What can we trade desserts for?

la79al

DIS Veteran
We have the regular DDP for our December trip. My mother will not eat desserts. Most of our TS meals are buffets so it doesn't matter for them but for our CS meals, what can she get in place of dessert or what dessert type item can she get that is not super sweet cookie cake sort of thing? TIA

most counter service places will let her get either fruit or a bottle of water as her dessert.

At table service the only sub that's allowed is some places will allow fruit. Some places have allowed milkshakes as the dessert (if the restaurant serves them)

Many CS places also offer yoplait yogurt (often strawberry or strawberry-banana is the only flavor available) as the dessert on an adult CS. I have also had luck getting the kids' grapes as my dessert instead of the sweet stuff.

Almost every TS we've ever eaten in (and that covers 90 percent of WDW :rotfl: ) has offered a no-sugar-added/sugar-free dessert, and many of them will bring a plate of fruit of some configuration in place of dessert (I don't care much for sugarless pastries or such things, and I don't even like chocolate, and actually prefer the fruit option myself).

I've also often 'claimed' my dessert at CS locations and 'traded' it with a travel partner for their later enjoyment while I take one of their snack credits to use for fruit or something I would like later on out in the park.

Sunshine Seasons let us get a pre-packaged side item instead of dessert. They are in the refridgerator case -- the one we picked was a bean and corn salad. There were other choices as well but I don't remember what they were.

I've gotten fruit for a CS dessert (apple slices at Pizza Planet at DHS), and another time I got light yogurt (strawberry flavor) for a CS dessert at Cosmic Ray's in MK.

Most places offer some type of fruit and many offer yogurt. A friend of mine was just at WDW in early July and when they didn't feel like having dessert the CS locations allowed them to get a bottle of water.

For TS, many of them will let you get fruit. My dad is diabetic and when we make our ADRs I will indicate that on them, so that if there is not a sugar-free option available, hopefully he can get some fruit (my parents won't be on the DDP but this is for CRT and also when my sister makes their ADR for Akershus).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter