What can we get done?

mastermind307

DIS Veteran
I'm still debating on what to do the day we arrive. I have it narrowed down to 2 options. We will be arriving on Sun. Nov. 13. We should arrive at POFQ around 2:30-3. So I was wondering how much we could get done at EPCOT if we arrive late afternoon. I'm not sure how crowded it will be since it's the last day of food and wine festival. We will have another day at EPCOT, so if we go we would stay in future world and do those attractions. I know test track and soarin' will have long lines, but how much of the following could we get done? How much could we do is we had Garden Grill for dinner?

Seas with Nemo
Turtle Talk with Crush
Living with the Land
Spaceship Earth
Journey with Figment
Innoventions
Imageworks

Or should I stick with my orginal plan and just hang around our resort and go to DTD? Nov. 13 is also the last day for the Fesitval of the Masters, so I'm not sure how crowded DTD would be.

we'll be there at the same time. On Sunday 11/13 HS is open late- EMH. I suggest maybe going there so you can spend a longer time in the park with a later arrival.
Enjoy!

I personally wouldn't have enough time to get much done at EPCOT in future world. If you arrive at POFQ about 3ish then you'd have to take the bus to EPCOT once settled, I'd guess being there by 430 depending on how long you are taking to settle in and when the bus arrives. Not sure when you plan to eat at Garen grill but since FW closes earlier then WS you'll be pressed for time and probably could do the land pavilion and Living seas with Nemo but not much more could be expected and that's being efficient and staying by the restaurant area.

I'd instead check into POFQ and then take the boat to DTD and have a bite to eat, shop, and enjoy a relaxing evening before a fresh start to the day.

We in fact we'll be doing that. The first day we always stay out of the parks and go to DTD.

For us, we'd never waste a day at DTD if we can be at a park. We arrived at POP and were at EPCOT around 5:00pm last visit. We rode Spaceship Earth, Mission Space (X2), single rider TT, Maelstrom, Mexico's ride and still had time to catch 2 - 3 wine/beverage tastings before ADR's at Tokyo Dining at 8:30. It was a Thursday, November 11th though, not a weekend.

I agree with TheHendies. We never waste a day at DTD when we can be in a park! We usually spend the morning in one park, go back to the hotel around 1:30/2:00 and then head back out to another park around 3:30/4:00, so arriving at Epcot at 4:00 would not be a waste of a night at all! You'd still have at least 5 hours to hang out around World Showcase (and another 30min-hour to watch Illuminations) or take in the sights and ride a few rides in Future World. :wizard:

That time of year, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at the lines for Soarin' and Test Trak....don't write them off completely.

We arrived at Epcot around 4:00 a few years back (during Flower/Garden time), had dinner at Coral Reef, did everything we wanted at The Seas and Imagination, played with the jumping fountains, rode Living w/the Land, and SOARIN'.

Just check the time board to see what the waits are like and if they are any FPs left.

Not sure when you plan to eat at Garen grill but since FW closes earlier then WS you'll be pressed for time and probably could do the land pavilion and Living seas with Nemo but not much more could be expected and that's being efficient and staying by the restaurant area.

Doesn't future world and world showcase both close at 9? :confused3

I think you'll be fine with that list. The crowds will be in world showcase. If you avoid test track and soarin', I bet the rest will be a breeze!

Following this thread as I'm debating on doing Epcot on our arrival day too. We've got 2 young kids but could probably be at Epcot by 3 or 4 on a low crowd Tuesday...plane lands 11 am. What time does FW close?

I was thinking TT single rider maybe, Seas Nemo, Turtle Talk, Aquarium, Living w/Land, Spaceship Earth, Innovations West and maybe even Character spot or visa meet greet.

Hope some more people chime in!

I would head to MK to get that whole "we're at Disney!" feeling going. There is nothing more exciting for the family than seeing the castle as you enter the gates. Also, there are more FP opportunities at MK, you can explore Main St and ride some of the attractions that don't usually have a long wait time. Plus, with Epcot having F&W and DHS having EMH, MK may be less crowded.

JMO - if I was not going to F&W, I would avoid Epcot on that day.

Following this thread as I'm debating on doing Epcot on our arrival day too. We've got 2 young kids but could probably be at Epcot by 3 or 4 on a low crowd Tuesday...plane lands 11 am. What time does FW close?

I was thinking TT single rider maybe, Seas Nemo, Turtle Talk, Aquarium, Living w/Land, Spaceship Earth, Innovations West and maybe even Character spot or visa meet greet.

Hope some more people chime in!

Visa Meet & Greet shuts down mid afternoon (I forget exactly when, but I missed it last time) - so if that's on your list, check there as soon as you enter the park. On a low crowd Tuesday, you might even snag a FP for Soarin' still - check the board as you go by.
FW is open till 9 pm, tough some rides (like Living with the Land) may close earlier. I think you'll get plenty done and it will be well worth heading over to Epcot!

Doesn't future world and world showcase both close at 9? :confused3

According to both wdwinfo and allearsnet, they both now close at 9:00. There may be some things that close earlier, but the major attractions will still be running.

As for going to MK, there's a MVMCP that night, so you would have to leave the park at 7:00.

How much could we do is we had Garden Grill for dinner?

Let's say you make it to the park by 4 you could very reasonably get all that done. They will have little to no lines. I would do them in this order:
Innoventions*
Living with the Land*
Journey with Figment*
Imageworks*
Turtle Talk with Crush
Seas with Nemo
Spaceship Earth- as you exit the park unless staying or Illimunations

Maybe someone who has been there recently can comment but do
Innoventions, Living with the Land, and Journey stay open until 9 now? When they made the 'change' to keep FW open till 9 last year all of those still closed at 7.

I'd go for it assuming your tickets are long enough that adding a day is cheap.

Personally, I'd check the headliners to see if FPs remain first thing and adjust from there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter