What changes over the years have you LIKED?

Rhonna

DIS Veteran
We read from time to time that some "just don't like change" at the parks. So I wonder - what changes HAVE you liked?

For example: I really like the additions to the POTC ride from the movies. Even though that is my favorite ride from childhood and I would say I wouldn't want it ruined. However, I loved the movies and when I read about the ride changes I actually was excited to see them. I also loved them when I saw them in person. (I also like FP)

So, (leaving out entirely new attractions) what changes over the years have YOU enjoyed?

LOVE the new Space Mountain music! The new queue is cool (like Disney's Hyperion Resort!), but I'm really glad they left that one old school video right before the control tower.

Also, since I ride ToT many times in a row each trip, the randomized drop sequence is great.

From the first time we went to now, the best thing we like is the size of our video camera going from the gigantic on the shoulder monster, to the very easy to carry palm size! :thumbsup2

Fastpass. One of the best things that ever happaned to Disney Parks. When we went to Disneyland Paris in November, my friend (a first timer) was shocked that there was a FREE 'fast track' like system.

I liked when Journey into Imagination with Figment replaced the trainwreck called Journey into YOUR Imagination, but would gladly trade it for the original.

Also, even though I miss World of Motion, I like Test Track a little better as it added a more exciting ride to the park.

I like the Finding Nemo show better than Tarzan Rocks.

I also really enjoy the POTC additions from the movies.

Loved summer nighttastic last year, with the exception of MSEP. I don't hate the parade, but I looooooove Spectro :lovestruc

Love the haunted mansion changes

Love the idea of off-property DVC (SC, vero, california and hawaii)

Love the new restaurants

Love EMH and DME

Love move it shake it celebrate it (is that still going??)

The changing of Dreamflight to Buzz Lightyear's Spaceranger Spin. Dreamflight was a ride I always liked but I like the Spaceranger Spin a lot more and it is one of my favorite rides at the Magic Kingdom.

Also getting rid of Who Wants to Be A Millionaire and adding Toy Story Mania in it's place. I hated Who Wants To Be A Millionaire. Fastest Finger was who could randomly press a combination of buttons and hope they got it right (so people didn't even look at the question when answering and the fastest person was under a quarter of a second when I was there) and they spent too much time talking to the contestant so only 2 people got to play the game at the show I was at.

I LOVE that Captain EO was brought back. Also, the addition of Expedition Everest to Animal Kingdom. (Heck, the addition of Animal Kingdom itself- it's my least favorite park, but it wasn't even there yet on my first trip, and Disney World is a better place with its presence, at least in my opinion.)

We haven't ridden it yet but I am very interested in the Crush and Gusher water slide at TL. It sounds great.

Also, we love the espresso carts that freshly grind and hand make your drinks.

They are usually outside the AK entrance, inside the water parks, at TTC, and usually there is one in Epcot by UK and on the way to Mission Space. We usually go to Starring Rolls Bakery at DHS. Too bad MK only has the Nestle watery garbage coffee instead of those espresso carts - they'd make money with some at the entrance to MK.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the one ticket ride everthing!!!
Love the family friendly resort packages,
love the dining plan,
Love the changes to the Haunted mansion,
love the multi drop sequenses on TOT.

From the first time we went to now, the best thing we like is the size of our video camera going from the gigantic on the shoulder monster, to the very easy to carry palm size! :thumbsup2

Haha, I agree completely. :thumbsup2

I love the changes to the Haunted Mansion (looking forward also to the changes to the queuing area), love Toy Story Mania, Test Track and most of all Fantasmic! :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter