• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What cookies are the best?

TheDisneyDoll

DIS Veteran
I have to do some fundraising for some medical things I have coming up, now the only talent I have is cooking or baking.
So my plan is to set up a shop stand at a couple local farmers markets and sell cookies.
I have a great Chocolate Chip cookie recipe, that's a must of course!
But I don't usually eat baked goods so i'm looking for cookie tips, what cookies do y'all like?

I plan on making Birthday Cake cookie sandwiches (confetti cake batter cookie sandwiches rolled in sprinkles)
Thumbprints with homemade jam

I want to make a low sugar oatmeal chocolate chip

Honestly I just don't make tons of cookies, but i'm more comfortable taking cookies out to sell in this setting than cupcakes.
Brownies or lemon bar type things would be easy to add I just want to avoid things that will melt.

I'm working on the legal and paperwork part of selling at the farmers market already so this is purely about the goods :)

or if you have any tips on how to make a successful bake sale please share! I'm really excited and I hope to continue with this even after I raise enough for my needs to help pay for other peoples.
This has always been a lot of mine

That’s like asking which is my favorite child. If they’re homemade I’m down.

You didn’t mention peanut butter. They tend to be a favorite. My DD makes an oatmeal, peanut butter, chocolate chip that’s amazing. Of course you have allergy risk there so you’d have to be super careful. I made these for a family gathering and there wasn’t a crumb left within an hour.
https://www.dessertnowdinnerlater.com/thick-and-chewy-peanut-butter-cookies/

That’s like asking which is my favorite child. If they’re homemade I’m down.

You didn’t mention peanut butter. They tend to be a favorite. My DD makes an oatmeal, peanut butter, chocolate chip that’s amazing. Of course you have allergy risk there so you’d have to be super careful. I made these for a family gathering and there wasn’t a crumb left within an hour.
https://www.dessertnowdinnerlater.com/thick-and-chewy-peanut-butter-cookies/
Allergies were the only thing keeping me hesitant about peanut butter. I'm not sure if I want to even have a risk of that, but I can't guarantee anything else I have wasn't made in a factory with something that may have been contaminated though either.
I thought about a play on PB&J with peanutbutter thumbprints, or reese's cup cookies.
Maybe i'll put them on my list but on my make very last list and if they make the table good, if I run out of time i'll take that as a sign.
Could always keep them off table and put they just need to ask for them too. I plan on keeping the cookies with icing in a cooler anyway. No one wants melted icing everywhere :)

I’m assuming your state has some type of cottage law where you don’t need a commercial kitchen in order to bake and sell handmade goodies?

Snickerdoodle is always a good option.

Yup - I love the Snickerdoodle recipe I use. Soft and chewy but a little crisp on the outside...yum! Willing to share, if you'd like.

I’m assuming your state has some type of cottage law where you don’t need a commercial kitchen in order to bake and sell handmade goodies?

Snickerdoodle is always a good option.
I'm super lucky to be working with an organization that is helping take care of all the paperwork in that sense. The liability insurance was the harder part but it's being taken care of too.

I forgot about Snickerdoodles! They were my inspiration cookie for this in the first place!

For something different you can make biscotti. It’s an Italian breakfast cookie with Anise in it. You can also add almond slices. Dh makes these and they are great to dunk in coffee.

I have to do some fundraising for some medical things I have coming up, now the only talent I have is cooking or baking.
So my plan is to set up a shop stand at a couple local farmers markets and sell cookies.
I have a great Chocolate Chip cookie recipe, that's a must of course!
But I don't usually eat baked goods so i'm looking for cookie tips, what cookies do y'all like?

I plan on making Birthday Cake cookie sandwiches (confetti cake batter cookie sandwiches rolled in sprinkles)
Thumbprints with homemade jam

I want to make a low sugar oatmeal chocolate chip

Honestly I just don't make tons of cookies, but i'm more comfortable taking cookies out to sell in this setting than cupcakes.
Brownies or lemon bar type things would be easy to add I just want to avoid things that will melt.

I'm working on the legal and paperwork part of selling at the farmers market already so this is purely about the goods :)

or if you have any tips on how to make a successful bake sale please share! I'm really excited and I hope to continue with this even after I raise enough for my needs to help pay for other peoples.
This has always been a lot of mine
Gluten Free Oatmeal Chocolate chip cookies. :) I sometimes substitute Craisins for the chocolate chips for a different taste and more healthy option.
I have a recipe if you'd like it. I use the Quaker GF Oatmeal to make them.

Last edited:
How about some specialized types of cookies? You could make paleo-friendly cookies, or lactation cookies or cookies made with organic ingredients. I’m currently a nursing mom and I would walk right by normal cookies at a farmers market, but if they were lactation cookies I would buy a dozen. I think if you could find something that would set you apart from the crowd, that would help.

I would also suggest crumbling up a cookie or two and offering samples. If your cookies are really delicious, people might be drawn in to buy them after a bite.

My favorites are sugar cookies with sprinkles! You could even do some with themed sprinkles for whatever holiday is approaching - red, white and blue for the 4th of July, Valentine's Day, Easter, Halloween, etc. When looking at a display of cookies, I am always drawn to the pretty ones with sprinkles!

Gluten Free Oatmeal Chocolate chip cookies. :) I sometimes substitute Craisins for the chocolate chips for a different taste and more healthy option.
I have a recipe if you'd like it. I use the Quaker GF Oatmeal to make them.
I'd love to have something gluten free! I work with almond flour a bit too. I'm hoping to perfect my macarons but those are far from ready for anyone but me to eat :)

My favorites are sugar cookies with sprinkles! You could even do some with themed sprinkles for whatever holiday is approaching - red, white and blue for the 4th of July, Valentine's Day, Easter, Halloween, etc. When looking at a display of cookies, I am always drawn to the pretty ones with sprinkles!
Definitely have some with sprinkles planned! I love sprinkles too :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter