What can we expect from Whispering Canyon?

minniebows

Earning My Ears
I am thinking about making an ADR for Whispering Canyon. I wanted to get some input on all of the fun activities. Also can someone tell me about the milkshakes (flavors).
Thanks

oh WCC...sigh..we LOVE it there :love: Ask for Ketchup, straws and of course REFILLS! :rotfl: :lmao:

We had a great time at Whispering Canyon in December. DD4 thought the ketchup gigs were about the best thing ever. She also had a blast with the horse races. The games were fun, but probably not a reason to make the trip by themselves. Food was great and everyone in the group (5 of us ages from 4 to 62) rated it as one of the best meals of the trip.

Milkshake flavors...all I remember is a vanilla milkshake that was not a milkshake...it was a MILKSHAKE that will leave all future deserts that pretend to be milkshakes a mere shadow of that evenings experience. WOW!!!

It depends on the night you are there and the servers I guess. We were there in September and none of the antics were going on. Personally, we won't be going back. We could have cared less about the antics, but the service and the food were terrible.

We foudn the food just OK here. We love the atmosphere but the food we can take or leave. As a result, we didn't go last year. Hopefully it is better now.

We actually went there last night, and if you get the skillet meal, it comes with all you can eat cornbread, salad, ribs, chicken, corn, mashed potatoes, brisket, and pulled pork. It's tons of food and it's really good! We never needed ketchup, but did get a laugh at the people who kept asking for it. It was a fun atmosphere, and we didn't have any children in our party, but we did get a kick out of watching the kids ride their stick ponies and we even had to do the hokey pokey as a celebration.

The milkshake flavors were vanilla, chocolate, strawberry.. and they did have other flavors like bubble gum and a few other odd ones, but I can't remember them all. They are covered under the dining plan though, so my brother had a milkshake and ordered his dessert to go for later.

However, if you're looking for a quiet, relaxed dinner, this is not the place. Its loud and rowdy.. and we did see some people who weren't in a very good mood that seemed ticked that they had to get up and bring the ketchup to another table and even said "we don't need THIS much ketchup".. obviously didn't get it! And also the server was kinda running around like crazy and we did have to wait for refills, etc., but it was Saturday night, so I'll give them that.. ;)

We've stayed at WL our past few trips so have been to Whispering Canyon several times for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

We love it there...the food is good (and plenty of it), we've never had a bad server experience and the atmosphere fun. We had an absolutely hysterical experience last year at dinner. The server (who looked exactly like Jeff Foxworthy! :rotfl:) and my son had an exchange that we still talk about!

Obviously not everyone would agree with my review so I say go and find out for yourself...but only if you're up for a bit of noise, it does get loud at dinnertime. Breakfast is quieter of course. Have fun!

This is why we always tell people to try it themselves at least once. Everyone has different tastes, experiences, etc. We hated the skillet--DH got sick on the meat and our service was awful. For everyone of us, there is someone who likes it. People told us not to eat at Mama Melrose, and it is one of our favorite places. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter