What color wrist corsage/boutineer for navy prom dress?

Thanks again for all of your suggestions -- they've helped so much! I look forward to seeing what flowers she will choose and seeing my son in a tux with his lovely girlfriend. And sorry again to golfgal for my inability to read and comprehend correctly, LOL! :)

What about pale blue and ivory?

Img41325.JPG

My DS and gf wore white roses. His shirt and her dress were both cobalt blue (freaky how they managed to match so close). He wore a black suit with black/white striped tie. Perhaps you can suggest/choose if your paying a color that would compliment his tie/cumberbund. I paid for flowers, limo, dinner, and tickets, so I chose since DS is colorblind. I asked gf what her favorite flower was. I don't know if it is a regional thing but instead of the stretchy elastic band for wrist corsages, I had the option of chosing a stretch bracelet. I chose silver but had the option of gold, silver, pearl, and crystal. I added $10 to amount but gf would have a nice memento of her first prom.

Sorry golfgal, I re-read what you wrote and read it correctly this time - I totally read it wrong, lol. It's late and I think I need to go to bed. A great big DUH on my part! :goodvibes

As far as I know, his girlfriend and mom will be choosing all of the flowers, and I'm totally cool with that. I'm just glad my son's going to the prom this year! Thanks for your suggestions! :)

It's too bad that the girl and her mom are doing all this work. They get the fun of shopping for the dress, doing the hair, nails, etc. and all the guy's mom gets to do is straighten his tie :lmao:. I didn't realize that the girl picked the flowers too. I know when I went to prom your date asked what color your dress was and they picked out the flowers. I know my date's mom really went to town on this.

For my wedding the bridesmaid's dresses were navy blue, and I did lavender flowers. I thought it looked really pretty together.

I think a light pink would be beautiful and you could possibly have them use a navy ribbon or something like that. I don't think I ever had a flower that actually matched my dress. Sophomore year I had a royal blue dress so we did white flowers (it was last minute so I had no say), Junior year I wore dark grey and we did red roses, Last year for senior prom my dress was bright blue and bright green and we did light pink with green and blue ribbon.

I am watching this soo close because my DS16 is going to his first prom! :sad1::banana::sad1:

For Mardi Gras ball last weekend, his gf had a purple dress, I dressed him in a light purple shirt with a black and purple tie. Her wrist corsage was small yellow roses with purple and gold ribbons. She did not know she was getting flowers so I picked the colors. :lmao:

Prom: she told him to pick the color and she will find a dress in that color. He wants to wear a black tux with camo pattern tie and vest. She asked!:lmao: If that is what we get then I am thinking for her flowers do the yellow roses with camo ribbon and gold ribbon.

This thread reminds me of when i went to the Senior prom with a friend. I was a Junior. My date asked what color I was wearing and I told him mint green(what can I say, it was the 80's) and when he showed up he handed me a corsage of kelly green carnations:scared1: it looked like a St Pattys day decoration:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter