what can you use obc for?

bluejasmine

DIS Veteran
Can it be used for drinks or merchandise in the shops or champagne tastings?

Can it be used to pay for Palo?

Everything you purchase on board (drinks, tastings, merchandise, excursions, tips, Palo) goes to your on-board account. Basically, DCL takes that bill and applies any and all OBC's (DCL's, TA's, yours, etc) first and you pay the balance of what it left.

Oh goody! Dooney DCL bag here I come! LOL I will have $250 obc so that should take care of Palo, champagne tastings and maybe a few drinks here and there and a few souveniers.. Leaving more money for that Dooney and SPA!! LOL

Think of OBC as a declining balance....you have $250 on your account to start with so each time you purchase a drink, book a spa treatment, make a purchase in the shops the amounts you charge will be deducted from your OBC amount. When you have used up the $250 your charges will then be added to your onboard account as charges and at the end of the cruise you can payoff those charges with cash, or the credit card on file...if you do not do anything then all the charges will just roll onto your charge card...like express check out at a hotel. I often check my account by visiting Guest Services to make sure everythign is OK. You can get a printout at any time from guest serivces which will list the charge, the person who made, where it was made, etc.

DCL does charge credit cards when your onboard purchases reach about $400 (7 day or longer cruises). this is after any OBC which is used first.

MJ

How convenient that was going to be my next question what the limit was before they charged your credit card.. So $400?

Do excursions booked thru DCL while on board get billed to state room or do you pay upfront when booking on board?

The point at which they bill the credit card varies with the length of the cruise. It was $400 on a 7 night cruise, but I recently read that it had increased to $500 (no personal experience).

Everything on the ship is billed to the stateroom account. Each person can have a different account tied to a different payment source if desired.

The point at which they bill the credit card varies with the length of the cruise. It was $400 on a 7 night cruise, but I recently read that it had increased to $500 (no personal experience).

Everything on the ship is billed to the stateroom account. Each person can have a different account tied to a different payment source if desired.

I was on the Magic last week and they charged my card when it got over $500. I went to guest services to check a few days before the cruse ended and it had just been charged.

If they charge your credit card when you reach the $500 mark, can it be reversed? I have a bunch of Disney GC and Disney Reward dollars that I would like to use for on board purchasing after my OBC is maxed out.

If they charge your credit card when you reach the $500 mark, can it be reversed? I have a bunch of Disney GC and Disney Reward dollars that I would like to use for on board purchasing after my OBC is maxed out.

I know when I check they had already charged the tips to my account and the woman told me I could change it to cash. I think you can apply the GCs and rewards dollars at the beginning of your cruise. Another idea is to check your account everyday or every other day. Guest services was hardly ever busy so it should take less than 5 minutes.

You can apply gift cards and reward cards at any time--they can be refunded to the same card if not fully used.

DCL will "spend" your OBC first, then any "funny money" like gift cards or reward dollars, then any cash you have applied, and finally bill your credit card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter