• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What day to do MK Shoot?

Dr.Cinderella

Mouseketeer
We have a bit of a dillema about when to do our Park Shoot Shoot in the Magic Kingdom and Epcot. We were planning on doing it 2 days after the wedding, but our consultant has just informed us that they are not doing them on Thursdays anymore due to the time change of the shoots and Extra Magic Hours being that morning. So not our only 2 choices are the morning after the wedding or 3 days after the wedding, which is the day we leave for our honeymoon in Hawaii. We really dont want to do it the day after our wedding, we were planning on having an "after party" with our guests and just dont want to have to go to sleep early or get up early on our wedding night! The other day is not a great option either, because we dont know what time our flights will be, but I imagine to get all the way to Hawaii they would all be early flights. So what should we do? Book the day we leave and hope to get a later flight, or just suck it up and do it the day after our wedding? We could probably save some money that way by not getting my hair redone or my flowers refreshed but we just want to be able to enjoy our wedding night to the fullest. We cant do it before the wedding either because I dont want my fiance to see me in my dress. Dont know what to do! Advice is needed please! Thanks very much!

Can I ask why you don't know what time your flights are? Is there any way to find out? How much time do you have to make up your mind and tell them what day you want?

What a drag about the schedule change! :sad2: It looks like most flights from Orlando to Honolulu leave in the morning between 6am and 10am, but I did find a few at 12pm and one flight as late as 1pm. There's also a red-eye that leaves at 6:15pm and gets you in at 12:15 pm the next day with a layover in Seattle.

I totally hear you about not wanting to do it the day after the wedding. I know some couples have stayed up all night and then gone to the shoot, but I don't have that kind of stamina! :rotfl: I'd start seriously checking into which flight you'll most likely take to see if you can do the shoot before you leave, factoring in travel time to the airport and however long they tell you a 2-park shoot takes.

Alternatively, you have up to a year to come back and do the shoot, but I know that can get pricey when you include hair and makeup, flowers, dress steaming and tux rental.

We did ours the Following morning. I think you've got to ride the momentum as it comes. MUST you do 2 parks? You could just do one? And if you haven't booked flights yet, what about delaying the honeymoon one day? Our wedding was in the morning, but I was definitely feeling the 10 glasses of wine I had with our 10 course meal at Victoria & alberts! But I am glad we did it! I did not want to do it before hand or the day of. And I'm surprised to be saying this but I was seriously over wearing that dress after 2 days of picture taking! (look at me. Look at your flowers. Look at each other. Now kiss. Look back at me.)

I'm super glad we did it, so I would say do one park if you must to decrease the stress of getting up early or whatnot, but do it the next morning and just get up and go!

Good luck!!!

Something to think about, our straight to Honolulu flight from Atlanta was 10 hours. From Orlando you are looking at a very full day of flights. If you can handle getting up to do the photoshoot and can sleep on the plane than go for it. But get a flight for the afternoon. If you don't sleep on the plane you are going to be tired. You will gain either 5 or 6 hours depending on if clocks have done the time change. Hawaii does not do that.

Thanks everyone for all your advice! Kind of like I thought, neither are really great options. We told our consultant today to book the morning after the wedding for us for now, but we may switch to the other day depending on our flight time and if that date is still available. Not ideal either way, but what can you do? I am hoping in the back of my mind that Extra Magic Days will switch in 2012 and we can switch back to Thursday! Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter