What character meal would you love to see?

wrldpossibility

DIS Veteran
I was just thinking about our character meal options, and I know there's been talk of a possible "boy" character meal at DS with the Toy Story gang. What MY boys would love is a Lion King character meal at Boma. That would be awesome! :thumbsup2

What is DS? Also it would be cool to see a character meal featuring the chracters from Lion King at Boma. One thing they could probably pull off is turning whispering canyon into a character meal as well and have the characters from Brother Bear. Since brother bear takes place in the wilderness. One fun idea they might wanna do is also turn coral reef into a character meal, but make their food better and offer more choices then just a couple things and seafood. Have them offer like burgers. And have the characters from finding nemo there. That would go perfectly with the whole new attraction at the living seas. One thing I would love to see open like in MGM Studios is to have it a character buffet type meal but include ALL Disney Characters from both Disney and Pixar. But have different characters appear during different days and during breakfast, lunch and dinner. That would be a great thing to do since MGM doesnt have any character meals but one at Hollywood & Vine.

wrldpossibility said:
I was just thinking about our character meal options, and I know there's been talk of a possible "boy" character meal at DS with the Toy Story gang. What MY boys would love is a Lion King character meal at Boma. That would be awesome! :thumbsup2

I would like to see a "princess" meal with an African or African-American princess. Ideally I'd like to see it based on a movie, but if that doesn't work I'd love to see one of the Disney princesses host a meal with all of her "friends" from around the world -- beautifully dressed women from different nations in Asia, Africa, Latin America etc . . .

DS= Dear Son :)

I'd like to see a Peter Pan character meal. I think that would be so cool. I think that would appeal to boys and girls alike.

A Lion King character meal at AKL would be great . . . much like a princess meets you before seating at a princess meal, they could have a posed picture with Simba on Pride Rock (much like the Simba at FOTLK, just a bit lower and the kids could sit at the base of the rock under Simba). But I can't think of who they could add since there's very few bipedal LK characters . . . Uncle Max and Timon's mother? Or they could do a Jungle meal and also have Terk, Baloo, and King Louie, I guess.

I'd love to see a medieval meal . . . Robin Hood, Little John, Prince John, Merlin from the Sword in the Stone, Quasimodo and Esmerelda . . . .

The OP wrote DS to mean Disney Studios. I would think a Brother Bear meal would flop as the movie wasn't a hit.

I'd love if they'd have a villans meal (did they for awhile?), but gear it toward the older set so that it could be a little creepy.

photonut said:
I am all for a Pirates Meal....Fish sticks and Johnny Depp look alikes....yum!

Wonder if they'd put one of the pirates in a doggie bag for me . . . .

And rigs, they did have a Villains meal for a while but it was a flop. Nothing like a bunch of terrified and screaming kids while you're eating. ;)

There was talk about Disney starting a charater meal at DS around spring of this year. They were going to possibly have Toy Story characters. This changed, and what came about was the character meal they now have at DS which is gauged towards younger kids with the Little Einstien characters.

Anything geared towards little boys. Power Rangers (my boys' personal favorites), Peter Pan, Toy Story, Monsters Inc, Heros... anything. Why does Disney not hear us on this? Remember the hype at the very thought of a Toy Story meal? It would be such a huge success.

rigs32 said:
The OP wrote DS to mean Disney Studios.

I think you're right. I made a mistake. I'm so used to reading DS as Dear Son that I didn't even see the context. :blush:

Mickey'snewestfan said:
I would like to see a "princess" meal with an African or African-American princess. Ideally I'd like to see it based on a movie, but if that doesn't work I'd love to see one of the Disney princesses host a meal with all of her "friends" from around the world -- beautifully dressed women from different nations in Asia, Africa, Latin America etc . . .

The international theme sounds good. ESP if the food choices reflected the princesses friends' national cuisines :thumbsup2 As far as African goes... The closest thing to that Ive seen princess-wise was Poccahontas(native american) , and Jasmine (nto sure if Agrabah is a real country, but she looked Indian to me :confused3 ). I dont know why there never was an African or African-American princess, and I dont know if Disney is still creating new princesses, or just working with the existing ones princess:

Would love to see a Pixar character meal with, Buzz, Woody, Mike W., Sully, Flick, Mr. Incredible, Mrs. Incredible, Frozone, etc.

Another one would be a character meal with Hercules, Aladdin, Genie, Peter Pan, Beast, Kuzko, Pacha, Yzma, Kronk, Tarzan and so on.

So many good ideas. Toy Story would definitely be popular.

Personally, I wish Hercules or Megera will available somewhere because I love the movie Hercules, but it's hard to find in WDW.

Not just Johnny Depp be sure to add Orlando Bloom look alikes in there. OMG if they had that, I wouldnt be able to eat. I would be drooling to much! :rotfl: I would litereally go there just to see them and if I didnt like anything order a desert and drink, LOL!! :rotfl: :rotfl2: :lmao:

photonut said:
I am all for a Pirates Meal....Fish sticks and Johnny Depp look alikes....yum!

Defiantley need a boys meal. Don't care what it is can Power Rangers, Toy story or Loin king. I think they need to have a Tinkerbell character to meet also or at one of the meals. We will see her at Princess Wishes when we get back. Hoping she is a regular size character. :confused3

Disney8704 said:
One fun idea they might wanna do is also turn coral reef into a character meal, but make their food better and offer more choices then just a couple things and seafood. Have them offer like burgers. And have the characters from finding nemo there. That would go perfectly with the whole new attraction at the living seas.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I would have a tough time with Neemo characters at the coral reef. I'd have difficulty eating sea food and fish with fish charcters floating around. It would be like eating duck with Donald around. Shivvers! Lilo and stitch might be good there? Or the Pirates?

I'd like to see more lunch and dinner options with the characters, particularly in the parks. That would combine sitting for dinner (which we really like to do) with character interaction. How 'bout Alice in Wonderland and Peter Pan in UK? Jasmine and Aladin in Morroco? Pinoccio in Germany? Well, you get the idea.

There so needs to be a "boy" oriented one. Toy Story is a good idea, Pirates is a good idea. Or Stitch-my son would love stitch.

How is having finding nemo characters worse then having actual fish swim around in a tank thats near you? If you eat at coral reef, it wouldnt be any worse. In my opinion eating seafood and sitting next to a tank that has fish in it is worse then having people dressed up as characters.

Zoemakes5 said:
Maybe I'm in the minority, but I would have a tough time with Neemo characters at the coral reef. I'd have difficulty eating sea food and fish with fish charcters floating around. It would be like eating duck with Donald around. Shivvers! Lilo and stitch might be good there? Or the Pirates?

I'd like to see more lunch and dinner options with the characters, particularly in the parks. That would combine sitting for dinner (which we really like to do) with character interaction. How 'bout Alice in Wonderland and Peter Pan in UK? Jasmine and Aladin in Morroco? Pinoccio in Germany? Well, you get the idea.

I may be mistaken, but I thought there was some problem with using the characters from any Disney-Pixar movie (like Toy Story, Monsters, Cars, etc.) Or maybe someone just guessed that to explain why none of Disney's character meals have any of those characters. I'd at least like to see Dopey back. He used to be at 1900 Park Fair years ago, but not anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter