• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What candy do you buy in Epcot Countries?

Well, now I have something new to do in the WS! Who says they get bored at DW? There's always something new to try, something new to look for! This year, it's candy. Thanks for all your recommendations! :)

The last time we were there we discovered Marble Soda in Japan. It's a really cool soda in a glass bottle that is sealed with a marble in the top. To open it you push the marble down into the bottle (don't worry, it can't come back out) and it rolls around in the bottle while you drink it!!

They were $2.50 each but really cool! And they taste great (I do prefer them cold though!)

Does anyone one know if the Japan pavillian sells those chocolate filled Koala bears? I LOVE those things!!! :lovestruc

However, don't get the US knockoff of them. I bought what I THOUGHT was a box of the real ones at Meijers. YUCK!!! The chocolate was aweful and waxy inside....( I looked at the box and found out that these were just a knock off, and made in Wisconsin :rolleyes: )

Does anyone one know if the Japan pavillian sells those chocolate filled Koala bears? I LOVE those things!!! :lovestruc

OMG! I love those, they are called some ridiculously cute name like koala yum-yums :goodvibes I don't remember seeing them when I was there last but they had really good choco-cookie mushrooms that tasted almost exactly the same:

v_mushrooms.jpg

"I also wish they would sell the chocolate eggs with toys in them. My grandmother used to bring these back from Germany as well when I was little. I believe they are called Kinder eggs. I look for them every trip in Epcot, but haven't found them yet."

WE have KINDER EGGS in Canada (the country not the pavallion :flower: ). They are about 99 cents each egg, I LOVE them. We also have milk, dark, orange, mint and caramel Aero bars...also a "thick" aero with and without caramel. Coffee Crisp also made a Maple flavour not too long ago, it was ok. The best thing about Coffee Crisp is you don't even have to like coffee (like me) to like this chocolate bar!

I lought some AEROs when I was in Vancouver last summer. They are so good!!

Kinder eggs are a lot of fun. They have them in Brazil and I always buy them.

jann1033 said:
aww you are killing me...is it the same cadbury they sell in the states or should i expect something else ( just finished a dove triple choclolate ice cream bar....pretty good too.... but not at disney !hehe)
When in Europe, I found the candies (and other items) to be much creamier, not so much "sugary". The taste was rich and fabulous. I actually was so used to eating a certain level of sugar that I found I had to buy two candy bars, or two ice cream sandwiches to get my sugar fix. However, doubling up like that caused me to start gaining weight (go figure!). So I had to cut back on the double orders.

Needless to say, when I got back to the states, I tasted an American candy bar and WOW! It was sooooo sweet, actually almost too sweet for my taste! (mind you, this was the very candy bar I was used to and was fine with it before I left for Europe!).

We were at Epcot yesterday. My two favorite candies at WDW are the white chocolate toblerones and the white chocolate covered pretzels. They were out of both!!! I went home empty handed and with a huge craving!!

I was in my local Wal-Mart last week, and to my dismay I noticed that they were selling MILKA BARS and another Disney candy that I bought in Epcot. Although I can't remember for sure, I think it was Toblerones.
They were packaged the same and everything.

I know it sounds silly, but I felt let-down and almost "taken". Guess I thought I was buying the Real McCoy in Epcot.

Anyone else seen these? They are located with the bulk candy.

I've seen the toblerone at Walmart and at my grocery store. They are alot less money there. I'd love to see white chocolate toberones!

jenny2 said:
"Flake" in England! It's a chocolate bar, made up of flakes of chocolate. My MIL is from England and used to talk about this candy. Well, DH and I tried it and YUUUMMMM!!

My sister lives in Germany currently and the base where they are stationed has a little English store that sells Cadbury and I bought a Flake while I was there! YUMMY! Thanks for reminding me. They'll only be there for another 6 months and I'll need to get her to send me some before she leaves.

Our local Shaws supermarket sells some of the foreign chocolates in their Around the World department.

i buy these carmel chewy candies in Japan for my sister - it started out as a joke but they're actually not too bad! :)

anditoo72 said:
Okay has anyone compiled a list yet???????? ;)
Yeah, here's the list so far, at least with names, and with ones that are definitely at WDW. Hopefully I got them all. We need some ideas from Mexico, Morrocco, China, and actual named ideas from Italy and France.

Germany - Milka Bar, Haribo Gummis, Hit cookies, Chocolate Advent calendar, Chocolate covered gingerbread

UK - Flake, Whispas, Buttons, Curly Whirly, Aero Bars, Lion Bar, anything cadbury

Canada - Coffee Crisp, Maple candies

Japan - Marble Soda, Pocky, Rice candy

Norway - Smor Buxx, Daim, Troika, Furklover

May have missed a few, but this is most of the ones mentioned so far....Most people have simply repeated cadbury and chocolate from Italy, Germany, Norway, or UK without naming specific candies....

We just got back and I spent an insane amount of money on Candy in Epcot!!

They were out of most of everyone's favorites. But, I did get to try the Flake in UK. I also tried a Twirl since they were out of the others. It is a flake dipped in chocolate so it wasn't as messy! I loved it!!

I also loved the Myk Smor Bukk from Norway!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter