What Currency to Tip onshore excursions MR?

flyinbrian

Earning My Ears
I am sure this has been discussed, but after trying to locate information on what currency to tip with I figured I would start a thread and pose the question....so....here it goes:

When taking part in an onshore excursion while on the Mexican Rivera cruise, what currency do you tip? Should someone exchange US dollars to peso's or use US dollars? :confused3:

Anything would help. Also, if this a repeat, please simply post with a link and I will go there to find my answer.

Thank you

Either is fine. I wouldn't bother exchanging money simply to tip. US currency is widely accepted in Cabo and Puerto Vallarta.

Couldn't agree more....take 1, 5, 10, 20's. Several times it worked for me to say, "okay, I'll be back" then look at my mom and say, "let's go down to that store down there...they give a deal, our ship is leaving in an hour" and we are walking out and they say, "how much?" It worked for us while buying t-shirts and ponchos (I got 3 mexican ponchos for 15). Exact dollars. They know the cruise line schedules.

We were at the shops to the immediate left of the entry at Cabo. They are all independent sellers in a 'swap meet' type of building. I was grabbing stuff to make a deal and was told, it was all independent. I knew from shopping earlier what colors and what sizes I wanted. If I went to the right, they were asking $15 each. But I checked out the sizes and colors. They wouldn't budge. Then we walked to the shops to the left of the entrance to Cabo pier. Same exact ponchos. It all went down in 5 minutes. These colors, these sizes...3 for $15. Done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter