What can you say about the Garden Grill at Epcot?

DisneyGirlie

DIS Veteran
We have an ADR for lunch here and quite frankly I haven't heard much about it. How is the food, service, and the character interaction?
TIA! :goodvibes

We had dinner there last August and will be back again in 2 weeks! Characters came around about 3 times to our table during our meal. Food was good. My 7 year old requested that we go back again. He also liked the fact that the restaurant moved. I did read on here that there have been reports of problems with the restaurant not moving. I sure hope it is working when we get there!

When is your ADR? Lunch was discontinued at GG, so if you have an ADR after October 5, you need to call and change your reservations.

Otherwise, we love Garden Grill. The character interaction is top notch. It is by far our favorite character meal. Chip sat down to color with my DD and Dale took our bowl of catfish and ran away. (He brought it back) Mickey spent so much time with the kids, they were so excited. And Pluto goofed off with my DH, the kids thought it was hilarious. They all made it to our table two or three times. The food is amazing, we love it. The catfish is awesome. It's so neat to ride the boat ride first and see where all the food is grown before you eat there. The kids loved the dessert, they bring out a cupcake, frosting, mickey sprinkles and a gummy worm. They had a blast decorating their own cupcakes. It is our favorite character meal!

My ADR is for October 1st so I barely made it I guess.
I'm glad to hear such positive things about the food and character interaction! I love the characters. :goodvibes

Yes, its true. If you have a lunch ADR booked After Oct. 5th, you must change your ADR asap! They will no longer have characters at lunch. I'm not sure if they are cancelling lunch all together and just doing dinner, but I would call right away!

In my opinion, I did not care for the restaurant. Food was horrible, and Mickey and Chip were out of character. Service was good, but we had to wait 20 min. for our table when the restaurant was empty and it was only 3:30pm!

The rotation was cool and different, but many reviews say the rotation doesn't always work.

I always thought the rotation thing was so cool! I hope it works when we dine there.

I called and asked about this because IMNSHO, why go if the rotation isn't happening? :confused3

They (the CM) put me on hold to find out and she was told it is working just fine.

We did not particularly like it. The food was mediocre. The table was very crowded with the five of us and our plates. The rotation was kind of cool and the characters were fun, but no one in our family requested a return there on this trip. Dessert was very good though.

We have a lunch ADR so I'm glad to hear some good things about it... I'm going during free dining so lunch is my only option right now...

Out of curiousity, does anyone have any pictures they would like to share from their dining experience at the Garden Grill?

We loved Garden Grill when we went for lunch in Dec. The character interaction is the best we had on our trip. My son loves Chip and Dale so this was by far his favorite meal. The food was good. We can't wait to visit again this August.

We loved the GG. The characters came by often and stayed awhile. The food was good and lots of it.

We haven't eaten there in a long time but I do remember the food was good & loved the idea of the resturant moving around.

We ate there 9/06 for dinner and my family would hardly touch their food. I am not picky, so I ate fine. But, everyone agreed that we would not return there for our next trip in 9/08. We had 7 other dinners that were much better, in my family's opinion. Although, I had a friend there at the same time and her family loved it! To each their own!

I am definately in the minority here but my family and I did not like the food at all. We did like the charaters and the theme but the food is not worth the money. We will not go back. However, that is just my opinion and others have liked it just fine. Have fun whatever you do!

We just had lunch at GG in June - it was not the same as the past! We used to love it which is why we continued to go there each trip. The rest. wasn't rotating as usual. The waitress was surley at best and the food was cold!

The high point as always was the characters- Chip and Dale and Mickey were joking around and made the experience a good one.

I hope they do something new with the menu and we will absolutely try it again on another trip - but I'll miss Mickey in his overalls:)

Everybody in my family (adult children, grandchildren, husband, sister brother- in-law) liked it and have requested that we go there during our February trip.
I believe I am also going there during my October trip with my sister and niece...The grandchildren loved the characters and making their own dessert...The food is good.;)

We love the Garden Grill! Lots of people that DH and I work with are always asking our opinions on dining, and this is one I recommend as often overlooked. The character interaction has been great every time we have gone, we always get an early dinner ADR (as close to 5 pm as possible) and we always see the characters 3 times each at MINIMUM. We have always had fine service, our last time in Jan. the waiter kept going back to get us refills on what we wanted. DH really liked the catfish, and I am starting to drool just thinking about that flank steak and cheesy potatoes! The kids really liked the decorate your own cupcake for dessert. I have heard some people complain about feeling sick from the rotation, but everytime we have gone it has been so slow I have a hard time telling we are moving at all. Everyone naturally has their own opinion, but I say give it a try! We like it!

a-102.jpg

this was the dessert we got. I think it changes frequently though.

a1-35.jpg

kids dessert

a2-22.jpg

we had 2 characters come together several times.

a3-13.jpg

This was when he was bringing our catfish back that he ran off with!

a5-7.jpg

Pluto was riding a broomstick. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter