What date is Earl of Sandwich closing?

ShelsGoingToDisney

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know the actual date that Earl of Sandwich is closing in January? In the announcement, they said, "January 2022". Does that mean 1/1/22? 1/30/22? Somewhere in between? Does anyone know? We'll be arriving on 1/5 and would really love to eat there one last time if possible!

One of my best meals of my recent trip was there. Roast Beef French Dip, yum. It was raining so took it back to our room (GC). I would love to see it relocate somewhere in DD. It was very busy there, long line (moved fast).

i dont know why they keep kicking them out it is one of the more reasonable places to eat,, i ate there last week and it was very good

I ate there more than anywhere else when at DL. I will definitely miss them. Good food and reasonable prices:(

I'm disappointed to hear this. I didn't know they were closing again. Hopefully not for good?

This is all odd. DLH had rooms “refreshed” not long ago… so I wonder if the new refresh will simply be some new technology items; maybe new TVs, charge points, etc to integrate better into what guests expect rather than hard finishes being updated. Redo of the grounds kind of makes sense since they’ll probably design them better to work with the new tower.

DTD is also an odd one, if Disney really thinks a third gate will happen, even if it’s 10 years down the road, an “evolutionary” change to DTD seems like a waste of money. I could see store front refreshes and small changes like different security updates or extensions of fencing and stuff, but major changes and new buildings seem… excessive if the whole place might be torn down in five years or something for new park room…

I wonder if the future 3rd gate concept really isn’t progressing behind scenes at all. The parks certainly seem to be maxing out capacity and while I love DTD, that’s a huge amount of space and would draw in the other two hotels to really be “on property” like the Grand.

I’m also surprised by the “lifestyle” space since that doesn’t generate revenue… but then again could be a good excuse for demolishing a couple buildings and going real cheap to just pave over that and leave it a flat land with some grass and open spaces…

DTD is also an odd one, if Disney really thinks a third gate will happen, even if it’s 10 years down the road, an “evolutionary” change to DTD seems like a waste of money. I could see store front refreshes and small changes like different security updates or extensions of fencing and stuff, but major changes and new buildings seem… excessive if the whole place might be torn down in five years or something for new park room…

I wonder if the future 3rd gate concept really isn’t progressing behind scenes at all. The parks certainly seem to be maxing out capacity and while I love DTD, that’s a huge amount of space and would draw in the other two hotels to really be “on property” like the Grand.

Not sure what the 3rd gate concept is (just a park goer, not familiar with Disney history). But Disney presented the whole Disneyland Forward thing that seems to jive with the DTD refresh.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...-future-integrated-and-immersive-experiences/

https://disneylandforward.com/project/possibilities

Tragic its closing, even for a while. Earl of Sandwich is one of the better quick places to eat at Downtown Disney. (Its also my favorite spot to grab lunch at Disneyland Paris, so its a very Disney place to me)

EOS doesn't need much space. There is one in SF next to the Giant's ballpark. it's basically just a walk up window. So I hope they find space somewhere! Great place to grab something quick on the way back to the hotel.

They really do need to find them a better spot at DTD. They want to be there - they reopened after the last time when Disney was going to put in a new hotel. It is such a great place!

I'm the odd one out. I really do not like their sandwiches. I do like having a place to grab some chips and cookies. But really don't care for their sandwiches.

I'm the odd one out. I really do not like their sandwiches. I do like having a place to grab some chips and cookies. But really don't care for their sandwiches.

I'm 100% with you. Something about every one I've tried tastes weird to me. It's probably something in/on their bread. It's a moot point now that I've discovered a wheat allergy, but I was never a fan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter