• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What Deluxe

docmcstuffens

Earning My Ears
I have never been to WDW, We are going to Disney world in mid July. so what Deluxe would you stay at and why.

Well - I've been more times than I count and it's still not enough! My favorite Deluxe is the Beach Club Resort. It's a wonderful resort with great amenities, easy access to all of the other parks, and just a short stroll to the back door of Epcot! The staff there have always been wonderful - the decorations are beautiful and the rooms are very comfortable.

I loved watching a movie on the beach in the evenings.... the pool area is fabulous!

Should I keep going??? :)

Enjoy - which ever resort you choose - you won't be disappointed! Disney knows how to make every vacation magical!:wizard:

Merri

We have stayed at all but 3 of the deluxes (YC, BWI, CR) and loved every one of them. But with that said, our favorite is the Poly. We love the tropical atmosphere, the rooms are large and spacious, the pool is great as it backs up to the beach, and it's relaxing lying in hammock on the beach watching the fireworks :cloud9:. Captain Cooks is also our favorite resort CS. We also love the GF and WL as those two run a very close second to the Poly for us. We love being in close proximity to MK and it's great having alternate transportation options :goodvibes. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them as they are all beautiful with great perks unique to each resort. I would look at the location/theme of all of them and choose the one that appeals to you the most. Good luck and happy planning :wizard:.

First off, love the name! DocMcStuffins is such a great show! :) Lara Jill Miller, the voice of Lambie is such a sweet heart! She tweeted Happy Birthday to me a few weeks ago! :)

You can't go wrong with any of the Deluxes. They are all great. I have only stayed at CR so I can really only give my opinion on that resort. I love it a lot! The monorail runs through the resort and Chef Mickey's is there too! The Cali Grill is a wonderful restaurant and watching Wishes during dinner is so magical! It's a short walk to the MK which is great when it's crowded and you have to wait a while for the monorail. It's a lovely resort and is full of magic. I would stay there again in a heartbeat if I could afford it!

First off, love the name! DocMcStuffins is such a great show! :) Lara Jill Miller, the voice of Lambie is such a sweet heart! She tweeted Happy Birthday to me a few weeks ago! :)

You can't go wrong with any of the Deluxes. They are all great. I have only stayed at CR so I can really only give my opinion on that resort. I love it a lot! The monorail runs through the resort and Chef Mickey's is there too! The Cali Grill is a wonderful restaurant and watching Wishes during dinner is so magical! It's a short walk to the MK which is great when it's crowded and you have to wait a while for the monorail. It's a lovely resort and is full of magic. I would stay there again in a heartbeat if I could afford it!

Thanks, my kids got me hooked on it! its a very sweet show. Thanks for the info.

Hi!
It depends on what kind of trip I was going to be taking! So naturally, I am going to cheat and pick several :lmao:

Since you are going in July, I think I would go with the Beach Club. It has the best pool on property! You could spend your afternoons sitting around Stormalong Bay and relax. You are less than 5 minutes from Epcot, and are about 15 minutes from Hollywood Studios, walking distance.

On the other hand, I've always wanted to stay at the Contemporary with a Magic Kingdom view. It is on the monorail and is a short way from the Magic Kingdom. Chef Mickey's is a great restaurant to meet the characters. The Polynesian and the Grand Floridian are also monorail resorts.

Happy Planning! I would consider getting a travel agent since it is your first time. They can help you with EVERYTHING! :goodvibes

Depends on your budget- the deluxe vary in cost. But with a 2yr old, I'm thinking you may be spending lots of time at MK, so I'd pick an MK resort.
We've stayed at WL 3 times, and it's one of our favs. Boat to MK is a fun way of arriving. Lobby is beautiful, movies on the beach, kids activities, Whispering Canyon is fun for kids dining.

We've also stayed at Poly and loved that too. It's on the monorail so great transportation, with monorail to MK, then we like to take the boat back. It also has a walking path to TTC to catch the Epcot Monorail. So you only need to bus to 2 parks, DHS & AK. I love seeing the castle from the beach or pool, and watching Wishes from the beach.

We've stayed at BC too, walking distance to Epcot, great resort, with the best pool on property. Pretty rooms.

We're staying at AKL for the 2nd time this Aug. The big plus with this is all the animals. It's something else sitting out on your balcony having morning coffee and watching a girafe go by, or zebra or.......
Great pool, and amazing theming.

I can't pick a fav resort- every one has something special I love about it. And they all have childrens activities and movies outside.

I am completely and totally in favor of the Polynesian. Here's why:

Atmosphere - You can't beat the laid back island feel of the resort. The separate longhouses make it feel like more of a resort than a hotel. The music and the tiki torches along the paths really add to the island feeling. It's almost a vacation within a vacation. And, honestly (and this just might be my rose-tinted view of the Poly, but I've seen it said elsewhere) the Polynesian staff are some of the best trained and nicest Cast Members you will come across in the entirety of the World.

Location - It's probably the best located resort on property as far as transportation is concerned. You have multiple options to get around the world. The resort provides the monorail, boat and buses, and the TTC is only a short walk away providing you with access to the whole world as well.

Restaurants - The Kona Cafe, 'Ohana and Capt. Cooks provide multiple options to eat wonderful food. Oh, and the Sushi Bar is amazing as well. You are also only a short monorail trip away from the excellent restaurants at the Grand Floridian and Contemporary Resorts as well.

The Beach is a perfect place to catch Wishes over the Magic Kingdom without worrying about dealing with the mass exodus of the crowds after the show. Plus, you get the Electrical Water Pageant nightly as well.

Well, that's my 2 cents anyway. You'll have a wonderful vacation at whichever deluxe resort you choose.

I have stayed at CR, Poly and YC. I am totally a Poly girl...it's my absolute favorite place in the world! But this year we are staying at the BC for the first time. I stayed at YC in April and really liked it, but not with my family (and not as much as Poly) but we chose BC to save a little money and b/c my husband wanted something different (and Epcot is his favorite park, so I thought it would be nice to be in walking distance).

I think they all have their positives and it depends on your style which one you will like the most!

Poly is our favorite Deluxe. Here are some reasons why:

- well themed
- grounds are beautifully landscaped
- on rainy days or non-park days, you can take a monorail resort tour

Location: We spend most of our time to MK and Epcot so traveling to these parks are extremely convenient.

Transportation: Easy walk to TTC for Epcot and Monorail/Ferry to MK.

Pool/Beach Area: You can watch wishes and the electrical water pageant right from the beach and pool area. It's a great option for those nights you want to stay and your resort and relax! There are also cabanas to rent for half/full days by the pool. We also like all of the watercraft options!

Dining: There are great dining options like Ohana, Kona Cafe, and even Captain Cooks for counter service.

Activities for Children: Lei making in GCH, Hula Lessons at GCH, games by the pool, Movies under the Stars, S'mores on the beach, arcade, and my personal favorite when I was little and now my daughter's favorite- The Neverland Club!!

To sum everything up, it's an extremely relaxing resort and I don't know too many people who have stayed there and not loved it, but of course everyone has their own opinions and these are just mine :)

Happy planning!!

I would say the swan/dolphin. You get to stay in a deluxe for the cost of a mod. That have good deals goin on , as low as 179 per night. The location is great, walking distance or a quick boat ride to epcot and HS. Walking distance to the Boardwalk area, such a quant area. Awesome pools as well. Lots of food choices on property . Other than the signanature restaurants the rest give you a 20% AAA discount.

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android

I've been fortunate enough to have stayed at all or them... several times. And IMHO, unless you have a "favorite" (which I do - it's The Contemporary) I would suggest that there are several circumstances that could possibly dictate which one would be better for you and your particular situation.
For example: The Grand Floridian - never seems to get a lot of "kudos" here on the threads. But truth be told, it's always booked, so someone must like it ! I believe the people that like it have very particular reasons why they like it - and not just because it's "the most expensive" or "most opulent" - maybe, just maybe, it's because it has everything... admittedly including the highest price, but everything !
I love The Contemporary - first place I ever stayed at WDW... my "first love". What kid wouldn't love having a "futuristic train" (monorail) running right through his (or her) living room ! The amenities are nice, the lobby is super, talk about location (at least for MK), decent restaurants, monorail access, boat access, solid bus transportation, nice pool... and if you can afford (and can get) a room in the "tower" with a "Magic Kingdom" view, and your kids like fireworks, well... you'll be their hero forever !
Then you have The Yacht & Beach Club... of which I would highly suggest The Beach Club (even though they are actually "sister resorts and are connected). Bright, airy, child-friendly, great location to EPCOT and DHS (by boat - or walk) and simply super bus transportation every where else. Restaurant selections are good, but since the location is so proximal to EPCOT and DHS, you have all those restaurants to choose from, as well as The Boardwalk area and the Swan and The Dolphin Resorts.... Oh, and did I forget to mention that if your children like "water", then this choice would, again, make you "Supermom" ! Here you have "Storm Along Bay"... words can not convey the logistics of this pool, you should go to the "Yacht and Beach Club Resort" thread and actually see photos of it - only they can give you a real perspective of this fantastic pool.
You also have The Animal Kingdom Lodge Resort, The Wilderness Lodge Resort, and The Polynesian Resort to choose from. I would suggest taking a few minutes to review a description of each resort, find a map that can give you some prospective of each of there locations, check out the prices, amenities and benefits of each, and then make a first, second and third choice - once you have made the decision and you feel comfortable with your first choice, make your reservations; but I would also suggest doing this as quickly as possible because if you are looking at July, you might already have a problem in getting exactly what you want. I hope all this helps.... :wizard:

I see in your signature you have a two year old. You mention kids in pleural form at one point so not sure if you have other children. I have two two year olds so if it was me choosing a resort, my first pick would be the CR. For us, the MK is the best park for young children and this is where we spend the most time. Only from the CR can you walk to the MK (no reason to use the monorail, it takes longer). It's a 5-10 minute walk. Epcot is also easy to get to (for our children, our second favorite park) via the monorail. The CR also has lesser priced rooms (garden wing, lake view rooms) than the poly or GF. And of you stay in a tower room you are guaranteed a balcony (a significant numberof the poly rooms don't have balconies). My next choices for you would be the poly, GF, and the WL in that order.

I see many people recommend the beach club. While I love this resort, we won't be staying in this area again until our boys are older or if we went on an adults trip. My reasoning is that while beach club has the best pool on property, IMO it is too much for young children, way too easy for them to get away. Also, our bus service was terrible. While this is not always the case, we went in June and our bus shared all of the boardwalk area resorts for the MK. It was awful. I do like that it has a walkway to Epcot and to DHS but with DHS being our least favorite park for our toddlers, this offers us very little benefit. These are just my opinions but in my experience, no matter which you choose you will have a wonderful time. We go 4-5 times a year and stay anywhere from value to deluxe and we always have a great time.

For deluxes, we have stayed at the Contemporary and Polynesian with our son near MK, and the Dolphin near Epcot. We stayed at GF without our little one on another trip. He was 2 1/2 when we stayed at the Contemporary and Polynesian (for the first time) and really loved them; he had a great time at the Dolphin, as well. I think he liked all of the pools - volcano pool was a hit, but so was the waterfall (grotto) pool at the Dolphin. We really appreciated the ease of getting to and from the parks with his stroller on that Poly/CR trip, and spent most of our time - 8 of 10 days - at MK and Epcot. For the Epcot area, I just can't personally imagine paying double or more to stay at YC/BC/BW when the Swan and Dolphin are right there. (And this is after paying rack rate on New Year's Day for an MK view room at the CR; of course, there is no Dolphin equivalent with the same view next door to the CR.) We have visited those resorts, and the seem lovely, though. I know folks love SAB, but I would think for us it would be too crowded to be enjoyable, and we haven't had a negative pool experience anywhere yet. Our son loved his MK view from CR, and the Epcot view from the Dolphin. I would recommend any of these resorts. We always spend part of each stay at the Polynesian because we really enjoy the grounds and the convenience. We haven't actually used the Neverland Club yet, but may on our next trip. We have enjoyed Ohana on the last two trips, though, and smores on the beach. Both were great, kid-friendly activities. Although we have so far only stayed at the GF on a pre-baby trip, we wouldn't hesitate to stay there with our son, either. We met some families on the resort boat back from MK whose kids loved the GF pool and slide, as well. For us, as long as our son is happy, we're happy, too. Probably not the most helpful answer, but whatever theme and location seem like the best matches for you will be good indicators of where to stay. You can experience service glitches anywhere, but we have had pretty positive experiences at all of our DW stays. Good luck with your choice!

RE: the Swan/Dolphin being cheaper, I agree, if you can get a really good rate at the Swan/Dolphin, it doesn't make sense to book BC/YC/BWI. However, when I stayed at the BWI, I got a 40% room only discount, and at that time the best rate I could get at the Swan/Dolphin was maybe $20-$30 cheaper. When you factor in ME, the resort fee and the parking charge if you have a car, it can end up being a wash.

For a $30 difference I would definitely try BW! Even though I think the walk may be a bit longer, we always walk around that way to get to Epcot. Love the shops and BW entertainment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter