What days are the 'off' days?

Pooh_Bear_92

Mouseketeer
When i asked about how busy it was in October someone told me about off days, when are these off days?
I'm guessing that the 'busy days' are when the certain parks have Magic Hours. So is it best to stay away from these parks? as we are staying off site and are not entitled to these?

Wow - 2 Disney trips in a very short time!! How lucky are you! :cool1: I'm quite jealous - especially going to Paris. When you come back you'll have to post all about your trip so those of us who haven't been (and very likely never will!!) can live vicariously!! :yay:

I think it is the general concensus that if you're off-site, it would be best to skip the park that has Magic Hours unless you go much later in the day (when the crazies who get there at the crack of dawn have gone back to their hotels to rest!:rotfl: ) It would probably be wiser to choose another park that day - although, in general the crowds will be less overall in October.

Hope that helps -- have an awesome trip!

I agree - if you're not eligible for EMH since you're staying off site, just pick a park that doesn't have EMH that day. (Some say it's best to pick the park that had EMH the day before - since so many people went to that park the day before for EMH, they're unlikely to go back the next day.)

You shouldn't have too much trouble in October, regardless - it's a fairly slow time of year. That's when we always go, and we don't worry too much about crowds. However, with the Food and Wine Festival and MNSSHP, it's becoming more popular. Epcot will be busy on the weekends (when lots of locals visit the F&W Festival). But we've had good experiences with crowds that time of year. Have fun!

I'll also say, if MK is closing early one day for MNSSHP, it will be busy the day before because EVERYONE will try to be there that day. This happened to us last year. The rest of the week everyone said MK had short lines, we went the day before an early closing and the lines were the worst I've ever seen!

I think it is the general concensus that if you're off-site, it would be best to skip the park that has Magic Hours unless you go much later in the day (when the crazies who get there at the crack of dawn have gone back to their hotels to rest!:rotfl: )

Heyyyy...I'm one of those "crazies" who get up at the crack of dawn! ;)

We get up around 7:30 a.m., have a quick breakfast, are on the bus between 8:00 and 8:15 and at the park gate about 10 minutes before rope drop and we love how much time we save! This "sacrifice" allows us to walk onto attractions for the most popular rides. We get more done in the first three hours than if we had waited to go in the middle of the hottest time of the day like most people. I have noticed that by 11:30-ish the park begins to get really packed, so by 1:30 or so, we are outta there and head for our resort pool! :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter