What did someone do for you that made your visit more magical?

pixiefairy

DIS Veteran
I was reading some old threads last night...and I absolutely loved one that asked dissers to tell everyone something special or magical another guest or CM may have done for you that really made you smile. It can be anything at all...from unused fastpasses being given to you, to someone letting your smaller kids squeeze in to see the parade. Let's hear your stories!:goodvibes

we've gotten Mission Space fastpasses while we were in line for Spaceship Earth. they were very friendly and we thanked them soo much because we didnt kno how we were going to get on Mission Space b/c of the long waits. and last year, the YOAMD, we got free popcorn from a CM!! haha!

and then something else that happened was that we were leaving Epcot, completely worn down from a long day, and we couldnt stay for our Soarin' fastpasses. it was too much of a long day. haha so we picked a random group of 4 people walking into the park to give them to, and they really appreciated it! we went back to our CBR food court around 9:30 that day for a quick late-night dessert, and saw the same family we gave the FP to eating!!!! it was SO funny!!!! what are the odds?! :rotfl2:

On our honeymoon, we were in AK and planned to go see the Nemo show but we had a few minutes, so we decided to ride Expedition Everest for the second time. Since we had already ridden, we went for the single riders line. A cast member saw us and stopped us, saying, "What's this? We can't have newlyweds in the single riders line!" and took us to the front of the line. "I caught these two trying to ride single. Make sure you put them together!" he told the cast member at the front.

So cute and sweet. One of my favorite moments of the trip. :)

During the YOAMD my son had watched the comercials and heard me talking about thes stuff they gave away.. He set himself up for believeing we would win fast passes or Mickey ears seeing people wearing them in the parks. He is also very short for his age to his dismay and wasnt quite tall enough for the Rock N roller coaster. I went through the Singles line while hubby stayed outside with the kids waiting for his parents. Wouldnt you know that is where I won some Mickey ears. I am looking at them thinking of my 2 kids outside and say outloud to my group. Of course the one ride my kids are not tall enough to ride and I win one! A big family near me asked hom many kids I had, I ansered 3 but only 2 old enough to care about the Ears. And they passed on 3 pairs of ears to me.. My kids were SOOOOOO excited when I came out carrying dream ears!

On our last trip we had three magical things happen to us. We were going to ride Kilimanjaro Safari but the line was super long. My then three year old was so sad and were explaining to him that we would ride later on, when a CM asked if we wanted to ride and I said yes we did but that we were going to come back later. She brought us over to her booth and wrote us an instant fast pass, it was so nice!

The second was a very friendly CM in an ice cream booth who started talking to my son while my husband was buying water. She gave him a free ice cream cone.

And the third was on our way into MK one afternoon a young man came up to us and handed us the dream fast passes they had won but didn't get to use.

These small acts of kindness really made our trip even more magicalpixiedust:

I was there this past December. I had a pin on stating that that it was my I survived chemotheraphy trip. We were standing in the line for Jungle Cruise and a very sweet woman gave me her a heart shaped stone for good luck. I thought that was really nice. Later that day I was taking picture of the Wishing Well and a CM was there and made a really big to do over the button. He took my picture at the wishing well and gave me a huge hug.

One evening after touring Epcot for the day we were t-i-r-e-d and dragging. We got to the front of the park to find no trams running to the parking lot that night because crowds were so light. We started walking (if you could call it that) to our car. DP was 3 mo. pregnant and really feeling ill and I was just horribly out of shape for the long day of walking. A CM came by with a little golf cart and asked if he could take us to our car. I could have kissed him! He took us right to our car, wished us good night and drove off. That was one of the things we always remember and tell DD about her first private ride in WDW.pixiedust:

One very kind person from these boards offered and rang and made my booking for chef mickey for our trip as I am in Australia.

So I always tried to find ways to pass it on. We often left the parks earlier than normal (we were there for 15 days) so we would grab fast passes and hand them out as we left.

We also had front row for the christmas parade on 21st december, the first public one and the park was packed solid (seemed that way to us after the days before!!) so we let 2 small girls come in front of us and everyone in our area stayed seated so those behind could see.
The mum was so grateful.

What goes around comes around.

The GF and I went back in july... It was our last day there and we were at AK. We had gotten there early, and everyone was right, it is a half a day ordeal, so we were done and contemplating leaving. While we were standing there trying to figure out if we should leave yet or not, a lady comes up to us and asks if we would like her "dream fast passes." apparently her party had recieved 4 of them, but 2 of the folks weren't riding any rides, so they decided to give them away. So we got to go 'round on everything AK had to offer a second time... thanks whoever you were.

I gave someone in line for the buses to MGM our FPs for RRC. DD was 2" too short to ride and I realized it IN LINE! So glad I didn't get on that bus and waste our time.

Jan 4-11

1)DD was asked to be princess of the day at CRT
2)DD and DS were asked to wake Tinkerbell.
3)We were given free ice creams on main street since we were from TX. LOL
4)We were given a free bottle of coke for DS because he was celebrating his bday
5) Crush talked to DS and Me during Turtle Talk with Crush
6) The talking garbage can talked to DD and DS
7) A waitress in Liberty Tree Tavern gave us instant fastpasses to see the fairies so we wouldn't have to wait in line. We went through the back entrance.

So...you don't need YOAMD....just dress your kids matching and people will think it's cute!!
101_0860.jpg

On our first trip - someone at POP gave us their kids' Mickey Mouse balloons. Two identical balloons - for my 2 girls (so, no fighting!). I wasn't going to spend the $$ in the parks for balloons, so it was wonderful for someone to just give them to us. (I think they were checking out and had a plane to catch - couldn't take the balloons with them).

We stayed at the BWV and would use the boat to epcot and MGM and on the one trip, the man driving stopped the boat and made us come to the front and made us honory co-captains since it was our honeymoon. We still have the buttons, it was so cute. We also got a special table at CRT right by the window set up with gold confetti hearts and CRT champagne flutes to keep. It seemed like everyone there went out of their way to make it sp special!

Well it actually was really nice but I did feel guilty. My kids wanted to ride splash mountain again and were really whining about it so I said ok. Then we started to walk into the line and I realized it was way, way to long for us to make our adr. Now that might not have been so bad if I could have called and cancelled or if we would have had any hope of getting another but it was free dining. My DD had turned out to be afraid of characters and I had already spent hours (literally) of time trying to get in other places and change all our meals. So I told them we had to go (they are just turned 5 and 3) they were of couse upset. They start whining and crying. I got mad and I used that hushed angry tone, no we have to go, come on.. trying to get them to go back out the line, I finally grabbed my sons arm and I am like stop that we have to go come on. I wasn't crazy or anything but I was mad and stressed. Suddenly a CM said is something wrong. I said no I am sorry not really I just realized the line is much too long and we will never make our adr and the kids are upset... I must have seemed very harried (I was at disney in sept with a 5, 3 and 1 year old) and he said well I can fix that. I will put you right on.. come with me. And he did. Walked us right around and put us on the other side. I didn't really know what to do. I felt a little guilty (I was thinking was I that much of sight) as we didn't really "need" the ride as they had gone on once but it was a really nice thing to do. We relaxed a little and it did make the day much better.

Not me, but a friend. They were at WDW in December for their first family trip. I told her to go to TSM right away when they got to DHS. They got distracted and by the time they got there, it was a 2 hour wait and fastpasses gone for the day. They did everything else they wanted to do and thought they would check TSM again before they left. There was a 90 minute wait. They stood there debating if they wanted to wait (they had a 3 year old with them). My friend felt a tap on her shoulder and turned around. A man handed her 4 FP. She looked down at them to see what they were (they hadn't gotten a FP for anything yet), when she looked up, the man was gone. She turned to her husband and asked if he saw where the man had gone and he said "what man?"
They rode TSM and loved it!!!

I love hearing all the stories! Gives me warm fuzzies....:flower3:

When we were there in June, we stayed at MK for evening EMH so it had to have been 1 am or so. We were trudging to the monorail..and our 3 year old fell asleep sitting on the bench seat of our sit n stand stroller. My poor dh tried to keep him upright..but it wasn't happening, so he carried him while I pushed the stroller with our one year old. My dd was 4 at the time, so she hopped on to the stroller and our older two boys were still going pretty strong. We finally made it to the monorail loading area and struck up a conversation with a very friendly CM. He asked if we'd ever ridden up front before....nope...never have! Since there were 7 of us, my eldest son took our 7 y.o. ds and 4 y.o. dd and they got to ride up front and got monorail licenses. It was totally cool. And we had no problem waiting for awhile....the first two monorails had pilots that were in training, lol. Our kids thought that was the coolest thing!

Our last full day at the parks, I was getting fastpasses for TSM. Something was wrong with the machines, and they had a CM helping in my line. He took my KTTW cards and just fed them in...then handed me a stack of FPs. I had a group of 7....only 6 were needed...I ended up with 11! So my ds13 and I looked around for a group of 5 to give them to. Found a family of 5 heading that way and sent my son over to them to hand off the FPs...they were thrilled, since they were heading over there to get some. It felt nice to pass on some magic. pixiedust:

*Our first day at the Magic Kingdom, we were waiting to watch the 3 o'clock parade and our group of 10 was a little spread out along the parade route. My five year old son was sitting with my parents a few people away and elected to sit with them for the parade. My dad was talking to this man next to him who was there alone. At the end of the parade, we all went over to where mom and dad were and were introduced to this man. When we were ready to leave, he reached in his pocket and gave each child a pin for trading. The kids were thrilled, we thanked him profusely and he explained that his wife had passed away and since he is so lonely on the weekend, he comes to the parks to pass the time. He is touched by the magic in the eyes of the kids and just wants to pass on some himself. I then had to explain to my 2 kids, why mommy was crying. If you are out there reading this: Thank you for sharing the magic! You helped make a wonderful memory for my family!

*My daughter getting to shake the hand of one of the mice from Cinderella during the parade.

*My son sword fighting at our grand gathering experience with Captain Hook after Hook stole food from the table. The little guy had him down on the floor and won! Hook went above and beyond the call of character interaction at this event.

*Our "cousin" at the 50's Prime Time Cafe was just fabulous! She was the perfect blend of funny, sarcastic and entertaining and we loved her!

* A nice woman gave us 2 pairs of special glasses to view the Osbourne Lights at the Studios. We passed them along at the end of the street to another family with 2 little ones.

I know there were more, but those are the ones off the top of my head.

he explained that his wife had passed away and since he is so lonely on the weekend, he comes to the parks to pass the time. He is touched by the magic in the eyes of the kids and just wants to pass on some himself. I then had to explain to my 2 kids, why mommy was crying. If you are out there reading this: Thank you for sharing the magic! You helped make a wonderful memory for my family!

Awwww...BLESS HIS HEART!

*Our first day at the Magic Kingdom, we were waiting to watch the 3 o'clock parade and our group of 10 was a little spread out along the parade route. My five year old son was sitting with my parents a few people away and elected to sit with them for the parade. My dad was talking to this man next to him who was there alone. At the end of the parade, we all went over to where mom and dad were and were introduced to this man. When we were ready to leave, he reached in his pocket and gave each child a pin for trading. The kids were thrilled, we thanked him profusely and he explained that his wife had passed away and since he is so lonely on the weekend, he comes to the parks to pass the time. He is touched by the magic in the eyes of the kids and just wants to pass on some himself. I then had to explain to my 2 kids, why mommy was crying. If you are out there reading this: Thank you for sharing the magic! You helped make a wonderful memory for my family!

*My daughter getting to shake the hand of one of the mice from Cinderella during the parade.

*My son sword fighting at our grand gathering experience with Captain Hook after Hook stole food from the table. The little guy had him down on the floor and won! Hook went above and beyond the call of character interaction at this event.

*Our "cousin" at the 50's Prime Time Cafe was just fabulous! She was the perfect blend of funny, sarcastic and entertaining and we loved her!

* A nice woman gave us 2 pairs of special glasses to view the Osbourne Lights at the Studios. We passed them along at the end of the street to another family with 2 little ones.

I know there were more, but those are the ones off the top of my head.

That first one gave me the chills and I'm teary eyed now. But such a lovely thing for him to do...hopefully it gives him a little bit of joy too.:flower3:

for our disneymoon (we wore our pins)

Room upgrade at ASMu (to a king bed, aka handicapped accessible room in Jazz)
Free dessert at the Dolphin Fountain and Teppan Edo
Picked for the backlot tour pre-show on the boat
Congratulations from EVERY CM that saw us (even by the driver of Kilimanjaro over the loud speaker!)
Honorary drivers licenses on the friendship boat going from DHS to Epcot. We got to push the button for the horn and take a picture holding the lifesaver!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter