• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What did I forget - RE: Dec 31 - Jan 3

TriMom

<font color=red>SWIM BIKE RUN<br><font color=blue>
Due to good changes in DH's vacation schedule, we are tacking on Dec 31 - Jan 3 onto our vacation which was originally Jan 3- 10. We are staying off property for the 31-3 and then moving to OKW. We have APs and our own car. So now I suddenly went from the Osborne lights on Jan 4, to having more Holiday viewing options. So let me know what I missed or got wrong:

Dec 31 - Stay far far far far away from MK, avoid EPCOT for that matter. Depending on how tired we are, we may go to DHS - but please tell me the truth - is it 4th of July crowded (which I can deal with) or crazy Mardi Gras crowd wave, afraid for your small child's safety, crowded. I can handle lot of people and 200 min lines. I can not handle being afraid to move crowded. We will probably just stay in. I have a 3 and 5 yo if this helps in your advice.

MK - Christmas Parade and Castle lights though Jan 3.

Osborne lights (DHS) and Jammin Jingle ? Parade (AK) through the 4th.

EPCOT - none

So how did I do with about 4 hours worth of research?

Thanks!!

I think they say Epcot is the park to go to on NYE because its so big it won't seem as crowded.

While the 31st will be the worst , I do not think that it will get much better till
Jan 4. Most if not all school are closed till 1/5 and there will be a slow exodus of people after the 1st. We have done Epcot 2 times on NYE and the only time we had an issue was grid lock at the bandstand near Canada where the walk way gets smaller.

The next year we avoided that spot and had no issues.

Make no mistake this is the busiest time of the year, but it is a blast. Go with the right attitude and you will have a blast.

See you soon !!!!!!!!!! We are at OKW 12/30-1/3

I will be there too! :cool1: I can't wait. This will be my first NYE at the world. Hopefully, it won't be too bad at Epcot. :rotfl2:

Hey, we'll be there too! (12/31-1/7) Our plan is to go to DHS, as it is DS(8) & DD(5)'s favorite park (DS loves Star Tours & Indy; DD loves Muppets & Ariel). Plus, I highly doubt that our kids will come even close to midnight. We're waking them up @ 4am to drive to the Logan (Boston's airport). And, as it will be a surprise, I'm sure they'll be too excited to sleep on the plane.

Keep an eye out for us though, as we'll be the 145th-148th people in line. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter