What Cruise Do You Wish DCL Would Bring Back

ludari

DIS Veteran
I have been fortunate enough to be on eight Disney Cruises. Although they are all very special to me I really enjoyed the Disney/Pixar Cruise I did in 2012. I enjoyed the Pixar presentations, Pixar characters, the special Pixar meal and especially the overnight stay in San Francisco. I really wish DCL would offer this cruise again. What cruises would you wish DCL would bring back (not new itineraries)?

I have been fortunate enough to be on eight Disney Cruises. Although they are all very special to me I really enjoyed the Disney/Pixar Cruise I did in 2012. I enjoyed the Pixar presentations, Pixar characters, the special Pixar meal and especially the overnight stay in San Francisco. I really wish DCL would offer this cruise again. What cruises would you wish DCL would bring back (not new itineraries)?
Round trip Hawaii from LA.

I would love to have a ship permanently back on the west. I've done the Mexican Riviera multiple times since there were no flights involved. They did terrible advertisement here in CA when they did have a ship here coupled with the dangers of Mexico that were going on, they had no choice but to pull the ship. I'd love to have it back though. Hawaii from long beach was awesome as well as The CA coast Pixar cruise was fun!

A transatlantic cruise with stops at Castaway Cay and in the Caribbean.

But I would love for more West Coast cruises as well. Not that this is close to where I live, but I love the idea of combining a California vacation with a cruise!

When the Wonder was the one doing the 3/4 day cruises from Port Canaveral, after a particularly bad hurricane season, the following year they scheduled 10 and 11 day Southern Caribbean cruises in September. I know they didn't sell particularly well, but we enjoyed doing the Southern Caribbean from Port Canaveral and that time of year was great for us.

The roundtrip Hawaii was one our most enjoyable cruises and we would jump on that again in a heartbeat. We also did the one way from Honolulu to Vancouver and while it was an enjoyable cruise, definitely didn't rank up there with the roundtrip itinerary.

The itinerary I would most like to see them bring back was the 2015 eastbound transatlantic that was scheduled to go to St John's Newfoundland and Iceland. We were on that cruise and as much as I understood why they had to change the itinerary and as much as we enjoyed Stavanger, I still would like to be able to do that itinerary.

NYC in the summer. It's great having the fall sailings the next 2 years and I'm doing one each year. The problem is having to take the kids out of school and family members who are teachers or coaches not being able to get the time off. Doing these cruises with just my mom. Unfortunately my 2 sisters are teachers and my 3 older nephews all play football.

Looked up these Pixar cruises you mentioned and they looked awesome! We started cruising in 2014 and didn't even know anything about it. Would love those ports.
Would also love round trip Hawaii.

NYC in the summer. It's great having the fall sailings the next 2 years and I'm doing one each year. The problem is having to take the kids out of school and family members who are teachers or coaches not being able to get the time off. Doing these cruises with just my mom. Unfortunately my 2 sisters are teachers and my 3 older nephews all play football.

I did my first sailing out of NY earlier this year (not Disney) and I really enjoyed sailing out of NY because of all the opportunities for activities/tours in the city. Yeah, the cruise was nice also but I prefer DCL instead of RCL.

Looked up these Pixar cruises you mentioned and they looked awesome! We started cruising in 2014 and didn't even know anything about it. Would love those ports.
Would also love round trip Hawaii.

Yeah, I've been on numerous cruises including the maiden voyage for the Disney Fantasy which I enjoyed very much but personally I believe it was because of the activities, celebrations and celebrities onboard the ship and not really the destinations. I got the same feeling with the Pixar cruises. It was great experiencing something different on board the ship with the Pixar theme. Another one of the highlights for me was the overnight stay in San Francisco. We arrived early in the morning and I had two excursions planned for the day (Tour of Sausalito and Alcatraz). After my tours I returned to the ship to relax, enjoy the evening show and dinner. After dinner I went to the movies on board the ship. After the movies I decided to head out into town to a couple of bars and ran into numerous crew members having a great time. The next morning I explored the city on my own (being from California I've been to SanFran numerous times) stopping at local places for lunch and pictures. Later that afternoon I believe around 5 or 6 we departed for Mexico. If it was up to me I would gladly give up doing an extra port if we could stay overnight in some places. I understand that there probably is a big cost to do this but nevertheless it would be fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter