.

I SOO agree! I don't think it's a "least of their concerns", pediatricians have addressed how unhealthy this is for years.

Chelsea....ugh I was so mad last night! The way that Adam is treating her, isolating her from her friends, etc. is a sign of an abusive relationship. I felt so bad for her friend. Where's Adam's parents? Do they care about their grandson?
I can't believe she didn't fight with Adam over the whole thing, I would have been rip roaring mad if he spoke to my friend who has been there and helped me since my child was born, was more like another parent to this child. This girl is a complete idiot.

As much as i cannot stand Jenelle there is something wrong with her and her mom. How her mom fought with her over the present that she got Jayce? Kept saying he won't remember what you got him, well if you feel this way why celebrate at all? Why? Because its a milestone!

I want things to work out for Leah and Corey and apparently they are currently married, but put a halt on popping out more babies.

And Kailyn and Jo thats just a huge mess. I am a person thats all for going to college, I mean I did it right after I had DD young but my situation was A LOT different. In her situation I think I'd put school on the backburner and get a full time job if she wants to move out so badly and has no intentions of trying to make things work with Jo. She'll never save up enough with a part time job to support her and her child and go to school. Or even if she worked full time and maybe after saving up enough go to school part time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter