• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What Character Meal?

squirrel

DIS Veteran<font color=deeppink>
My DNiece-3 and I will be going in Sept. We get a continental breakfast at our motel.

I was thinking of doing Lilo & Stitch or Storytellers Breakfast at the latest PS.

I was also thinking of just ordering off the menu as she can't eat much. Buffets are not very good for me either as I can't eat much at one sitting.

What items are available on the menu? Is it worth doing it this way see the characters? Can you even get PS if you are ordering off the menu?

Thanks for your ideas/suggestions.

Thank you!

That helps a lot, even if the menus are old. I'm sure the prices are a bit higher too!

We just got back from DL & did 2 Character Breakfasts.

1 was at Storytellers (it was a walk-in meal, no PS. We were seated immediately, there was no wait & the restaurant was barely 1/2 full. It was around 10:30 or so on a Tues, so I was suprised). DD & DH has the buffet ($21 for adults & I think it was $11 or something for kids). I ordered the Huevos Rancheros off the menu & it was $16, I believe. It was kinda slow while we were there, we only saw a few characters.....Chip & Dale, Brother Bear & the Racoon. The buffet was alright, but nothing super special.

The 2nd character meal we had was at Goofy's Kitchen. I have read that it is a more popular choice, so I made PS arrangements a full 60 days ahead of time. Sooooooo glad I did this too, because when we arrived there was about a 5-10 min wait ahead of us, just to check-in to say whether you had a PS or not. I overhead them tell the lady in front of us (who did NOT have a PS) that they could seat her party in about 45 min. We had a PS & were seated in about 10-12 min from the time we arrived, which was perfect since we had gone to EE earlier & were starving!! There is a photo area right there at the entrance into the restaurant & we took that time to stand in line & take pics w/Pluto. Our name was called right as our turn for a picture came up, so the hostess waited w/us & let us take our pic & then walked us back. The breakfast buffet had probably 2x the selection as what was offered at the Storyteller's Cafe & we saw about 5 or 6 characters too, so we were really happy w/our experience.

We just got back from DL & did 2 Character Breakfasts.

1 was at Storytellers (it was a walk-in meal, no PS. We were seated immediately, there was no wait & the restaurant was barely 1/2 full. It was around 10:30 or so on a Tues, so I was suprised). DD & DH has the buffet ($21 for adults & I think it was $11 or something for kids). I ordered the Huevos Rancheros off the menu & it was $16, I believe. It was kinda slow while we were there, we only saw a few characters.....Chip & Dale, Brother Bear & the Racoon. The buffet was alright, but nothing super special.

The 2nd character meal we had was at Goofy's Kitchen. I have read that it is a more popular choice, so I made PS arrangements a full 60 days ahead of time. Sooooooo glad I did this too, because when we arrived there was about a 5-10 min wait ahead of us, just to check-in to say whether you had a PS or not. I overhead them tell the lady in front of us (who did NOT have a PS) that they could seat her party in about 45 min. We had a PS & were seated in about 10-15 min from the time we arrived, which was perfect since there is a photo area right there & we took that time to stand in line & take pics w/Pluto. Our name was called right as our turn for a picture came up, so the hostess waited w/us & let us take our pic & then walked us back. The breakfast buffet had probably 2x the selection as what was offered at the Storyteller's Cafe & we saw about 5 or 6 characters too, so we were really happy w/our experience. I can't remember the specific prices for the Goofy CM, but when they rang up our total for 4 people (2 adults, 1 child + 1 infant.....I think our infant was free actually, so they prob just charged us for 3 buffet meals) it came to a total of $70 (which included tax & tip already in it total). Sounds steep for a breakfast, but I was thrilled that it was the one we picked to be comped by Costco since they include 1 free CM w/a Disney travel package purchase thru their site. Totally worth it!! :goodvibes

We like Goofy's kitchen. It is buffet, but I also can't eat a lot at a sitting. So I just don't put a lot on my plate! :) I've done the menu at storytellers at dinner, and frankly it wasn't cheaper.

Since were really doing it for the characters we like Goofy's because we can see a lot of the main ones. We've seen, Goofy, Donald, Minnie, Pluto, Chip & Dale. Even Alice and Mary Poppins. :) Storytellers is mainly Brother Bear charcters, which we didn't really care to see. Lilo and Stitch I've heard is good, but again we like to see the main Characters.

I've gotten some of the best pictures at the character meals. My son is 9 now and doesn't really care to see characters as much, so we skip them now. But for little ones, they are great!

I have writen down the prices for the buffets as $27.25 adult and $14.80 child. Are these prices correct? I can't remember where I saw the prices. If the prices are lower like DisneyCrocsRUS mentioned then I may just do the buffet for a little bit more $.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter