What day of the week?

jkstewart1800

DIS Veteran
What day of the week do you check in? I always assumed people arrived on Sunday like we do, but I am sure everyone comes and goes at different times. What day do you check in?

we're checking in on a Saturday and checking out the following Saturday.....
originally we were going to do Sunday, but since it's our DD's first time, we added a day! :banana:

We always check in on Sunday. Usually leave on Friday or Saturday and stay outside of the park until Sunday. About an 8 hour drive for us.

In Nov we are checking in on a Friday and out the following Sat.

Last year we checked in on a Wednesday and out on the following Sat.

We usually go every other year and like to spend more than a week.

On this trip, we'll check into our first resort on a Monday, and check out on Saturday. Then we'll stay in the second resort from Saturday through Saturday.

We always drive (7.5 hours) and I do not like wasting a saturday driving, so we will leave work a couple hours early on friday and arrive at our resort anywhere from 9pm til ?. We then will checkout the following Sunday, as you can see we try to fit as much disney into our trip as possible, 8 full days:laughing:

This year we're arriving on a Friday - checking out 16 days later on a Sunday.

Originally we planned to arrive on a Saturday - still checking out on that Sunday two weeks later. It ended up being a lot cheaper to fly out on Friday and stay the extra night.

We like to arrive on a Friday and then check out the next Sunday, so we can have one week and 2 weekends at Disney. Our last trip, we stayed 14 nights, arriving on a Friday, and leaving on a Friday. It takes us 7.5 hours to drive, so we like to maximize our trip time, since we generally only go twice a year.

We have checked in on Tuesday for the last three trips and our next trip too. For us, that has always been a less expensive flight, so airline ticket costs determine our check-in day.

You should totally do a poll on this!!!!

We have checked in on Friday (out the next Friday) and this year we are doing Saturday to Saturday. The reason is that I can take advantage of 2 weekends when I take 5 or 6 days off of work. And I like the Friday to Friday because I have the ENTIRE weekend when we get back from vacation to unpack, do laundry, & get geared up for the week.

Saturday to Saturday here.

I like to leave late on Saturday and have the extra day at home, because I go the week after Thanksgiving. After that many days off; holiday plus trip, I am exhausted and out of clean clothes!

Our first onsite trip was Wed-Sat which was WAY TOO SHORT!

After that, we started going Sunday - Saturday. I like having a full day off to pack, get the animals situated, etc. before flying out early Sunday morning (we leave the house at 4am for the airport). I arriving home late Saturday evening so we have all day Sunday to unpack, pick up the animals, do laundry, etc.

In February I'm considering a Saturday-Friday or Saturday-Saturday trip.

Usually Tues, Wed, Thurs from Portland, Maine! (This trip, it's Thursday!)
I agree with a previous poster - this should be a poll! I love those!!!:love:

We typically check in on Sunday and out on Friday. But we have just added on DVC pts and I may need to rethink an extended stay. (Our vacation in June involved extended family, we hosted. 5 nights at Disney and 2 at the beach were enough ;)) Having more points allowed us to plan a girls trip and a guys trip but I never considered simply extending our vacation.....Hey, I have 5 kids and I'm not certain that I want that much togetherness even in the 'Happiest Place on Earth' :lmao:

Since we drive to FL we usually check-in on a Thursday and check-out on a Monday. For many years we used to check-out on a Sunday but after having some car trouble one year and finding ourselves stuck in a place where everything seemed closed on a Sunday we no long travel on Sundays if possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter